• Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

Re: Weight loss exercises?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
    Well, I only have anecdotal evidence but I find I eat more on days I drink diet coke, and also loose less weight overall those weeks. I believe that the artificial sweeteners in it have an effect on your metabolism
    Could be true. Personally I find it quite helpful, because diet coke etc is a bit of a treat, so if I'm not snacking on food, it's nice to have some drinks to hand instead.

Thanks
    • Ciber's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Prime X470 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Team Group
      • Storage:
      • ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB + 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX960 Strix
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Prime Ultra Snow Silent 650W
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Pro
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG329Q
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    I usually have a banana after a gym session, and again, that's usually enough to keep me till the next meal. Could I get away with a carrot instead?
    Protein after a workout! As in whey protein with water.
    My blog

I used to play BF3, Battlefield BC2, BF4 and TF2

Do something amazing.... Give blood

Thanks

Of course, that too (incidentally, protein has the same amount of cal as arbs), except I go with milk. But then, my protein intake is already at 30%, and I am not risking kidney stones by going much higher (and it's expensive*). It comes down to this, even when dieting, you need a bare minimum amount of calories or your body will decide it's time to save. *You need protein for muscle building but if you are operating at an deficit, then most of it is just going to be used as fuel (converted and used as carbs). That's expensive fuel. Banana, in addition to provide the fuel, is also a good decent source of potassium. Most exercise related sites, be it running or bodybuilding will have article suggesting that it is a decent post exercise snack.
    Last edited by TooNice; 22-05-2011 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value

Quote Originally Posted by Ciber View Post
    There does seem to be some evidence that 'diet' drinks can make you gain weight!
    I believe aspartame and other artificial sweeteners can cause an insulin response. Something which is often overlooked when people are trying to gain or lose weight.

Thanks
    • Ciber's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Prime X470 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Team Group
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX960 Strix
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Pro
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG329Q
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone Fibre

Of course, that too (incidentally, protein has the same amount of cal as arbs), except I go with milk. But then, my protein intake is already at 30%, and I am not risking kidney stones by going much higher (and it's expensive*). It comes down to this, even when dieting, you need a bare minimum amount of calories or your body will decide it's time to save. *You need protein for muscle building but if you are operating at an deficit, then most of it is just going to be used as fuel (converted and used as carbs). That's expensive fuel. Banana, in addition to provide the fuel, is also a good decent source of potassium. Most exercise related sites, be it running or bodybuilding will have article suggesting that it is a decent post exercise snack.
    The latest things I've read say that protein is what you need after a workout and not sugar. Unless you're an endurance athlete. So no milk (lactose) or fruit (fructose). If you do need carbs after exercise add some dextrose (glucose) as that should mostly go straight to your muscles and not your fat cells. I'm not suggesting boosting your overall protein with powder, just after workouts.

You can buy dextrose powder cheap from most supermarkets. If you use a sweetener in your drinks or cooking I suggest replacing all the sugar in your home with dextrose. Dextrose doesn't contain and won't get broken down into fructose unlike other sugars. Sugar, honey, agave syrup, maple syrup etc all contain or get broken down into fructose.
    My blog

Thanks
    • billythewiz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabertooth P67
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600K Clocked to 4.7GHz with Alpenfohn Matterhorn Performance Cooler
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb (2x4Gb) Corsair Vengeance, DDR3 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 1Tb Spinpoint F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Soprano
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 / Ubuntu
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer V243H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20Gb/s

Could I get away with a carrot instead?
    Carrots have about 1/3 the sugar of bananas and interestingly they still have more sugar than baked beans. In fact carrots have almost twice the sugar of low sugar/salt baked beans.

Personally I'm not going to worry about beans vs carrots vs bananas. They're all extremely healthy and low calorie compared to some of the things we can eat.

I downloaded a diet/fitness app for my iphone on Saturday .... 4 custard creams ... 240 calories !!

It's much easier to say no when the calories are spelt out.

I'm celebrating today though. My BMI just dipped below 25

Thanks
    • Ciber's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Prime X470 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Team Group
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX960 Strix
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Pro
      • Operating System:
      • W10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG329Q
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone Fibre

Going back the the original topic, here are some good exercises. I did them today and it was hard work, like going for a run but without the running and only 9 min. http://youtu.be/ir0jp-MU42o
    My blog

Thanks

Dieting is not only about cutting down carbs and your usual dose of sweets. It's a good thing though because you managed not to eat some of the food you mentioned. However, nothing will happen if you don't exercise. You have to burn those fats. You need to consider changing your lifestyle first. Are you nocturnal or a morning person? Do you have a sedentary lifestyle? I will share to you my technique for weight loss.

I bought a sauna suit and a jumping rope. Since I don't have a treadmill and if it's raining or I don't feel like going out to jog, I put on my sauna suit and start using my jumping rope. It will make you sweat like a pig.lol Don't forget to drink plenty of water. And then I see to it that I jog every week. Now that I stretch my muscles a little bit, then that's the time I will go to the gym and work out. At home, I do pilates for my abs workout. And in my free time, I join belly dancing. So far so good! not only I lost weight, I also feel good and enjoy while doing it.

Thanks

Yes you certainly feel better once you have lost a bit of weight. In the morning I start of with a fast dog walk (gets the heart pumping) maybe about 2.5 miles anytime between 05.00 and 07.00 . Next do about six miles approx on mountain bike around the area mainly on roads and forest trails. Don't weigh myself a lot but acid test is when 'good wife' appears with 3 new pairs of trousers as she say's my other one's are hanging off me. Keys for me are plenty of fruit,veg drink plenty of water and make sure that you sweat whilst taking exercise.

Thanks
    • kurosagi01's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P755-M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i3 530 @ 3.3ghz 1.15v
      • Memory:
      • Crucial Ballastix 4GB DDR3 1333mhz
      • Storage:
      • 910GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • KFA2 EX OC GTX 460 768mb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CX400W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone PS01-0W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64-bit ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flatron W2234S
      • Internet:
      • Virgin media 10MB broadband

I'm sure some of you will or may not agree with me. But from what i have been told by many people including the guys at sixpackshortcuts the key is intensity in every workout you do. Cutting out junk as much junk food as you can and eating more healthy will definitely help. And also many of them say cardio isn't really the key to lose body fat,body fat and weight are 2 separate things(i ain't trying sound all smart or make people look stupid) but this seems be mistake many people make including my uncle who keeps nagging me about his amazing results of weight drop from cardio. But pretty soon he will step to point he won't be seeing any gains,sure loss of weight but no loss of fat.
    But things i been told that will help is definitely doing exercises 3 times a week including weight training workouts,healthy diet will help you lose the body fat.

I want to lose fat not weight,of course you need do exercises that uses lots of muscle group which is why i think some of the best weight training exercises be like squats and dead-lifting,i have just started dead-lifting and damn it kills after 4 sets my legs,back,arms and abs is in pain.

So far i have changed my routine from cardio and isolation exercises to full on free weights exercises which i have seen results as i ache a lot which is results in my opinion.

Thanks

Running and swimming is the best option for lose weight...These two exercise are required more amount of energy and burns almost 500 calories..Try it and avoid eating sugar contains food.

Thanks

Best exercises to lose stomach fat

If you want to lose weight then you have to make sure that your workout targets all the body parts as spot reduction is not only a myth but also has devastating effects such as chronic knee and back pain, and arthritis. Here are few of the exercises for weight loss.

Running

Running is touted the best exercise to lose weight. Whether you are running on a treadmill or outside, make sure that you do it regularly. Many people prefer running in the evening and some love to run early in the morning. Running targets the entire body and strengthens the calf and thigh muscles. When trying to lose weight with running, make sure that you introduce certain resistance stages such as running uphill. Also, do your knees a favour and get a pair of running shoes. A knee injury is the last thing that you want to happen. You stand to burn approximately 100 calories for every mile than you run and believe us when we tell you that running is addictive and you will get hooked!

Bicycling

Bicycling is one the best exercises to lose weight. However, it is not good for pear shaped women as it targets the lower body which is a minus for this particular shape. Bicycling strengthens the calf and thigh muscles and also offers a total body workout. However, beneficial results are noticed only when one increases the amount of time spent on the bicycle and the level of resistance.

Swimming

Enough cannot be said about the benefit of swimming when undertaken to lose weight. Swimming affects and exercises all the parts of the body and the water works as a natural resistance increasing the number of calories burnt.

Elliptical trainer

The elliptical trainer is for those who want to lose weight from their entire body. The resistance offered by the trainers impacts both the upper and lower body. The elliptical trainer also burns more calories than a treadmill within the same timeframe and it is easier on the joints and feet.

Step aerobics

Step aerobics primarily focuses on the lower body including the hips, gluteus muscles and calves. It is considered as one of the most intense exercises for weight loss. It works on the principle of the height of the step and on the speed of exercise.

Jumping rope

Jumping rope can be easily done within the confines of your home if you do not have the time to go to a gym in order to lose weight. Jumping rope is excellent for weight loss as it targets the entire body. It is estimated that 10 minutes of jumping rope burns more calories than running a mile within eight minutes.

The only way exercises will work for you in losing weight is if you do them religiously. There is no point in spending thousands of rupees for a gym membership and then gawking at the television while working out. Focus is of key. Remember that you will have to push yourself. Do not slacken the pace or else all the pervious effort put in, will go to waste.

Thanks

Just be patient on doing your exercise. Do your sit-ups and I heard that skipping rope is the best way to lose fat rather than jogging..

Banned (S)
    Thanks

Hey guys,

Exercises are necessary for the weight loss.
    The perfect exercises for the weight loss are the running, swimming, jogging, and yoga.

Thanks

Been revisiting this thread as it helped me a lot as far as weight reduction is concerned. Got down to about 159lbs over quite a long period by trying to eat more healthily ,bit of cycling and fast walking every day. Lost a bit of momentum though in recent weeks as bad weather plus relaxed eating habits ( and this festive period is not helping either) has caused me to put on about 6 lbs. Still not bad but will have to get back into routine again soon as don't want to lose gains already made. Having said that dog now scratching on my arm as I type this wanting it's daily walk so I must depart.

OilSheikh

Quote Originally Posted by mcmiller View Post
    the advice on nutrition seems ok but the exercises people are advising are at best poor, look at something like this website

http://www.bodyrock.tv/

The girl is hot and the exercises she gives you to do are first rate... if you really want to achieve your goals start following her exercises.
    Wow! What a body! Wish my future wife has a figure like that!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information