Thread: New member with a question

Thanks

New member with a question

Hello all,

I'm a new member here, a first time customer with Scan and currently awaiting Netsolve to contact me re delivery of my "Tian Di Hui".

I've been browsing the fora and have seen a number of threads concerning problems when starting up overclocked systems with Windows 7.......namely advice to disconnect external usb connections. This has got me worried as, except for internet browsing, I will be using my new system primarliy for Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 and need to have the following usb peripherals connected:

Flight sim yoke; flight sim rudder/toe brake pedals; Plantronics gaming headset; printer; gaming mouse.

On my old (now dead) system I used a hi-speed usb 2.0 4 port hub...mains powered with just the one usb connection to the pc. Once my new pc has arrived and I've installed flight simulator etc I intend to use this hub to connect the peripherals.....am I likely to have problems when I switch on the pc ?? If I do it's going to be a right pain having to disconnect/reconnect these devices.

I've ordered the new pc with Windows 7 Pro, an overclocked i7 950, 6GB Corsair Dominator GT RAM, one EVGA GTX 580 and the Asus Rampage III Extreme ROG motherboard.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Regards,

Dave.

Thanks

Re: New member with a question

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum.

I have usb printers, hdd, headset and scanner continuously connected to my overclocked pc with win7 hp x64 and have experienced no problems when booting hopefully you will have the same experience, but if you do have problems just post to the Hexus fora and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Thanks

Hi vinny,

Thanks for the welcome. Here's hoping all goes well as this pc was an unexpected expense after my other (non Scan) pc died on me.

I ordered the pc on 2nd Dec and credit is due to Scan for keeping me informed re the build stages and advice given over the phone about adding a fan controller and changing the monitor due to the original being out of stock. One thing I've found strange is that after build completion I received an automated email with an attachment listing all the parts used and their serial numbers with a request to check them against the actual parts delivered....going to be very difficult considering the system will already be built upon delivery

Just waiting for Netsolve now....hopefully they will contact me on Tues morning as tomorrow is another Bank Holiday.

Regards,

Dave.
    Last edited by 747driver; 02-01-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks

Scan is pretty good at keeping customers informed about what is going on.

Another thing to remember, is that Scan offer free delivery (http://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-he...tup-guide.html) for Hexus forum users that have 20 or more construtive posts, saves me a packet over the year.

Thread Information