Page 6 of 121 FirstFirst ... 34567891626364656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's still playing WoW then?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Starburn
    damn horde.. y'allways ganking.
    Yeah.. fun, until you actually meet a /skilled/ alliance (like me ).. imo skilled mage can easy take down a rogue that tries to gank him.
    Then sit there doing /spit /laugh on their body as they no doubt mash their keyboard in anger and confusion that they were killed whilst trying to gank.
    im sure a "good" played could, but i really would class myself as an expert in the rogue class for my level i have on many occasions had to take out groups of 3 allis that have tried to gank me (all around 2 - 3 levels lower then me)

if you know the class very well, a good fight is in store and this is the reason i gank.. i dont gank coz its free honor for a rogue ( which it is most of the time ) i gank to try and find a challange

not being a assasin based rogue, i got fully off combat, no backstab no ambush just pure stuns, attack speed increase and and high dmg sinister strike attacks with a 1h hammer (standard hits at around 90 - 100 crits at around 180 - 190) which kinda messes alot of cloth types up coz in the 1st 3 seconds of stun without missing a hit can do over 500 dmg before the stun goes, then can kidney punch another 5 seconds of stun with even more dmg to follow including a +20% in to attack speed

if you know the rogue.. you are un beatable, to anyone around your level anyways paladins and warrios at level 31 are a breeze.. only real problems are shamans... and i dont PvP against them
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni
    What the hell does "WTH" mean

Huggable
    Thanks
    • Starburn's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Epox 9NPA+
      • CPU:
      • A64 4000+ (@ 12x210)
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gig Corsair XMS Pro (DDR400 @ 420)
      • Storage:
      • 2x80gig Raid0 & 1x200gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X1800XT (above stock)
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R Modular (580W)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Wave
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" TFT & 50" TV (for games)
      • Internet:
      • Be 24mb
    if you know the rogue.. you are un beatable, to anyone around your level anyways
    I still beg to differ, as I know the mage
    like I said, hence my stam. build
    with 2900hp a rogue of similar level to me doesn't do /that/ much damage even when he jumps me unexpectadely I can easily get distance and nuke the crap out of him/slow him down

though I am looking forward to leveling up my rogue, love the idea of hiding/stealthing etc. and ganking horde

edit: by nuke I mean, sheep, then fireball (~500dmg), PoM (instant) pyro (~640dmg), (instant) fireblast (~400dmg), scorch (~200dmg), CoC (~220dmg + slowdown).. FrostNova, then run around him giving him grief with ~200dmg instant cast arcane explosions...

So 1940dmg without crits (ignite means another 40% DoT on top of standard crit too ).. after the first instant AE + slowed down 50% or froze in spot, so I can keep away from him for 8seconds.

*forgot; thats 1940 without the standard fireball/pyro DoT's added btw
    Last edited by Starburn; 29-09-2005 at 03:24 PM.
    We cannot choose what we are.. but what are we but the sum of our choices?

Thanks
    • dkmech's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @3.16GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb ddr2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 2*640gb WD Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 6970
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 690
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Hanns G, 19" Hyundai L90D+
      • Internet:
      • 14Mb
    Quote Originally Posted by AoD
    if you know the class very well, a good fight is in store and this is the reason i gank.. i dont gank coz its free honor for a rogue ( which it is most of the time ) i gank to try and find a challange
    There is no challenge in ganking. Its easy to kill someone a couple levels lower than you. Finding and killing someone who is fighting a couple of mobs and is on low health or someone who is afk is easy even if you are crap. You either don't understand what gank means or don't know the meaning of the word challenge. I assume its the former, as challenge is a widely used word in English language and I'd hope that by now you would know its meaning

Gank means to attack a player/players who are heavilly disadvantaged by either being outnumbered, too low level, low on health or fighting a mob. There is no honour in that. And rogues generally do it more than anyone else. In such cases if being hearted is fairly satisfactory in relation to my plans i do not exclude bubble-heart from my options.

This is why I consider rogues more or less kill on sight unless I don't plan to be in the area and am just passing through. Haven't had many encounters with them lately mind
    Tough on mirrors, tough on the causes of mirrors.

Thanks
    i think you need to re-read my post buddy, i said i gank for the challenge.. i dont gank people that are on low health i dont gank them if they are grey. hell, i could run in a fight with rogue my level without stealth and come out on top without a doubt i dont need stealth for any ganks, it just helps

i dont recall stating i gank afk's or anyone half way though a fight, im horde and have honor in myself thanks. i will make the fight fair and fight whiles they are full health and mana.

a rogue uses stealth as its a skill they are based around, i being combat dont really NEED the skill but it helps for the cheapshot stun for the combo points, if its unfair to gank someone using stealth then why are rogues created?

and the version of ganking we use on danksorrow is just killing alli in general, there for it you call it alli killing.. change all my "ganked" in to "killed an alli" or what ever

i am not dishonorable with my kills and will only attack greys if they attack me, and even give level ??'s a go if they see me, i dont mine a quick run from the grave yard, and even once got a ?? priest killed by myself (she clearly paniced and didnt have a clue what to do after i attacked her)

Thanks
    I still beg to differ, as I know the mage
    like I said, hence my stam. build
    with 2900hp a rogue of similar level to me doesn't do /that/ much damage even when he jumps me unexpectadely I can easily get distance and nuke the crap out of him/slow him down

though I am looking forward to leveling up my rogue, love the idea of hiding/stealthing etc. and ganking horde

edit: by nuke I mean, sheep, then fireball (~500dmg), PoM (instant) pyro (~640dmg), (instant) fireblast (~400dmg), scorch (~200dmg), CoC (~220dmg + slowdown).. FrostNova, then run around him giving him grief with ~200dmg instant cast arcane explosions...

So 1940dmg without crits (ignite means another 40% DoT on top of standard crit too ).. after the first instant AE + slowed down 50% or froze in spot, so I can keep away from him for 8seconds.

*forgot; thats 1940 without the standard fireball/pyro DoT's added btw

i can image that hurting rogues ^ ^ but if the rogue is fighting back he can use kick to stop your fire for 10 seconds and with imp kick a 2 second silence, in that time could have already for enough combo to stun you for 5 seconds this doesnt include if the rogue has poisons which increase your casting time

i think the main this is defo the way the toon is played, i know that alot of alli on our server are very young players, you really can tell from there playing style.

I have come across plenty of allis who are very much a challenge to myself with my rogue and its these fights which are always the most fun if my rogue was same level as your mage and on same server i could see the fight bgeing a damn good one
    Last edited by Kaine (AoD); 29-09-2005 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks
    • dkmech's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @3.16GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb ddr2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 2*640gb WD Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 6970
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 690
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Hanns G, 19" Hyundai L90D+
      • Internet:
      • 14Mb
    Quote Originally Posted by AoD
    i think you need to re-read my post buddy
    I think you need to re-read mine. My point was that generally a word used for fighting the other side is erm... "fighting". So if you used the word "gank" with a different meaning then what you do is fine. If however you used "gank" in the way I understand "gank" then that would make "challenge" meaningless in that context.

a rogue uses stealth as its a skill they are based around, i being combat dont really NEED the skill but it helps for the cheapshot stun for the combo points, if its unfair to gank someone using stealth then why are rogues created?
    Nothing wrong with using stealth in general. As long as you don't erm... gank. Rogues are squishy, so they especially benefit from starting the fight from stealth.

and the version of ganking we use on danksorrow is just killing alli in general, there for it you call it alli killing.. change all my "ganked" in to "killed an alli" or what ever
    Do spread the wikipedia link around Danksorrow - you lot need some educating
    Tough on mirrors, tough on the causes of mirrors.

Huggable
    Thanks
    • Starburn's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Epox 9NPA+
      • CPU:
      • A64 4000+ (@ 12x210)
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Wave
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Be 24mb
    gank means gang-killing doesn't it?..
    generally.. major advantage easy kill type thing.

I'm actually working for once atm so haven't had time to read the posts properly
    just skimmed.

AoD: yeah.. they have to actually get somewhere near me to kick me tho hehe.

Thanks
    reason ive quit defencive over my "ganking" hehe is coz ive put alot of time in to fair fighting, sat watching someone finish a fight and eat to get ready is boring but i dont like to attack whiles they are low on health/mana and as i say, greys i dont attack unless they attack me 1st

If they are green and i know i could take them out no problems i normally take myself out of stealth just to taunt them and when they attack just lay in to them, seen as tho every single rogue on our server is assasin base they do no exspect me to wipe them just from standard attacks

Thanks
    gank means gang-killing doesn't it?..
    generally.. major advantage easy kill type thing.

I'm actually working for once atm so haven't had time to read the posts properly
    just skimmed.

AoD: yeah.. they have to actually get somewhere near me to kick me tho hehe.
    not a problem with blinding powder ^ ^ sprint or vanish hehe

Huggable
    Thanks
    • Starburn's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Epox 9NPA+
      • CPU:
      • A64 4000+ (@ 12x210)
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Wave
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Be 24mb
    we could sit here arguing all day .. blizz have made it this way.

still, polymorph

Thanks
    lol true its the way of the "different servers" we will only know if they do a best of the best of all servers and its me v u or a server migration.. lol each toon has there points on how to take down another class its just the way you use them and at what times you use them hehe must say ive still not lost to a mage solo yet hehe the day will come when i try and gank a mage and he will just wipe me lol i can see it comin and its that day i will go back to the guy bow and walk away a hard fight is alot better then a walk over fight.. and much more enjoyable

Huggable
    Thanks
    • Starburn's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Epox 9NPA+
      • CPU:
      • A64 4000+ (@ 12x210)
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Wave
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Be 24mb
    hehe, yeah a lot of people (nearly all..) who play alliance are crap.. esp. most of the mages. They're too busy crying in the WoW forums, or insulting people.
    Thats why I'm thinking of rerolling horde on another server, might even win BG sometimes! :shock:
    Well.. I'm currently 700th in my server, but I'm only lvl48 .. will hopefully be somewhat higher by next wed's ranking.. then I may aswell just grind to 60 as it's much easier to gather honor.

Thanks
    im still doin well on my no death by alli rogues atm 2 mages higher level 1 mage same level and another 1 mage one level lower last night hehe and thats only the mages i got a new weapon icy weapon and demonslay are really nice combo aswell i will have to post a piccy of her level 31 rogues ftw!

Huggable
    Thanks
    • Starburn's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Epox 9NPA+
      • CPU:
      • A64 4000+ (@ 12x210)
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Wave
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Be 24mb
    yeah well we don't all have lvl60's who will help us out all the time
    when I hit sixty with my mage (and then get a bit bored pwning all the horde ).. I'll kit my rogue alt out nicely

reminds me, was watching one of my flatmates last night play his lvl60 rogue.. he ganked somebody (lvl60 priest) in the AH at Origimmar while it was packed with horde, then just vanished before anyone knew what happened and hid in the corner whilst all the shamans etc. used AoE trying to find him.
    He was ranked 3rd in the server a while ago

Very funny to watch
    Last edited by Starburn; 30-09-2005 at 09:42 AM.

Thanks
    lol thats pretty class i did the same thing (kinda but in a smaller place) level 24, getting revenge on someone who ganked me whiles i was fighting something followed him in to red ridge and in to the big building next to the Inn and ganked him hehe was cool but hurt alot untill i vanished and hid couldnt get out of the building untill they big guards despawned lol

Thanks
    • Butcher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair 1866 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W
      • Case:
      • Big Black Cube!
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    hehe, yeah a lot of people (nearly all..) who play alliance are crap.. esp. most of the mages. They're too busy crying in the WoW forums, or insulting people.
    Thats why I'm thinking of rerolling horde on another server, might even win BG sometimes! :shock:
    Well.. I'm currently 700th in my server, but I'm only lvl48 .. will hopefully be somewhat higher by next wed's ranking.. then I may aswell just grind to 60 as it's much easier to gather honor.
    I don't think quality of play is related to faction actually. I've seen plenty of horde players with no clue.

Page 6 of 121 FirstFirst ... 34567891626364656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information