• Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Re: my thoughts on scan computers

funny old world....innit?

Last time I checked, most people working for scan turned out to be adults.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/adult.html

so...that'll be anyone over 18 is an adult, not a kid or child.

I saw an 19 year old Policeman at the weekend.... funnily enough it never occured to me to rush up to him and call him a kid. I'll remember to do so next time, so thanks for the timley reminder.

Born in 1970 (or there abouts) and fixing computers since 12.... good man

Spectrum keyboard replacements? C64 upgrades? I'm a similar age, and would never have considered doing that, so fair play. My Dad wouldn't let me. Your's trusted you more I guess?

I've had a few failed items from Scan too... and Oc.... and Ebuyer... and Amazin... and Play... and PC World... and Dell.... and Philips..... and Hot point.... and Zanussi... and Richer Sounds... and .... oh you get the idea.

Every time I buy something I gotta decide if I'm buying thorough someone I trust and IF I need to use their returns.... I consider future purchases.

I've not called anyone "a Con" or "a scam" cos it tends not to elicit great assistance.

But anyone who used a company all the time ago when chipping a PS1 was good, was unhappy..... and still uses them... needs to look in the mirror I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Banned
    Thanks

No company is perfect, no RMA procedure faultless.

But Scan is one of the good guys, well at least in my experience they are. Now ebuyer, I could rant like a rabid dog about them.

Registered+
    Thanks

I would be the first to come on here yappin my head off if i felt that Scan had given me bad service.
    I wouldn't call them a con or be ignorant about getting something like this resolved. In the past 18mths ive returned 3 items out of a couple of dozen purchases.
    All were RMA'd professionally and replaced promptly. Staff were friendly and listened to me before advising me of my options.
    I am quite sure with any large company customers can get a bad deal, but i have dealt with bad suppliers who would gladly rip you off. Thus far this has not been my experience with Scan.

Thanks

I think Chris P's post here are a prime example, even with the aggression, nothing but a polite with no aggressive tones noted, and still willing to help.

Thanks
    • BobF64's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Multiple HDD and SSD drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS DUAL-GTX1060-06G
      • PSU:
      • 750W Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP ZR24w

Quote Originally Posted by Zak33 View Post
    I've not called anyone "a Con" or "a scam" cos it tends not to elicit great assistance.
    This seems to be the latest thing, any time something isnt exactly as it should be people start shouting "scam", often without trying to actually resolve the problem in the correct manner.

I think this is a combination of eBay and TV shows, as well as a lack of common sense.

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

I wonder if this guy is getting the same responses over at AV forums lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris808 View Post
    i remember when scan computers use to chip ps1's.. back when they was a little shop in the middle of know where.. even they couldnt get that right...
    So do you guys do 360 flashing as well ?
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
    I wonder if this guy is getting the same responses over at AV forums lol.
    He is just about to get the same response from me ..

Registered+
    Thanks
    • R4IDER's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Rampage 2 Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 920 oC 3.8GHz
      • Memory:
      • 6GB DDR3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • VelociRaptor 15k RPM 160GB & Samsung F1 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 5870
      • PSU:
      • Antec CP-850
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" Widescreen

I have spotted where I went wrong with my calculation the shipping charge I saw near the checkout and what I can see in the invoice which got mailed to me is the shipping cost without the VAT added. To be honest I am not happy about this I know it’s only £1 but I don’t remember seeing at the checkout the price of the delivery + VAT only without. The price list I see at the checkout should include the VAT and the invoice which gets mailed to me should do as well.

On the Subject of this topic I can see why the guy who first posted is annoyed but the best thing he can do is argue with his wallet for example the reason I am currently shopping with scan is because I’ve given up on ebuyer reasons being they don’t have the same communication as it seems scan do through these forums, I can’t remember one time ever seeing a post in the ebuyer forums replying to an customer. It seems to be customers helping customers only over there.

The other reason is I have spent well over £2000 in the last year and half I was using them but recently I ordered a new mouse which got delivered to the wrong address I contacted them about it and I was pretty much told that I was lying and that I had received the product. What had happened is another guy had signed for it, I was shocked at how long it took to get this sorted which it did eventually but I expected better treatment since I’d spent so much money in my terms.

The last reason is they seem to be extremely slow at dispatching items for example on a number of orders I placed the payment would be processed but the item wouldn’t be dispatched till 3 days later the whole process of placing a an order and receiving it would take 5 days which is way too long in my opinion. Yeah I did choose the free delivery option but after spending >£50 I don’t expect to have to wait a week for something.

I really don’t like the idea of having to take part in a forum just to get free delivery I really hate forums and I think that free delivery should go to those that spend over £X amount.

Sorry if my post is a little long I just felt like a bit of a rant after spending £8 on delivery for an item which is not going to be in stock in-till when DirectX 12 comes out.

Thanks

R4IDER

If you can post your Invoice Number as requested I will look into this for you and respond to the other points you have raised.

Please post your invoice number..

Best Regards

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris808 View Post
    <---snip

be Warned Scan Computers are a Con..!!! i know what im talking about--->

<---snip Stay Away From SCAN COMPUTERS.. dont be fooled by the fancy web site and shop.. and there scansure service, its all a big Con..
    hope you like this ""(management).. your staff are rubbish...wont be seeing you again.snip--->
    I'm not sure ypou really do know what you are talking about, but if I was of a more supicious mind, I might think that you had a hidden agenda with this post.

Scan are a business, to make money, and the best way to do that is by repeat business - it costs much less to retain a customer than it does to find a new one. And the best way to retain customers is by good customer service, before, during and after the sale.

Even though they are a large and successful company, they will occasionally make mistakes, but from personal experience as a customer for about 10 years, I can count those occasions on the fingers of one hand, and when they do get it wrong, I have found their staff to be efficient and helpful in putting it right. (my most recent was the return of an item that failed after eleven months - the turn round from my posting it back to receiving a replacement was about seven working days.)

However I accept that others may have a different experience, but not many e tailers have an area in an independant web site (Scan and Hexus are independant entities) where criticism can be voiced - and acted on.

But if your treatment of Scan's service team in person or on the phone was in the same manner as your post, I'm not overly surprided that, even with the best will in the world by CS, you didn't get the service you expected - but perhaps you received the service that you deserved?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Registered+
    Thanks
    • R4IDER's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Rampage 2 Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 920 oC 3.8GHz
      • Memory:
      • 6GB DDR3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 5870
      • PSU:
      • Antec CP-850
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" Widescreen

I have already solved it I didn't realise I could click the invoice number in my account for more details, Yeah I am new to scan.

*edited*

This is where I got confused.
    Last edited by Chris P; 30-11-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: added email invoice.

Thanks

I have spotted where I went wrong with my calculation the shipping charge I saw near the checkout and what I can see in the invoice which got mailed to me is the shipping cost without the VAT added. To be honest I am not happy about this I know it’s only £1 but I don’t remember seeing at the checkout the price of the delivery + VAT only without. The price list I see at the checkout should include the VAT and the invoice which gets mailed to me should do as well.
    VAT is chargeable against a service such as carriage, at the checkout stage the Net Total is shown for the product, the carriage for the product, the chargeable VAT amount and then the Total value of the order shown, which includes VAT and carriage. This total I can confirm matches the figure listed on-line and the figure sent as confirmation in e-mail. I can understand if you calculated this incorrectly but to re-iterate the value listed as the Total was the same amount charged to your card.

On the Subject of this topic I can see why the guy who first posted is annoyed but the best thing he can do is argue with his wallet for example the reason I am currently shopping with scan is because I’ve given up on ebuyer reasons being they don’t have the same communication as it seems scan do through these forums, I can’t remember one time ever seeing a post in the ebuyer forums replying to an customer. It seems to be customers helping customers only over there.
    We understand the importance of good communication, and the the forum is a good medium of contacting us but we also have telephone support as well as the Support section on-line.

The other reason is I have spent well over £2000 in the last year and half I was using them but recently I ordered a new mouse which got delivered to the wrong address I contacted them about it and I was pretty much told that I was lying and that I had received the product. What had happened is another guy had signed for it, I was shocked at how long it took to get this sorted which it did eventually but I expected better treatment since I’d spent so much money in my terms.
    To confirm this was not related to an order place with SCAN.?

The last reason is they seem to be extremely slow at dispatching items for example on a number of orders I placed the payment would be processed but the item wouldn’t be dispatched till 3 days later the whole process of placing a an order and receiving it would take 5 days which is way too long in my opinion.

I really don’t like the idea of having to take part in a forum just to get free delivery I really hate forums and I think that free delivery should go to those that spend over £X amount.
    There are different way's of applying a free carriage option, we have chosen to give something back to the customer's who participate and add to the buzz of purchasing and chatting about the best, latest components and we felt HEXUS to be the best place to do this and reward people for their participation with free carriage. We only ask for a minimal amount of input to receive free carriage, we feel it's not a lot to ask.

Sorry if my post is a little long I just felt like a bit of a rant after spending £8 on delivery for an item which is not going to be in stock in-till when DirectX 12 comes out.
    We understand your frustration, which I can assure you we share, there are supply chain issues with stock at the moment, out of our control. You have decided to place a back order, which you can of course decide to cancel if you wish, however we should be the / one of the first Retailer's to get stock once available.

Best Regards

Registered+
    Thanks
    • R4IDER's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Rampage 2 Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 920 oC 3.8GHz
      • Memory:
      • 6GB DDR3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 5870
      • PSU:
      • Antec CP-850
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 24" Widescreen

Yes, This isn't about a order on scan but orders on Ebuyer.

The last reason is they seem to be extremely slow at dispatching items for example on a number of orders I placed the payment would be processed but the item wouldn’t be dispatched till 3 days later the whole process of placing a an order and receiving it would take 5 days which is way too long in my opinion.

Again, This isn't about a order on scan but orders on Ebuyer.

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks

‘if life was a straight line, life would be boring’

From an old timer…
    Last edited by yorkiedave; 26-01-2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: timed out

16. Received thanks from:

topgun23 (01-12-2009),Zak33 (30-11-2009)

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

I thought you were a spammer yorkiedave, but based on your other posts it would appear that you aren't.

That post was utterly bizarre.

Thread Information