Thread: Foward POP3Sorry if this is a really simple question but....

Thanks

Foward POP3Sorry if this is a really simple question but....

Sorry if this is a really simple question but....

Just recived my new XDA IIs PDA/Phone and was wondering if it's possible to foward my POP3 from MS Office Outlook 2003 so that I get two emails as it were. I dont want it so that if I recive the email on the PDA that it wont have gone to the PC one ( infact the pc one is set to check every 60sec, so its more of a case that I get a recvied email on my PDA ).

Also is there a easy way to foward POP3 to a yahoo.co.uk, for backup not for using yahoo.co.uk as the POP3.

Many thanks

Thanks
    I've got a SVP c500, I don't get mail sent to it but I can sycronise my mail between the device and outlook installed on my PC. I thought the XDA ran pocket pc / or winCE so this should be possible right?

With regards to pop3 forwarding, the simplest solution would be to create a rule that forwards all incomming mail to a yahoo address.
    Last edited by kirkabus; 12-05-2005 at 09:04 AM.

Ant
    Thanks
    What you could do, is set outlook and the pda to leave a copy of your email on their server for a couple of days. That way when you check for mail, you will get a copy arrive to both the pda and pc.

I have set my laptop and pc up this way. I have set up Outlook to delete any old emails on the server after 5 days, so they don't sit there forever. I can check my mail anywhere on my laptop, or at home, all my email will be recieved by my pc, and by my laptop. Thats the I like to do it anyways.

I think the option is under Account settings in outlook. Not sure about the pda though.

Is that roughly what you had in mind?

Ant

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antsss
    What you could do, is set outlook and the pda to leave a copy of your email on their server for a couple of days. That way when you check for mail, you will get a copy arrive to both the pda and pc.
    Unfortunatly, while this is a good idea, some email servers won't let you do this. What happens is that although a copy is left on the server, it's flagged as 'read' and does not get downloaded again with an email client.

I used Yahoo for years and years, but now used Gmail. Yahoo won't allow you to forward and have POP access. It also won't allow fowarding to another Yahoo address. However, gmail will allow POP access and forwarding to any address.

Here is what I do - Forward all the Yahoo mail I still get to my Gmail account. set up Thunderbird on my PC to download from Gmail. The set gmail up to forward a copy of all my email to my O2 account, which I then access with my mobile. Job done.

Thread Information