Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lotus notes help

Thanks

lotus notes help

hello i have created a form and now what i want to do is to add two buttons.

the 1st button i want it to save the curent information entered in the form and close that window and have some kind of output message saying "your data was entered and saved succesfuly"

the 2nd button i want it to automaticly open the "add attachment" when the courser is in a RTF.. thx

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    Lotus Notes comes with a very detailed help file which will provide example code to do exactly what you're after. There are a large number of @functions in Notes which you can browse in alphabetical order. It's a while since I've coded in Notes but both of those operations should be possible using simple @functions, you shouldn't have to resort to script

I've said this before and I'll say it again, make some effort to work out how to do something and ask specific questions and you'll learn more whilst getting better responses.

Thanks
    i have made effort in trying to figure out how do write scripts. i tried google to find some tutorials and couldnt find any so thats why i asked here has a last resort. believe me i tried looking around for a good hour or so...

i have looked on the lotus help file and i cant find a command that opens "attach" from the file menu....thx anyway
    Last edited by jonneymendoza; 23-11-2005 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks
    I see a theme here......
    It is Inevitable.....

Thanks
    hello ikonia, u miss me? lol!!! no surprise that u post here

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Jonney is this part of your Uni course? if so and you are doing it for an assignment, then is it not an option to go and speak to a lecturer?.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    i dont see my lecturer till next week has he is unavailable for this whole week so no thats not an option for me at this moment of time....

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Doesn't he have research students/tutors of who take some classes based of the lectures?. Can't you speak to your own tutor if he's unavailable and you are stuck.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    or a peer group perhaps, or are they fed up with your spoon feeding questions too ?

in seriousness though, I found at least 4 lotus notes tutorials on the web, one of them had a $19 subscription fee I admit.

at least one of them contained the useage of the @function that Iain suggested.

I found them in about 2 minutes, and the 1 tutorial I did scan through took about 5 minutes to find the @function.
    It is Inevitable.....

Thanks
    cool and do u have a link to this site? yea i have found ones with a subscription fee but thats not what i am looking for... it would be nice to provide links mate dont u think? anyone can say "yea i found loads of links" but in theory where are they?

Thanks
    anyone can say yeah I've found them, and one can actually find them

I only found one with a subscription fee, there where at least 3 more that where free.

I don't know how indepth there where as I only scanned one for the @function usage, they may all have been rubbish, however the one I did scan had what seemed to be a good 2 pages on usage and example usage of the @ functions

Careful with your searches though as there seems to be a lot of docs that reference the PHP lotus functions, and I don't know if these are the sames as the native lotus notes style turorial your looking for.

Normally I would provide a link, however I feel that your lazy, and with a little effort with a search engine you will find them, they are there.
    Last edited by ikonia; 24-11-2005 at 02:28 PM.
    It is Inevitable.....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ikonia

Normally I would provide a link, however I feel that your lazy, and with a little effort with a search engine you will find them, they are there.

Quote Originally Posted by jonneymendoza
    ii tried google to find some tutorials and couldnt find any so thats why i asked here has a last resort. believe me i tried looking around for a good hour or so...
    read the above.. i tried google mate, clicked on all the web pages displayed in the first page of results and some from the 2nd page. your vary helpful ikonia thanks!!

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    Ikonia, you're just inciting him now, please desist unless you're actually going to help him out. Take the moral high ground

You should use the help file though jonny, there may not be a command that opens an attachment from the file menu but the file menu in Notes simply calls the same intrinsic function that the @OpenAttachment (or whatever it is called) command does. therefore pressing a button with that function behind it will call the same process.

I'm not being patronising but Lotus was bought by IBM so if you try www.lotus.com which redirects to IBM and then go to support and search you end up with a number of links concerning attachments e.g. http://www-950.ibm.com/search/Suppor...&submit=submit. It's not beyond anyone's ability to think of searching the vendor's support forums for an issue such as this
    Last edited by Iain; 25-11-2005 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks
    well ok i have been looking at this help file for hours. trying to achieve smthing else now. somthing much more complex.

bascily i want to view all documents related to a main document.. i tried conditions in views but their is no condition that selects all documents that respond to the main document.... hope any of you guys can help..

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    If they are responses to the main document then there are numerous functions to display all children to a parent. The responses functionality is the best way to relate documents in Lotus Notes unless it's changed since I last used it. If I remember correctly uou just define the view properties to show all responses, it's not complex, it's one checkbox
    Last edited by Iain; 01-12-2005 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks
    yea i checked the view properties and what that checkbox does is show all responses related to all of the main documents. i want to just display the response documents associated with the current main document displayed..

for example job is the main document and applicants are the responses towards the jobs. a the moment my view displays all jobs with all the respnses.i want to select and display te jobs details and from that view its response documents only without viewing other job responses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information