Thread: Another Scan order delayed

Thanks

Another Scan order delayed

I placed an order of several items earlier on today. Mid afternoon I gave scan a call to add additional items (power supply, hdd) and confirmed that all items are in stock and will be delivered for tomorrow (17th Aug).

Just got home to see the following email from scan:

"Thank you for your order from Scan.

Please regard this email as a notification of delay in your order due to
    unexpected volumesin our warehouse. Please rest assured your custom is
    greatly valued and we will process your order with the utmost urgency. Your
    order has still been booked for a next working day delivery from the point
    of despatch and we will send further emails to confirm this.

Should you require any further information or assistance please log a query
    using our online Customer Support service. Alternatively, you can contact
    our delivery support team on 0870-755-4747.

We apologise for the delay and thank you for your patience."

what’s the point of having next day delivery, taking the money for it and not being able to deliver it the next day?

I made my order on the assurance that all items were in stock and will be delivered tomorrow. I only have Saturday to build my machine. Ordered other parts from ebyuyer and ocuk after getting off the phone from scan. Both have sent me their dispatch notices. Regardless of their reputation on the day scan lost out.

This does not seem to be an isolated case either judging by some of the threads here, the stock control system needs to be looked at.

Now the email states "order has still been booked for a next working day delivery...from point of dispatch". Does this mean monday at the earliest? If so then that is unacceptable as I paid for a different service.

Could the admins here have a look at my order and get back to me as soon as possible. I need these items for Saturday if not, then I would like to cancel my order. I'll order from elsewhere with standard delivery ready for me by the following Saturday - the next time I can build my machine.

thanks.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Another Scan order delayed

As with all operations, there are always going to be issues.

Pop down to your local Argos and see how reliable they are with their stock control! The book is so fa that by the time you've identified an item, its usually out of stock and they can't tell you when it'll be back in either - other than they're expecting a delivery on Wednesday and good luck with all that.

There is an art in stock control and whilst you've had assurances that stock is available, it is nigh on impossible to put your name on stuff unless the chap who assured you popped down to the warehouse and stuck Mr Practioners name all over it... I appreciate you're not happy but this can happen when you order lots of items together.

I'm sure Scan are working on streamlining their internal processes to reduce these occurences.

z

Thanks

The difference is with Argos, I only pay when I go to pick up the item - no, argos has never failed me on reserved items and they also take my money only when I get to see the item.

Why was I then told it will be shipped the next day when this cannot be garanteed? Isn't this selling under false premesis? If they cannot process the order within the day for next day delivery (with the items in stock) then this needs to be stated at the point of ordering. Whats the point of having the fancy date selection? I'am annoyed because I paid for next day delivery and assured of it, made arrangements based on this assurance but now that won't be the case.

Do I get my money back for next day delivery at the very least?

I'am also getting the impression that these support forums are full of scan fanboys who cannot see scan doing wrong - even when delaying orders because they got too many to process in one day. And its the customer at fault to expect to recieve goods when stated by a scan salesman?

It just seems so unprofessional and a poor first time shopping experience with scan.

Registered+
    Thanks

I've had some issues with my orders too - guaranteed delivery date,etc. If you think Scan are bad, you obviously haven't tried some of the other retailers!

I'd rather buy from a place that'll sort out any issues rather than those who have no idea of what customer service entails. This forum provides direct contact with Scan and I think that is a big bonus. Pop over to some other retailer forums and you're not even allowed to mention the shop!

If things are that urgent, perhaps the guys in purple shirts should be visited?

z

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

I think the point the OP is making is that he paid for next day delivery.
    He will in fact get next day delivery but not until the items are in stock. So really he has gained nothing by paying the extra.

Registered+
    Thanks

His items are in stock they just couldnt physically get his order out by 8pm to City Link.

I finally gave in and ordered my system yesterday (was waiting on the G0 Q6600)

Everything was in stock, said everything would be dispatched to City Link same day, City Link would deliver Next day.

Excellent that gives me the weekend to build my system up.

8:45ish I get the same email as original OP.

So I wont get delivery until Monday now, when no-one will be at home to sign for delivery.
    So Ill get a card saying come collect it tomorrow.
    Tuesday evening Ill get my brother to give me a lift to City Link 5 miles away on an industrial estate in rush hour traffic. How convenient! (Im a biker and Im not balancing my shiny new kit on the back)
    Get home leave it all in the corner until next weekend when I can find time to put it all together.

Now I could pay for a Saturday delivery if they can guarantee that they will dispatch it today but I begrudge paying even more money for a service that I havent recieved.

They obviously have a problem with their order system which doesnt take into account the volumes of orders in / or backlog etc. Which is not the customers fault.

PS this is my first order from Scan LOL and please dont think Im ranting, Im just disappointed.

Oh and just because a few other companys screw up on a regular basis doesnt mean that its ok for all the others to do it.
    Last edited by drillyourownhol; 17-08-2007 at 09:25 AM.

Thanks

You always get next day delivery as it is next day from dispatch hence the next day delivery service. All orders state it is an estimated delivery date and not gauranteed made clear when ordering. I will be more than happy to look at your invoice just feel free to PM me.

Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks

That's just it, when I called in the afternoon I asked the following:

Q - "Are all items in stock?"

A - "yeah"

Q - "Will I get it for tomorrow?"

A - "yeap".

Was I wrong in believing this? Got a text this morning from scan saying my order is dispatched... but for when? monday?

But like drillyourownhol, no one will be home on monday! I made arrangements for someone to accept the packages on my behalf today. So now I will have to go and collect it from city link - how convienient.

Thanks

As I requested would it be possible to have you invoice number or I can not helpl you, please check the date that it says on the email on the stage to see when it was dispatched. No staff on my dept gurantees next day delivery.

Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks

I cannot seem to find the pm option on these boards, My invoice number is 000*****. I got the text this morning saying:

"Your order xxx has been shipped successfuly at 17/08/2007 10:14..."

I have spokeen to customer services, and got them to contact citylink and make the delivery on saturday - at my expense.

I asked again can you garantee delivery on saturday, and the response was:

"yes, you will get it for saturday."

Fingers crossed, I get my items for saturday. Please, I don't mean to come across as trolling these boards, just that on my first order I was made to feel like a complete mug and completly thrown off all my arrangements.
    Last edited by Mossy; 17-08-2007 at 12:01 PM. Reason: INVOICE NUMBER REMOVED

Registered+
    Thanks

Yes its estimated but normally if there is a delay its the company not the customer that picks up any costs. If a delayed order can be dispatched saturday do so at no cost to the customer.

Just trying to be constructive this experience wont stop me ordering from Scan but I wont be ordering on a Thursday in future LOL

Also I appreciate Scan giving us some where to express ourselves and AFAIK they dont edit or delete posts which is very honest and open :-)

Registered+
    Thanks

PS I paid for saturday delivery as Im not about next weekend to build my system up.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    No staff on my dept gurantees next day delivery.

Regards
    Telephone coversation

Customer
    "So its 9am my goods are in stock, my payment has cleared, will I receive my order tomorrow?"
    Scan
    "er maybe"
    Customer
    "So when will I receive my goods?
    Scan
    "Im not at liberty to say"

LOL only pulling your leg :-)

Thanks

ok, just had a look at city link's tracking system and it's still saying the scheduled delivery is 20/08 - on the monday.

Just phoned customer services and got through to the same person as spoke to in the morning to arrange saturday delivery. He still says it will be fine and reassurred me as he sent citylink a email to change the delivery to saturday. Hope this will be enough?

Thanks
    • Thorsson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance PC1866
      • Storage:
      • 256M4 SSD; 2Tb 7200RPM Barracuda; 2Tb Linkstation
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX970 SC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2515H
      • Internet:
      • Fibre Optic 30Mb

The fact is that most PC retailers have always delivered next day if gear is ordered before a certain time. I've been using Scan from the time they started up, and it's only the last year or so that the deliveries started being delayed. Next day is NOT next day if the picking of the order is delayed.

I realise Scan now has a company line on this, but they should quit the semantics and sort their warehouse. If you order online you see a date, that's what you expect. Same over the phone. They must know that most people will have to make arrangements to receive their gear, so it's totally unprofessional to hide behind the small print. Better to admit that it's going to take 48 hours up front.

Thanks

wah hay!!! got my order today!

So saturday delivery did work! Now I can begin my build, fringers crossed, it all works.

As Thorsson mentioned, with such orders most people have to make arrangements to recieve their goods like I did for yesterday. It leaves a bitter taste when things don't turn up. It's not a simple matter of just letting it come through the post.

Scan does have some competetive prices and a good sense of community with such forums. However, currently I cannot recommed them to anyone who needs their items to be garanteed delivered on a certain day.

regards,

Thread Information