• Corsair 650TX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" + LG 22"
      • Internet:
      • JANET

City Link fail

This is no way a moan at Scan, as they've been fine every time I've used them. Order a 2GB WD HDD yesterday late on, and was dispatched that day by Scan, so thumbs up there for them.

However City Link provided me with an ETA of "Between 07:30 and 17:30" - what use is that? They might aswell not bother putting an ETA on.

So I couldn't waste 10hours hanging around today, as I had to go out to do something, and they came while I was out - fair enough they couldn't delivered as I was out. They left a card, with the "collect from depot" box ticked. They reckon they have tried to deliver it twice. But there's no way they could have tried to deliver it twice as I only ordered the HDD yesterday afternoon.

To make matters worse, I live in North East Wales, and the closest depot is "Chester", which is still a good 15 drive each way, HOWEVER the last couple of City Link deliveries have come from the Warrington depot.

1. Why the £$%& are the goods coming from Warrington when Chester is a closer depot?
    2. Why should I have to go collect the stuff from a stupidly far away depot when they've only bothered trying one delivery? I don't even have a car, so there's no real way I could collect from Chester let alone Warrington.

This is not an attack on Scan, but I'm hoping as City Link are your customer, you might be able to sort them out.
    Last edited by redddraggon; 23-08-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks

Re: City Link delivery

redddraggon

Thank you for the feedback.

This is no way a moan at Scan, as they've been fine every time I've used them. Order a 2GB WD HDD yesterday late on, and was dispatched that day by Scan, so thumbs up there for them.
    Great to hear and thanks for the compliment.

However City Link provided me with an ETA of "Between 07:30 and 17:30" - what use is that? They might aswell not bother putting an ETA on.
    The service selected when you placed the order was an all day service, timed deliveries are available.
    http://www.scan.co.uk/Information/Delivery.aspx

If you can PM me your Invoice number I can respond to the other points you have raised and re-arrange delivery at your convenience.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 17-08-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Thanks

redddraggon

City Link attempted delivery on the estimated day confirmed when the order was placed, they left a card as you were out and from looking at their web site they have automatically re-scheduled delivery for tomorrow for you.

I cannot answer why the parcel is at the Warrington dept, rather than Chester, however there is no relevance to this case as you confirm the parcel isn't collectable by you from the depot.

I also don't know why City Link confirmed they attempted delivery twice, but to be honest they only usually attempt delivery once per day unless specifically requested by SCAN and feasible for City Link to do so.

I don't understand where there has been any incompetence here, as delivery was attempted when scheduled, as you were out a card was left and re-delivery has been scheduled for tomorrow for you.

Best Regards

Thermoelectroceramicist redddraggon's Avatar
    Thanks
    • redddraggon's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (rev2)
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 930
      • Memory:
      • 3x2GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Corsair F60 SSD & 2x WD Caviar Green2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x ATI Radeon HD5870 1GB in CrossFireX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650TX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" + LG 22"
      • Internet:
      • JANET

Thanks for doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris P View Post
    I don't understand where there has been any incompetence here,
    Well I did put the details in my original post.

1. According to the card they claimed to have attempted delivery twice and wanted to me go collect it.

2. Poor ETA details. I don't need to arrange a specific time, they could bring it in the middle of the night for all I care, it would however be a good idea to provide a sensible time frame if an ETA is published, saying 0730-1730 is largely a waste of electrons.

3. Using a depot miles away when there is closer one.

However if you believe these actions show competence, I'm fearful for Scan's future

Thanks

redddraggon

I have responded to each of your points to show that there hasn't been any Incompetence.

1. According to the card they claimed to have attempted delivery twice and wanted to me go collect it.
    The card show's where the Parcel is being held but City Link deliveries are always re-attempted the next day, the City Link consignment number has been e-mailed to you, which you can use the track the delivery via the City Link web site, which confirmed delivery has been re-attempted for tomorrow. Re-delivery of parcel's is also covered in the Delivery section of our web site - http://www.scan.co.uk/Information/Delivery.aspx

2. Poor ETA details. I don't need to arrange a specific time, they could bring it in the middle of the night for all I care, it would however be a good idea to provide a sensible time frame if an ETA is published, saying 0730-1730 is largely a waste of electrons.
    The ETA confirmed is all day, for the all day service you chose when you placed the order. You are saying you don't need to arrange a specific time but then are asking for a sensible time frame. City Link don't confirm when the order delivery is due but specific timed deliveries are optional, which give you a more precise time frame for delivery.

If you are unhappy with the all day service I suggest a timed delivery is selected so a more specific time frame can be confirmed

3. Using a depot miles away when there is closer one.
    We have established that this has no relevance, as you have confirmed you do not have transport to collect the parcel, even from Chester, there would have been no advantage for you, if the parcel had been sent to a closer depot?.

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 17-08-2010 at 05:13 PM.

bharte

Re: City Link fail

I have had great service from City Link local to me so I suspect it is a depot issue. In the past even when they have given me an all day time slot ringing the local depot at 10am they have been able to tell me if it is likely to be morning, lunch or afternoon.

If you miss them again and can get to Chester could you ring the Warrington branch and ask for the parcel to be transferred?

Thread Information