SCAN has made an excellent offer to Corsair to assist X series SSD owners in the event that they are having issues with flashing the updated firmware. See below and thank you to our friends at SCAN!
Quote Originally Posted by IanAtScan View Post
We have agreed with Corsair that if anybody is having issues with updating the firmware on an X series purchased from Scan Computers in the UK can contact our returns department using the following link

We can give you an RMA number to have the drive returned to us and we will try and update the firmware for you here, this should provide a quicker turn around than returning to Corsair directly. As we are only using the tools that you would be using we cannot guarantee success but with a fair number of hardware configurations available I am confident of being able to do it. If we are unable to update the firmware all we can do is return the drive to you free of charge to initiate an RMA with Corsair directly.

As with Corsair we will be returning the drive securely erased so please back-up any data before returning it. As I am doing this personally I will try and get them done ASAP and aim to have them returned within a week.