• Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 + 2408 monitors
      • Internet:
      • Zen 8mb

Re: my thoughts on scan computers

Quote Originally Posted by nylonicyorks View Post
    Just my opinion, but the point being there would be the particular part you chose not to include,

I just cant help but think issues shouldnt get as far as forums with all the existing options of customer care, customer services on offer.
    OK, so you edited out the section I quoted.

It also isn't a just a case of " issues shouldnt get as far as forums", sometimes it is the easiest way to communicate with the Scan guys. Especially for existing forum members. for example it is by far the easiest way for me to ask pre-sales questions or raise issues as I am here anyway. No-one is forcing you to use the forums, they are just another way to communicate with the Scan chaps.

As for your "postage" example, if you are comparing to other sites are you also taking Next Day Courier delivery into account? This is the standard Scan delivery option. I'm sure some people would really like a standard free delivery option that took longer, but it is obviously Scans decision not to have this. There are very good business reasons for delivery structured the way it is.

If the cost of an item, plus the £8.21 Next Day delivery is too much for you, then order it else where.

Thanks
    • ehhhhhhh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z170-HD3P-CF
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 6800K@4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair DDR4 2400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960Pro 512GB nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 800D /w 240RAD
      • Operating System:
      • WIN10 PRO 64Bit / Debian
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3x DELL 2413

There's no such thing as a perfect company, but highlighting and bashing the positive aspects of scan is quite surprising to me...

Free delivery - awesome, considering the very good prices on scan.

CS on this forum - again, easy, free, and convenient way to handle problems and queries

Also, here on hexus there's a chance to be part of a forum(community) which is the best among the other forums imho...most of the times everyone is helpful and not aggressive or ignorant as on other places..

Thanks
    • Stanman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6TSE
      • CPU:
      • Intel I920
      • Memory:
      • 6GB OCZ 1600MHZ
      • Storage:
      • 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon 4850
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 580 modular
      • Case:
      • CM690
      • Operating System:
      • Window 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2409W

I use them for all my purchases and have never had any problems with RMA, in fact I recommend scan for their price and CS.

Really is no pleasing some people

Thanks

I've currently got an RMA on the go with ebuyer (over a week now since the prodact was confirmed by them as returned), wish I had waited till SCAN had stock....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nylonicyorks View Post
    I just priced two vga coolers on the scan site, two of the same models, the postage was £8.21. Now, please dont start explaining 'how' I can get cheaper postage. I am familar with that, its like an 'echo' in this forum.
    I am simply saying that £8.21 isn't at all reasonable, which basically takes this back to my orginal thread, regarding p&p.
    Go to the post office, buy some bubble wrap, a protective waterproof bag and next day courier delivery. Then add labour (say £20/hour for your time) ... if you get near £8 i'll be impressed.

Posting stuff on ebay is cheap cos people do it as a one off, and don't price their time. Scan have to buy new bubblewrap, new courier bag and pay someone to pick the item, wrap it, hand it over to the courier company and then pay them to carry and deliver it. £8 is not unreasonable - heck, my place charges £122/hour for a spotty graduate barely able to wipe their own arse.

Thanks

Holy thread ressurrections aside, maybe we can turn this thread into the longest alive...

Everyone has problems with retailers and there will always be hiccups in dealing with those cases. It's human nature (or is it being British?) that we rarely congratulate when everything goes smoothly, but complain in the odd occassion when things go wrong.

Yes, I've had problems with deliveries, returns, shipments with Scan (just as I've had with most etailers I've ever used), but they've always been sorted amiably to a conclusion. But there must be something about Scan that makes them my personal favourite when it comes to purchasing electronics, to the point I rarely bother checking other sites anymore unless Scan doesn't have what I need.

To folks reading this thread through a Google search adventure, just check out the Hexus trust ratings, and you'll see how the vast majority of users rate Scan very highly. We ain't Scan-fanbois here, check out the plethora of other etailers that are used.

Registered+
    Thanks

I've only used Scan once so far and I was really impressed with the service I received ordered at 4pm and it was sent at 5.30pm and arrived the next day. A day ahead of the original delivery date.

Keep up the good work

Thread Information