Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: Intelligent Design / Evolution podcast

Senile Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fuddam
    which religion is right? if you sit down and compare, not in a superficial sense, one should be able to reduce them to a few sentences - their core doctrine / principles / values etc

yep, a few sentences
    Great, you should be able to explain "Intelligent Design" in a sentence for me.

Or am I required to be in love with god to truly understand?

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks
    came across this amusing article in the Daily Mail this weekend, from Peter Hitchens:

If Darwin fanatics are right, where’s my fins?
    Darwin fundamentalists this week produced a fishy fossil which they claimed, was evidence of their weird and increasingly shaky theory.

From these bones, they claimed to have deduced that large fish spent hundreds of thousands of years developing shoulders (why would a fish want shoulders? To do press-ups on the beach? How would I develop fins if I wished to reverse the process?) plus a lot of other contentious, vague, circular waffle.

Should these people be allowed to propagate their bizarre creed in schools? Should children be exposed to fanatical atheism and unprovable claims dressed up as if they were proper science? I respect the sincerity of their faith in the idea that nature happened by accident, but surely it is better suited for discussion in religious education classes?

lol

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    The man is an idiot and does not understand the concept of evolution. to be frank.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    Quotes like that show just how ignorant creationists are.

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    Not only that, but who on earth takes anything printed in the daily kneejerk as fact? *chuckle*
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    Argument lost right there, anyone who thinks Peter Hitchens is in any way qualified to commentate on the subject, or that his comments might in any way validate their own position are so out of touch with reality that it should be no surprise that they believe a few randomly selected mistranslated bronze age myths as literal truth.

Therefore religion is now finally disproved once and for all, and we can all look forward to no stupid and pointless threads being started ever again on the subject. This is supposed to be a technology based forum FFS!!!

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JPreston
    Argument lost right there, anyone who thinks Peter Hitchens is in any way qualified to commentate on the subject, or that his comments might in any way validate their own position are so out of touch with reality that it should be no surprise that they believe a few randomly selected mistranslated bronze age myths as literal truth.
    but somehow you ARE qualified to talk on the subject? Hmmmm. never heard of you before.......

For a start, I think he was commenting, rather than commentating, so you lost on the grammar count. If your grammatical accuracy is more suspect than his, might be indicative that so is the rest of your logic.

Actually, I posted his OPINION for fun, not because I believed him to be an authority on the subject. I find it interesting how more opinions along such lines are being published than before. Of course, holders of such opinion must be bigoted, ignorant, witch-burning superstitious emotional cripples, no doubt.

Therefore religion is now finally disproved once and for all, and we can all look forward to no stupid and pointless threads being started ever again on the subject. This is supposed to be a technology based forum FFS!!!
    huh? your opinion on Peter Hitchens somehow means you have proved a thesis? Interesting...........

Also, your lack of tolerance, for a subject posted in the QUESTION TIME forum, is usually a criticism reserved for Christians. Funny, that. Ironic. Hope you have complained about the lack of intellectual rigour in all those other Hexus forums that behave in such an unseemly fashion. I believe I have seen some that even talk about BEER (Heaven forbid!).

Large Member
    Thanks
    but somehow you ARE qualified to talk on the subject? Hmmmm. never heard of you before.......

For a start, I think he was commenting, rather than commentating, so you lost on the grammar count. If your grammatical accuracy is more suspect than his, might be indicative that so is the rest of your logic.

Actually, I posted his OPINION for fun, not because I believed him to be an authority on the subject. I find it interesting how more opinions along such lines are being published than before. Of course, holders of such opinion must be bigoted, ignorant, witch-burning superstitious emotional cripples, no doubt.

huh? your opinion on Peter Hitchens somehow means you have proved a thesis? Interesting...........

Also, your lack of tolerance, for a subject posted in the QUESTION TIME forum, is usually a criticism reserved for Christians. Funny, that. Ironic. Hope you have complained about the lack of intellectual rigour in all those other Hexus forums that behave in such an unseemly fashion. I believe I have seen some that even talk about BEER (Heaven forbid!).

I'm not feeling the love your God empowers you to feel for all strangers sunshine.
    To err is human. To really foul things up ... you need a computer.

Thanks
    which religion is right?

Would you still be a christian if you wernt in the UK?

Most people stay with the religion that their parents chose for them (or become non-religious). so your relegion depends mostly on the culture of your parents, which depends mostly on where they lived. Doesnt matter which is right you wouldnt change anyway.

People only go to church regualy:
    if they are lonley and like old people and like drinking tea,
    to hear stories from the bible that make them feel better
    if they are too stupid to live without the above..

Religion is nothing to do with science. Its a socal past time..
    Last edited by SilentDeath; 30-04-2006 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks
    His argument must be bad, his grammar is wrong...

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TeePee
    His argument must be bad, his grammar is wrong...
    I was being sarcastic about his use of 'qualified'

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by |SilentDeath|
    Would you still be a christian if you wernt in the UK?

Most people stay with the religion that their parents chose for them (or become non-religious). so your relegion depends mostly on the culture of your parents, which depends mostly on where they lived. Doesnt matter which is right you wouldnt change anyway.
    really? tell that to the millions upon millions of Christians in china, who went through a period of enforced anti-religion. Their experience is either from a traditional chinese religion to Christianity, or a non-religious (ie communist / atheist) background to Christianity.

tell that to the millions of Muslims who are changing to Christianity

tell that to the Messianic Jews, who came from a background of orthodox Judaism

likewise for Hindus and Buddhists.

People only go to church regualy:
    if they are lonley and like old people and like drinking tea,
    to hear stories from the bible that make them feel better
    if they are too stupid to live without the above..
    you are entitled to your opinion, of course.

You can call people ignorant, misguided, delluded, but to call them stupid tells us more about yourself than about them.

unapologetic apologist
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yamangman
    I'm not feeling the love your God empowers you to feel for all strangers sunshine.
    love has nothing to do with accepting his flawed logic

Thanks

Hey Fuddam, could you come round my house at about half past ten tonight for a chat?

Been having trouble sleeping lately

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    Wow, this one is back from the dead.

Fuddam mate, I have to take exception with this :

"Actually, I posted his OPINION for fun, not because I believed him to be an authority on the subject. I find it interesting how more opinions along such lines are being published than before. Of course, holders of such opinion must be bigoted, ignorant, witch-burning superstitious emotional cripples, no doubt."

Well, I realise you posted that to get a reaction hence my rather short reply about the guys credabillity. What I would say is that just because an opinion is common (and I am not conceeding that it is) certainly does not make it correct. The vast majority of people belived the world was flat, didnt stop them all being wrong. I would like to submit my own bit of evidence to this debate, and yes I am questioning the logic and rationality of fundamentalist thinking here.

Check out http://dl2.dumpalink.com/media/bwKpd...TrCsXc5h39.wmv Proof of god by banana.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    I was being sarcastic about his use of 'qualified'

No, you were being a pedant. And again you are wrong, because 'grammar' refers to the structure of language rather than choice of individual words and because 'commentator' is how people commonly refer to opinion columnists. If it really offends your sensibilities, I'll change it to 'commentor'

@G4Z...BEHOLD THE ATHEISTS NIGHTMARE ( )...Yea, and immediately there fell from mine eyes as it had been scales: and I received sight forthwith, and arose, and ate a banana (correct 'grammar', fuddam?) - that proves it all, I'm convinced! I think all us (former) atheists agree that they have no answer to that kind of argument. Although strictly speaking because there is no mention of bananas in the bible that man is guilty of being a false prophet (propheteering?) and should be stoned to death.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread Information