Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peugeot 306 Diesel Immobiliser Problem

Thanks

Peugeot 306 Diesel Immobiliser Problem

I`ve Replaced The Engine In My 306 (cam Belt Broke ) With A Second Hand Unit Complete With Pump, Everything Is In But Engine Won`t Start. I`m Guessing It`s Something To Do With The Immobiliser That Works Off The Ignition Key. Any Ideas Of A Way Round This Problem Without Changing The Pump Would Be Much Appreciated ! The Pump On The Old Engine Was A Bosch And The New One Is Lucas. ( Why Did Peugeot Fit So Many Different Systems In The Same Models ? ) Also I Have 2 Wiring Plugs Left Over, One Goes To Coolant Header Tank But This Is Blanked Off In This Car. The Other Comes Off Number 4 Injector And I Don`t Have A Clue Where That Should Go. Cheers, Tel.

?!
    Thanks
    Immobiliser is a common problem, get it disabled. Also would be nice if you didnt use caps on every sentence next time you post. Cheers.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    Did you swap the old ecu over? I assume imobiliser is controlled by that, and as such the new one will be expecting a different code.

Thanks
    I assume you might have fixed your problem by now and would like to know your solution. BUT I've just come across the same problem, swapping a lucas pumped engine for another lucas pumped engine. I'm advised the wiring to the stop solenoid might be different for different times of manufacture. The solenoid might have 1, 2, 3 or 4 wires feeding it [fir immobilser purposes. Don't think that a 4 pin plug means there are 4 connectors inside it either. The solution [I'm told] is to either fit the pump from the old engine [which I am now doing] or remove the old stop solenoid and fit a one wire actuated type [i.e. one which doesnt has no immobiliser circuit. Then hot wire this to a feed which is live with the ignition on. You should be able to take one from the plug which fed your old unit. However there is a problem - to get at the solenoid you either have to dismantle the pump [not recommended] or angle grind/cut off the security shield which guards the solenoid. And that doesn't look an easy job either. Hope this helps.

Thanks
    • jon bda's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Kingston HyperX
      • Storage:
      • 250gb (Boot) 4x 500gb (Storage)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS HD5770 1gb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V1010
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 204BW
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet ADSL

Smile

Best bet would of been to swap the pump when the engine was out and put a cambelt on it at the same time, just done it with a Peugeot Partner van today. And as Terry mentions, to get at the part thats immobilised on the pump you'll nedd to take a grinder to it and cut the top of the steel 'cap' off it.

*EDIT*

Just realised the age of this thread!.

Thanks
    my 306 packed up the other day, had car running turned the car off then when i went to start it the alarm went off and the imobilser kicked in, has anyone else had problems like this and how did you rectify it? havent got a key to turn alarm system off ,anyone know where i can get one?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by javalord View Post
    Immobiliser is a common problem, get it disabled. Also would be nice if you didnt use caps on every sentence next time you post. Cheers.
    You say get the immobilser disabled which I want to do but My local dealer says it can`t be done and it will cost me at least £60 +VAT for them to look at it.....I`m a pensioner and I can`t afford a big pay-out for something I don`t want anyway....HELP`

Thanks

Re: Peugeot 306 Diesel Immobiliser Problem

The immobiliser on my peugeot 306 XRd kicked in a couple of weeks ago. I finally got it going by removing the No. 7 fuse which stopped the headlights flashing and the car started. The immobiliser light kept flashing. I went to start the car this morning and it would not start. I tried removing various fuses and disconnecting the battery. Now the immobiliser light is on constantly and the car still will not start. Any ideas anyone. My car does not lock and we had a beer festival here over the weekend I don't know if someone tried to steal it.

sp3n

disconnect the negative (black) plug from the battery.. turn the key into the 2nd position.. plug the battery back in, start the engine! worked a treat for my 306 xrtd

Thanks

HI I HAD SAME PROBLEM I HAD THE ONE WIRE IMMOBILISER ON MY PUMP SO I PUT AN IGNITION LIVE FEED TO IT AND PRESTO IT STARTED I KNOW THIS IS QUITE AN OLD QUESTION BUT INCASE YOU DIDN'T GET IT SORTED TRY THIS, AND BEFORE THE CAPITAL LETTER DUDE MOANS MY KEYBOARD IS BUSTED IT ONLY USES CAPITOLS SO DON'T READ THIS IF IT ANNOYS YOU LMAO.

Thanks

I have a petrol 306 with a keypad immobiliser. All seems to be working ok except:
    Every time I open or close a door the dipped headlights flash for some 20 seconds.
    There seem to be two relays clicking as well. I can stop one by removing the relay but then the normal dipped headlights don't work. The other relay? I know not where it is.
    What is the headlight flashing all about and how do I fix it please?

Thanks

for anyone who is still having problems heres how to bypass the immobiliser
    firstly locate the stop solenoid on the diesel pump, it should have 2 wires coming off it. cut these wires as far away from the solenoid as possible, and connect these 2 wires to a 12v battery to test if the solenoid is working. If so , the black clip coming from the immobiliser and is secured to the pump will have a certain amount of wires going into it usually 3 or 4, cut the wires on the fuel pump side as far back as you can so you have the clip and as much wire as possible. On the other side of the clip, there will be 2 green wires, and a red wire and also possibly a white wire, locate which wires are a follow on from the red wire and one of the green wires, connect these wires directly to the solenoid, and hey presto you should be able to start your car.
    hope this helps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jon bda View Post
    Best bet would of been to swap the pump when the engine was out and put a cambelt on it at the same time, just done it with a Peugeot Partner van today. And as Terry mentions, to get at the part thats immobilised on the pump you'll nedd to take a grinder to it and cut the top of the steel 'cap' off it.

*EDIT*

Just realised the age of this thread!.
    this also makes it an insurance void

Thanks

Post Re: Peugeot 306 Diesel Immobiliser Problem

hi i dunno how to work this lol i changed my engine in my 306 d turbo which is r reg n i put a p reg one in becausr i blew my other one up and its not startin think the fuel pump is programed can any 1 help please thanks

Thanks
    • Tonka777's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z170-A
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Vengeance 3000
      • Storage:
      • 128gb 830 & 1Tb+1Tb+500Gb Samsung F1's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 670 Signature 2
      • PSU:
      • Antec TruePower 650
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC7-FW
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq E2220HD & Iiyama E1900WS
      • Internet:
      • Sky ADSL2

/Self help thread for pug 306 owners?/

drakey - you could try what it says in post #9.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chizzle95 View Post
    for anyone who is still having problems heres how to bypass the immobiliser
    firstly locate the stop solenoid on the diesel pump, it should have 2 wires coming off it. cut these wires as far away from the solenoid as possible, and connect these 2 wires to a 12v battery to test if the solenoid is working. If so , the black clip coming from the immobiliser and is secured to the pump will have a certain amount of wires going into it usually 3 or 4, cut the wires on the fuel pump side as far back as you can so you have the clip and as much wire as possible. On the other side of the clip, there will be 2 green wires, and a red wire and also possibly a white wire, locate which wires are a follow on from the red wire and one of the green wires, connect these wires directly to the solenoid, and hey presto you should be able to start your car.
    hope this helps

has anybody done this and got any tips? possibly some pictures
    thanks in advance
    Grant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information