Thread: Possible Overheating Problem?

Thanks

Possible Overheating Problem?

Hi guys, I purchased a system around 6 months ago and have been running pretty much without any problems until the last couple of days

For reference the build number was 28121

Yesterday evening I was playing L4D and the system locked up to a a greeny/black screen mid mission, however my TS server was still running as I could still hear / talk to my friends, but couldn't bring up task manager / exit etc, so had to reboot. (I actually had to turn the machine off as the reboot has never seemed to work properly)

I tried rejoining and carrying on playing but it locked up again after a few minutes. I rebooted again and did some web browsing and played Football Manager fine for the rest of the evening.

Tried to play L4D again this evening and after about an hours play it locked up again. As before my TS keeps going so I presume its the gfx card overheating but don't seem to have anything to check this with

However this time on restarting I got some weird issues: firstly, on switching the machine back on it did nothing - the monitors steadfastly remained in standby. This happened a couple or so more times and then after leaving it for a few minutes it went through the normal startup of 'loading Express Gate', but then I saw the BIOS picture rather than the the POST test gubbins I normally see, and after that it goes to a black screen which says something like the following (apologies this is not exact as it goes by pretty quick, this is what I've been able to note down in the 2 further times I've restarted and seen the same errors)

Marvell 885263XX... Adapter...
    Resetting controller 1
    Spin Up Group 1... you see a few [OK]s flash up next to a few entries then is goes to a new screen

Adapter 0
    No Virtual Disks
    No Physical Disks

Then it goes to the Starting Acronis loader and then starts Vista

I doubt this is relevant but when I got into windows the first time it mentioned about 'If you wish to use the disk in drive A you will need to format it' - there was no disk inthe drive though (but it hasn't done that one since the first reboot this evening). It also mucked up my sound settings.

Any ideas? the errors on startup sound like something to do with RAID, but surely as I have 1 drive partitioned it doesnt use RAID?

Thanks
    • Ben @ Scan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Evga X58 Sli LE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 920@4.5Gig
      • Memory:
      • 6 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Intel 80 Gig SSD & 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silver Temjin 07 (Silverstone)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Iiyama
      • Internet:
      • 50mb Virgin Media

Re: Possible Overheating Problem?

Hi

We are looking into this and are contacting you directly through the original query

Regards

Ben

Thread Information