Thread: Not a happy chap (for different reasons)

Thanks
    • grayg1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 24GB Patriot Viper 3 (x2 8GB, x2 4GB)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial 240GB M500 | 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Nanoxia DS1

Not a happy chap (for different reasons)

5 to 6 times I have been told by Scan I would be phoned back within a certain time, whether it be 20 minutes, today or tomorrow. Only once have I ever been phoned back, why?
    I have a bill of £9+ from phoning Scan alone, I don't like being lied to. For example I was told my RMA would be returned to me on Friday it wasn't, I then had to phone up on Saturday to ask why and when it would be returned, I spent 5 minutes phoning and waiting but got cut off. I phoned again later and it took 10 minutes to get through to have a 20 second conversation. It's 7p a minute? So it cost me £1.05 ish just to find out what's happening because I'm lied to.
    Obviously because these phone calls don't happen too I have to phone up to find out what's going on.

Also I have a bit of a problem with Scan atm why do they not take care of peoples items?
    Why do I have a huge motherboard sticker stuck to my PSU box? Why has Scan seemingly lost my plastic protective CPU case? Where has one of my SATA cables gone? Why was my hard drive not sent back in its anti static bag? Why do I now have 3 yes 3! motherboard socket protectors? If some people are now missing one after a recent RMA you know who has been given them.

And for straight bizzareness Scan wins the award, the graphics card which is faulty, which isn't faulty, which is faulty, which isn't faulty, which is faulty is now seemingly NOT faulty? Why say it's broken to swap with a new card, to then say the new card is now faulty and give me back my old card which you said is faulty? and why is it now in a tiny box?

On another note I am still testing right now, so far so good hope it stays that way.

Registered+
    Thanks
    GRAYG1,

I'm at a loss to the poor service you have received, this is far below any standard we strive to acheive and at points seems absolutely bizzare.

I just want to let you know that I have taken all of your points on board and will be speaking to the staff here and the relevent department manager involved with the staff concerns raised in some of your other points.

I can assure you this wont simply be brushed under the carpet, I will personally deal with each of the points you have raised and ensure standards are improved wherever necessary.

Wesley Aldred
    Returns Manager
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 13-06-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet
    This is why Scan's got a good rep for customer service, even the worst of cases attract a positive response from the team!
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 13-06-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks
    And they are very aware of the positive impact this attitude has on people reading such responses. It's highly commendable!

Tech Geek.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyaldred View Post
    GRAYG1,

I'm at a loss to the poor service you have received, this is far below any standard we strive to acheive and at points seems absolutely bizzare.

I just want to let you know that I have taken all of your points on board and will be speaking to the staff here and the relevent department manager involved with the staff concerns raised in some of your other points.

I can assure you this wont simply be brushed under the carpet, I will personally deal with each of the points you have raised and ensure standards are improved wherever necessary.

Wesley Aldred
    Returns Manager
    tbh mate i dont think scan can say this kinda of cs doesnt happen alot i think the best cs i have had with the company has been phone all other forms of cs seem to be very bad imo, which is why im going straight to phones from now no longer going to waste time asking here all that happens is fan boys attack you and nothing gets sovled.

Btw one final note wesley any chance of some help as im still here with a fault y mb in room ive had 4 months of scan had replaced twice still same issue and tbh id like my money back as its costs me tons in returning it and phone calls.
    And when i asked somone on here to sort me out they sent me a email saying what is the issue whe n id already dont that 100 times lol so hope you can help.

Banned
    Thanks
    If it were any other company they probably wouldn't even bother replying! Scan are awesome at sorting out the odd problem that arises now and again. At least with Scan you know that the problem will get sorted out asap.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Cozwin

Thanks for your post and your PM, unfortunately non of which actually link you to anything at Scan, could you please PM me with an OLQ or RMA number so I can actually look into this for you.

Thanks
    • Philipp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Impact
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550W RMX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" ROG Swift
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 20Mb
    Quote Originally Posted by Cozwin View Post
    Btw one final note wesley any chance of some help as im still here with a fault y mb in room ive had 4 months of scan had replaced twice still same issue and tbh id like my money back as its costs me tons in returning it and phone calls.
    And when i asked somone on here to sort me out they sent me a email saying what is the issue whe n id already dont that 100 times lol so hope you can help.
    Cozwin,

Every time you have PMed me I have informed you that I have replyed via scans OLQ system (Email) you have yet to respond to these emails.

Best Regards

Registered+
    Thanks
    Cozwin,

Could you please respond to the mails Philip has sent you via our OLQ system, were are awaiting these responses as we have been for over a month now so we can progress this matter for you.

Thanks
    • grayg1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 24GB Patriot Viper 3 (x2 8GB, x2 4GB)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial 240GB M500 | 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Nanoxia DS1
    Still so far so good as far as the freezing goes, not going to stick my neck out and say it is definatley fixed yet though. Wait a week first that should be plenty of time for it to show itself if it's still there. Although I did have one incident when my computer locked up after exiting Oblivion I think this may be a game related issue, atleast I'm hoping it is.

Tech Geek.
    Thanks
    sorry to keep posting here original posted, just thought id reply that i didnt reply to the qlq thing because you asked what my issue was when its clear its the same one constant restarting basicly motherboard is broke lol but ill reply if must.

Tech Geek.
    Thanks
    ill pm phillip again with all details and ask what we can do with this as i want to keep to pms now if can.

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    Cozwin.

If they have sent you a QLQ and you ignore it becuase you have the same issue, then how are Scan to help you?

There has been some negative posting towards Scan from yourself and now you say that they 'should know' what your problem is.

If you are going to keep it to PM's then I suggest you keep your complaints there too. Its not fair to bash a company because they aren't doing 'exactly' what you want them to even if it goes against one of thier existing processes.

I would appreciate it if you can resolve your issue with them directly as they have requested and drop the critisism of them - its not exactly fair to them when they have been trying.

Matt.
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Tech Geek.
    Thanks
    well tbh i have explained the issue 3 times and had 2 replacements and then to be asked what the issue is when i told them its the same one tbh i expect them to know tbh
    and tbh i think everyone has the right to complain about anything.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Just because you have had previous faulty items does not automatically mean that the problem is the same, all we have asked you for is clarification, were not going to issue you with a refund / credit and no amount of posts will change that. We will look at the board and if it is verified faulty we will discuss a couple of options with you, but be assured non of then will involve a refund / credit.

Tech Geek.
    Thanks
    true, well phillip if sorting this out for me now and im very greatful for all the replies and help.
    and i will most likely be still buying from scan as tbh its more gigabytes problem for sending obviously more the one faulty board to guy so there to blame imo.

thx again

Thread Information