Thread: Scan RMA procedure question and refund process question

Thanks

Question Scan RMA procedure - Return not faulty!!

Hi all,

I am new to posting on the forum but have had the odd piece of lifesaving help from time to time!

Anyway, i have been a scan customer for about 6 years, building many PC's ever since i took the plunge to build my own after being fed up not being bable to buy a good gaming machine pre made.

Scan have always been very helpful with any isses, of which there have been very few, however on this build i have had a few issues.

The Main one was my 23" LCD LG monitor had a big issue, basically showing up red lines all through the display, this has been sourced to the monitor itself and not software\compnent incompatability etc, there is deffo something wrong with it.

So Scan have givem me an RMA to have it returned, checked, and refunded if its goosed.

However as i have never had to do the RMA procedure before i just wondered if someone could clarify something for me.

Do i put the paper i have printed with the RMA number and my name on the outside of the returned box, taped on ertc, or do i just have to put one inside, and Scan will know what to do with it when City link returns it to them (at Scans cost i might add! which was nice of them).

Hopefully it is found to either be a simple fix, or i can get a refund and buy the Dell monitor instead from Scan.

My other question is from a refund i received. My new PC is an I5 setup with what was going to be a 5870 ATI card, but as many of you will know, stock of these items is not good, i asked if scan could send out all my other components and i could build the machine with my old graphics card (nvidia 8800gtx) as a stop gap. They did this and everything arrived next day.

I was able to sourcer a 5850 from Overclockers through a bit of luck as they had 6 in stock, none after 10 mins from my order, they were flying off the shelves!!

Anyway, Scanh said they would refund my credit card the 300 odd pounds for the card.

However its been 3 days and the refunded amount hasn't appeared on my credit card.

Doeas anyone know if it takes a certain period to appear as a transaction\payment, i.e 5 dayts etc.

as its £300 on my ccard that could be used to buy a replacement monitor.

I thank anyone for any advice.

Kind regards

Rick
    Last edited by Rick 1138; 27-11-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Update

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Scan RMA procedure question and refund process question

Please ensure the printer paper is loose inside the box, as per the automated instructions. refund can take upto 5 working days to show on the account.

Thanks

That's great, will sort that out now.

Many thanks for clearing that up. The instructions seemed to intimate that i needed to put one on the outside AND the inside, but also that i shouldnt deface the box with anything.

Thanks

Bloody Typical!!!

I sent the monitor that was showing red lines all down the screen back to scan for their fault returns dept.

They just contacted me to say they have received the monitor, and tested it, and found no fault!!!!!!!!

I was worried this might happen, as it basically looks like it is a software issue, but i don't see how that can be, as i tried it with different drivers, different cables, both power and connection types, i tried it connected to nothing, just powered on and it did it, i tried it on my ps3 and it did it.

So i have asked the scan customer sefice guy to ask the engineer to forward on my original e-mail explaining what process i did, and the picture i took showing the red colour, which the rep said looked odd.

I also asked if he could ask the engineer to run the monitor for 10-15 minutes incase its an issue that only shows itself after it gets warm etc.

The problem is, if this doesn't show up etc, i will be charged £35, cost of return postage, cost of inspection and charge for returning a good that turns out not to be faulty, which is fair enough, but i wouldn't have sent the thing back if it had been okay with other computers etc, i.e. was a software issue, as the monitor wouldn't have the same display output from the pc as with the ps3 etc.

I HATE ELECTRONICS, why couldn't it just have been broken, and stayed that way, thatway it would have been simple, either replace or refund, and i would have bought the bigger Dell from scan.

Now i am worried that Scan will send it back, it will still be broken, i.e. a problem that may be intermittent or only shows up after 30 mins or so when its hot, and Scan will basically say, it must be your software or graphics card, its your problem.

The guys at Scan have been very helpful, but if this thing is broken i will be out £160.

Of course it could be fixed, but electronics fixing themselves is always a bad sign, as there is always the worry it will come back.

Thanks

Re: Monitor Update

Erm..okay.

Scan just got back to me saying the monitor was tested for 30mins, so i expected to have it returned and have to pay the costs.

However speaking to the scan person, he said the sales manager saw my post here and said that my money had been refunded for the monitor!

I was taken aback, i wasn't expecting that.

This has only re-affirmed the customer service that i have received from Scan on many occasions, i have built 4 computers with bits from them, and this is the only time i have had issues, and they handled it quickly and very helpfully.

They didn't have to refund me as their engineer found no fault.

As a result i am off to order the 24" dell flatscreen monitor from Scan on monday, its £40 more than the LG, but one needs to spoil ones self.

to Scan's customer services, and a huge thanks to Lee, Mark and Andy and the gentlemen i spoke to at the end whose name i didn't get, and your service manager, your advice was very helpful and you explained the whole process and what i might be liable for (which turned out not to be necessary) in a friendly manner. So....

They should have one of these with the Scan logo!

6. Received thanks from:

wesleyaldred (27-11-2009)

Thanks

Glad its resolved and nice one Scan, excellent service.

Jon

Thanks

Further to this, i want to say a big thank you to Wesley (Manager) at scan fro helping resolve an issue with the refund\replacement.

This has been a bit of a back and forth issue, and scan have been very understanding and helpfull.

This is a testament to helpfull service and customer oriented service.

Scan did not have to offer what they did in the end, but they honoured the scansure policy and even went one step further.

I look forward to buying more with scan when i upgrade again.

Thanks guys.

9. Received thanks from:

Mossy (01-12-2009),wesleyaldred (02-12-2009)

Thread Information