Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scan - Finance and order issue

Thanks

Scan - Finance and order issue

I've just registered on here in order to post this in the hope that I can get someone from Scan to respond as I can get nothing out of them by email.

I cancelled an order worth £1400 with Scan last week. This is the note I attached to my cancellation:

"I placed an order with you on Monday 3rd December and received confirmation of the finance from V12 on Wednesday. I heard absolutely nothing from you, not even confirmation that you had received my order and I telephoned you myself on Friday 7th. I was assured that my order would be despatched that day for Saturday delivery (I had paid extra for this) and that all items were in stock and that you would contact me by telephone if there were any problems. I therefore booked Saturday off work to take delivery and to build 2 computers.

At 8:00 last night you sent an email saying two of the items were out of stock. It appears that nothing at all has been despatched. All the items were shown as in stock at the time I ordered otherwise I would have picked other parts.

You COULD have let me know so that I could select alternatives or obtain those parts elsewhere. You COULD have told me a lot sooner that you were not going to be able to meet the delivery date. You COULD have despatched what you had and at least let me get some of the work done. Instead you did nothing at all.

Despite all the promises on your web site your communication and service has been appalling. You leave me no alternative but to cancel the order in full. I expect you to refund deposits paid AND THE £25 PAID TO V12 immediately. Be thankful I am not also claiming the cost of taking a day off work.

Please confirm by email your receipt and action of this cancellation."

I have had nothing back from Scan and my order still sits in their system, not yet picked and set to be despatched on December 6th !

But it gets worse ...

I asked V12 Finance to confirm that they had cancelled the finance agreement. No, they haven't because Scan will not respond to their calls or emails to confirm that the goods were not despatched.

Today I got my credit card statement ...

Scan charged £140 to my credit card on 5th December and have not refunded it. Is this even legal when they were not despatching anything? I now have to find this or pay interest on it because even if they do now refund it, the refund won't go on this months statement.

To say I'm royally p1ss3d off at Scan is an understatement and in my view Scan = Scam. I will be speaking to Trading Standards on Monday.

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media

Re: Scan - Finance and order issue

I have adjusted the thread title, there is no need to post such a confrontational and accusatory title.

Please wait for Scan to respond to you, this may not be till Monday.

Matt
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks

i have to say phil that ive had some issues with scan in the past, ive placed 4 orders with them and only 1 has gone smoothly, But in scans defence, i can assure you they will bend over backwards to help!

as for the phone calls made im sorry it will depend on the individual on the other end of the phone! And when your forced to call a call centre with a axe to grid 9 times out of 10 you will get nowhere!

But even tho some things have not gone smoothly with my orders, i will continue to use scan because they will try to help! they just need to fully understand the issue.

im sure this will be dealt with.

Thanks

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.

Please PM me your real name and I'll investigate it for you on monday.

Regards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    Please PM me your real name and I'll investigate it for you on monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    Please note: My PM's have been disabled
    Oh isn't this just typical Scan ...

Banned
    Thanks

You need a certain number of posts to access the PM's, i think.

I would be peeved if the money was taken out and you were promised delivery etc. Hope they sort it for you as overall they are the best PC company to deal with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil1961 View Post
    no I have ordered a lot from scan, there have been a few problems.

There has never been a time, when I haven't been given intelligent courteous service.
    you're complaining about a problem that looks as though its been running a day or so & then gone off the deep end...

Compared with a number of retailers, I've dealt with where it's taken months to get help.

I suggest you give David a day or two, and the info he is asking for.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

No, because it's not Scan's choice. Koolpc is right - it's a board-wide setting that HEXUS impose on ALL new accounts, and entirely beyond Scan's control or influence. Whatever else may be going on, you can't pin that one on them, I'm afraid.

I can influence it, though.

Try PM'ing DavidM with those details again. I've turned PMs on for you manually, and I'll leave it that way for a couple of days. I will turn it back off, though, because I don't want individual settings to override board usergroup policies other than on rare occasions and for specific purposes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speardane View Post
    There has never been a time, when I haven't been given intelligent courteous service.
    you're complaining about a problem that looks as though its been running a day or so & then gone off the deep end...
    It's been running two weeks. Broken promises coupled with complete lack of communication when a lot of money is involved ... I don't think I'm "going off the deep end" at all. I just think its a real shame I've had to go public with this to get any attention from Scan but I tried my hardest to sort it out direct with them and they just wouldn't respond.
    Last edited by Phil1961; 16-12-2007 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    Try PM'ing DavidM with those details again. I've turned PMs on for you manually, and I'll leave it that way for a couple of days. I will turn it back off, though, because I don't want individual settings to override board usergroup policies other than on rare occasions and for specific purposes.
    Thanks for your help.

The phrase "My PM's have been disabled (until I get chance to spring clean them!!!) " appeared to be part of DavidM's signature though so I assumed he knew I could not PM him hence my response.

Banned
    Thanks

I am sure he will sort it out for you tomorrow mate. This is the best place to contact Scan as they have great guys on here helping us.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Thanks for your help.

The phrase "My PM's have been disabled (until I get chance to spring clean them!!!) " appeared to be part of DavidM's signature though so I assumed he knew I could not PM him hence my response.
    Ah, I see. That's been there for quite a while, and I assumed he'd done the clean-out and just forgotten to remove that comment. If not, I'd suggest PMing another Scan mod.

All I would say is that generally, Scan are very good at sorting out problems. Sure, things go wrong and nobody's perfect, but there seems to be a willingness that isn't always there .... such as with one e-tailer I've used where I've witnessed many a row on the premises. That particular company is no longer in business, but even of those that are, Scan appear to be better than many.

Thanks
    • Dreaming's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • e6300 @ 2.8ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Western Digital for OS + 1500GB Seagate for Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB
      • PSU:
      • Antec Neo HE 550
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC A05B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Home Premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 22" 226BW
      • Internet:
      • NTL 4Mb/s

just from my experience scan are always top notch but i expect they're a bit busier now it's christmas, they don't have the time to spend on here so much. I've never been anything but satisfied with scan's CS though.
    Dreaming

C2D E6300 @ 2.8 | | Abit IP35 Pro | | 4GB Corsair XMS2 800 | | BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB | | 500GB Western Digital for OS + 1500GB Seagate for Storage | | Antec NeoHE 550 | | Lian Li PC A05B | | Samsung 226BW 22"

Thanks

Yes - I removed a few old posts so you could reply.

(Also updated my sig a bit - didn't get chance to change the messge)
    Last edited by DavidM; 17-12-2007 at 01:33 AM.

Thanks

David,

I received an email from you at the weekend to say that my cancellation has been forwarded to your Finance team but no further communication and no refund, nor have V12 Finance heard anything from you.

And rather worryingly, my order now shows in your system as "picked" with an estimated depatch date of 17th December.

Can you tell me how long you are likely to take to resolve this?

Thank you.

sbj
    Registered+
    Thanks
    • sbj's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
      • CPU:
      • QuadCore Intel Core i5-3570K, 4081 MHz (40 x 102) Overclocked to 4gb
      • Memory:
      • Corsair XMS3 6104 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)
      • Storage:
      • KINGSTON SH103S3120G (120 GB, SATA-III) ST3200827AS (200 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 SC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF Advance
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama Prolite E2481hs-b1 24"
      • Internet:
      • 20mb Down Cable

Hi there, I have to tell you i have used scan finance twice now, each one over £600 and had no problems whatsoever, in fact its a great idea and makes me buy from there than some other retailers that are selling the goods im after slightly cheaper (cant save up unless i have to! ), just paid one off a few days ago and will be taking another out for a gfx card next.
    Sorry for your problems, but any newbies may get put off from it, but there are my satisfied experiences.
    scanfinance>v12>clode retail=

Thread Information