Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scan is useless in my experience

Thanks
    Aye I recieved them before 9am this morning which amazed me with city link. Appear to work OK, but looks like I have to mod meh case as the 7950 is just too big for my coolermaster wave master, Looks like I am gonna have to take a hacksaw to it

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hang on it's not the stacker 830 by any chance is it ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FordPrefect
    Aye I received them before 9am this morning which amazed me with city link. Appear to work OK, but looks like I have to mod meh case as the 7950 is just too big for my cooler master wave master, Looks like I am gonna have to take a hacksaw to it
    Your warranty has gone as soon as that hacksaw starts digging in the stacker.

Join the club , one thing we both have in common is the 7950 and its because of my 7950 I changed my last system and now lost my warranty on my CPU which I haven't even used yet , also the 7950 XXX has also been sitting in his box for 8 weeks now

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nope
    Your warranty has gone as soon as that hacksaw starts digging in the stacker.

Join the club , one thing we both have in common is the 7950 and its because of my 7950 I changed my last system and now lost my warranty on my CPU which I haven't even used yet , also the 7950 XXX has also been sitting in his box for 8 weeks now

How come you lost the waranty on your CPU?

Thanks
    he took sandpaper to it, and lapped the cpu-attached heat sink

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B
    he took sandpaper to it, and lapped the cpu-attached heat sink
    LOL , man you should have seen my wife when she found out

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=84667

Follow link

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyaldred
    Hang on it's not the stacker 830 by any chance is it ?

Nah its the wavemaster http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...roductID=94532

It would just about fit in the 3.5" drive bay behind cept for the damn power connectors. Not as roomy a case as I was lead to believe. My old chieftech is definetly roomier.

Thanks
    • amjedm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N-Sli Premium
      • CPU:
      • Athlon X2 4200 S939 + Scythe Ninja rev A
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair DDR PC3200
      • Storage:
      • Samsung T 160GB Sata in Scythe Quiet Box
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 6600 256MB + Cooling Mod
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Noisetaker 485 (fanless) - lower chamber P180 fan doing the PSU cooling
      • Case:
      • P180 (modded - easier cable routing, front and rear grills cut)
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" WTQ?
      • Internet:
      • O2 8MB (Standard)
    Quote Originally Posted by nope
    LOL , man you should have seen my wife when she found out

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=84667

Follow link
    Did your wife want it as a mirror for her handbag?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by specofdust
    Did you even read the front page of their site? They've got an absolute tonne of sales going through right now, they've apoligiesed, and have said they're trying their best. I got a prompt reply to my query that I logged with them.

As for you saying that this is the worst service you've ever had from a retailer, I'd suggest you've been extraordinarily lucky in the past, if the worst you've ever had is a delay and a customer support person who can't give you an exact date for arrival.

Try being ripped off a few times by shops that don't actually give a toss about you, and you'll soon realise just how good Scan are. Yes there are delays sometimes, that happens to every shop, but the bottom line is scan actually care about the customers, and they've shown that to someone like me who's been shopping with them for about 2 years now.

im sorry but i 100 percently agree with specofdust. scan are the best and i have used them time and time again. the fact that your product wasnt in stock as said isnt scans fault. they have been stupidly busy recently and they have stated this. order from overclockers and you may have a heart attack

{ Sugo SG-01e }{ E4300 @ 2.8ghz }{ Cellshock 2x1gb pc2 8000 }{ X1950XTX sapphire }{ Gigabyte DS2R }
    { HD501LJ samsung 500gb }{ 250GB seagate barracuda }{ Creative X-fi }{ 500W silverstone PSU }{ Sharkoon air cooling }

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amjedm
    Did your wife want it as a mirror for her handbag?
    Dude you are a psychic , The handbag is like everything for her in her life.

If i want to cheer her up i have to get a handbag , actually she normally goes and change the handbag I buy her as a present , fussy one she is, she likes handbags but only if she can pick it herself.

Thanks
    • sawyen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Laptop motherboard
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 740QM
      • Memory:
      • 8192MB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256GB SSD, 1TB WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD Mobility HD 5870
      • PSU:
      • MSI stuff
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 64bit
      • Internet:
      • Virgin ADSL rubbish
    Yes, I have had delays too (namely my 4600+ during the AMD price cut fiesco).. But certainly the delay was for good reason. But since my trust with Scan was already very strong and from the countless forum support from Lee and David, they did not let me down eventually. Also, the delay was ALOT longer than yours.. so you're not all that late.

If you're wondering, yes, they did charge my bill too on product preorders. Certainly that is what most retailers do to even out on commercial risks. Tell me otherwise. AFAIR, Overclockers charge you as well.. But in contrast, you're poo to them the moment the money goes thru.

You do not need to call Scan IMO. Unless something went seriously wrong. You can always post something in this forum and Lee, David or someone else in the Scan moderators will definitely help you out. Although the ppl at the call center are fairly friendly, they can be a little bush in details or information (and can end up giving sligthly over-optimistic estimations). But this does not change the quality in Scan's touch to their customers IMO.

I have worked countless times with the managed accounts officer for my university before and he's always been ace in solving problems, even when my department office fellas are an **** to hagger with (they took 1 week to fax my order out, and was late in pulling money out, eventually making the department looking like a fool). Say, there should be another large order coming in as we've got another 8 kids *scapegoats* for new PhD projects this year in my research group.

Again, they've apologized and I feel that is a bold step for retailers. How often do you see other retailers apologizing?

EDIT: Might as well, I would like to thank the managed accounts officer for Sheffield University for his immense patience with our department accounts. We certainly try to get the department fellas to be a little punctual next time round we promise . True enough, the ordering lady was sent off by countless complaints from Professors. We have a new girl now.. so hopefully everything will fall into place for our next order.
    Last edited by sawyen; 03-09-2006 at 10:57 AM.
    Me want Ultrabook

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    A "thankyou Scan" at this point would be a very nice touch. I don't forsee you having had such support from any other e-tailier, (and I've tried a few). Once a situation like this is resolved so well, and someone takes your problem onboard and sorts it, as they Scan guy's did, I'd have thought a "thankyou" was in order

Well done Scan..good work. Hope he's more grateful than he is making out.

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thread Information