Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scans New Qcollect & Returns

Registered+
    Thanks

Scans New Qcollect & Returns

I would just like to put everyone in the picture about returning faulty goods that were purchaced using Qcollect, I was unaware of this & I would assume others are too.

It seems that as I collected this item from the Bolton shop I am responsable for returning it at my own expense even though it is D.O.A. If it had been delivered to me It would have been collected free of charge.

I made the mistake of thinking it would be better to collect the hard drive from the store as I was working in the area, which in itself would have been fine except the drive is faulty so, although Scan has arranged for it to be collected I will be charged for this service (I could have arranged for it to be delivered myself but would rarther use Scans courier).

In my opinion using Qcollect is only the better option if you do live close to Bolton

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet
    It should be noted that I think the collection's only free if the item is found to be faulty and otherwise you get hit for the collection charge (~£20) and I *think* Scan refund your costs if you've paid to send it in yourself, regardless of how you had it delivered.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Lucio

You are wrong we do not offer a collection service for orders collected in person, in theory if you collected it you are expected to return with it. We only offer collection service for Mail Order purchases.

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet
    Hmmm, interesting, I'd expected to have at least seen a refund of postage costs if the item was found to be faulty, regardless of the original purchase method.

Thanks
    • markbrown83's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC
    If you buy something from a shop by going in store - in order to return it, you have to go back to the store - whether they provide an online ordering system or not.

So if you bought the item from the shop, you have to then return it to the shop.

I think it's fair enough.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Markbrown

Exactly - Thank You

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by katgra View Post
    I would just like to put everyone in the picture about returning faulty goods that were purchaced using Qcollect, I was unaware of this & I would assume others are too.

It seems that as I collected this item from the Bolton shop I am responsable for returning it at my own expense even though it is D.O.A. If it had been delivered to me It would have been collected free of charge.
    Thats a pretty big assumption! What other store will collect from your house if you buy from the store?

The delivery charge would presumably have a small percentage of it allocated to the fact that the item may need to be returned. By collecting, you are avoiding paying this.

Just look how much you saved on postage by collecting it - will you loose more than that sending it back? If not, you are still in profit compared to if you have paid for delivery
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    • tigerboyce's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T Deluxe/OC Palm
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920 D0 @3.8Ghz + Titan Fenrir
      • Memory:
      • 6gb (3x2) OCZ Reapers DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 690gb total WD caviars
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS 320mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520w
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell E228WFP 22"
      • Internet:
      • aol :/
    i wasnt offered collection for my RMA.. but im not at all bothered, whats £5 for the return guys to check and test and probably give you a replacement or refund..
    Last edited by tigerboyce; 08-06-2007 at 02:33 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Lucio...

I was under the same impression my friend, But it seems I was wrong.....

I am sure many others think the same hence my post.

MarkBrown83....

I can understand the logic behind your answer, but in reality most people would not buy something like electrical goods or computer parts which can go faulty from a small out of area shop, that they would have to travel many miles to return it if it was faulty, they would use a large retailer who would have an outlet close to home, where if necessary it could be returned. As Scan is an online retailer I was under the impression I would have the same protection as an online customer being as I live some distance away & normally have things delivered to my home address, which could be verified by my account.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Agent....

Not such a big assumption if you look at the posts "Lucio" thought the same.

Thanks
    But in all my years of computers ive never seen a company offer collection for products brought at the store - Its just a false economy.
    You save money by collecting, including the percentage of the delivery cost that would be allocated for a return if you had paid for it.

I know that Lucio had assumed the same, but honestly, its unheard of. I just cant see the logic behind it
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Agent.....

I too have been buying computer components for many years, although I have never encountered a situation like this, the order was placed online & paid for online not at the store, (so I would have thought it would be covered under the distant selling regulations) it was only collected as I thought it would be more convenient as I was in the area, the cost was not an issue.

The reason for my post was to inform others who thought the same as I.

Thanks
    • markbrown83's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC
    I just had to return my motherboard and power supply as they became faulty.

They were around 6 months old (past the 28 day period). Therefore I had to send them back in order to get replaced. I sent them using special delivery, it cost me nearly £40 altogether to send them back.

I wasn't refunded the money as it was out the 28 day period. A little annoyed but there is nothing I can do about it. Most large companies, in order to send an item back when under warranty if it is past the first month - you, the buyer, have to pay for postage.

Thats life I am afraid.

The same idea goes if you buy from a store, if it is faulty, you must return it to a store.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Tigerboyce....

At the end of the day if you or I were to buy something no matter what it is, you would not expect to incur further costs if it is found to be faulty, any diagnostics & returns of faulty goods should be built in to the profit margins of the business & not tagged on as an extra if you have a problem.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by katgra View Post
    Agent.....

I too have been buying computer components for many years, although I have never encountered a situation like this, the order was placed online & paid for online not at the store, (so I would have thought it would be covered under the distant selling regulations) it was only collected as I thought it would be more convenient as I was in the area, the cost was not an issue.

The reason for my post was to inform others who thought the same as I.
    Ok I shall try an clarify this for you

On the system we use we have 2 options for orders - 1 is counter sale and the other is mail order.

Although the order was placed and paid for over the website as you are collecting the goods it still has to be processed as a counter sale. We implemented this system to help customers and cut down on the waiting times in the counter sales area.

When the order is placed for Q-Collect it flags with the system so it is processed as counter sale so no carriage charge is applied and also to ensure that the order isnt dispatched in error.

That is why when you come in to collect a q-collect order, we request for further information as well as the card you paid with for the Q-Collect to confirm your identity.

As others as previously stated as we didnt deliver the items then the onus is on the customer to return the goods to the store during there own time and own expense

Regards,

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by markbrown83 View Post
    I just had to return my motherboard and power supply as they became faulty.

They were around 6 months old (past the 28 day period). Therefore I had to send them back in order to get replaced. I sent them using special delivery, it cost me nearly £40 altogether to send them back.

I wasn't refunded the money as it was out the 28 day period. A little annoyed but there is nothing I can do about it. Most large companies, in order to send an item back when under warranty if it is past the first month - you, the buyer, have to pay for postage.
    This Drive is Two Days Old in effect D.O.A

Not 28 days I would expect to pay after that length of time.

Thread Information