• Corsair 750w HX
      • Case:
      • Corsair 700d
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Samsung 226bw

Re: PES 2009 or Fifa 09

Having played both games quite a bit I settled on PES. I had massive issues with getting my gamepad to work with FIFA for a start (as have loads of other people), but when I got it working I found it to be very cumbersome. Graphics are a bit better though. Seems to me that they've tried to make FIFA more 'deep' and in doing so taken most of the fun out of it. It is a good game, just doesn't play as well imo, but you really are better off fiddling with the demos for a while! If you want to get all the proper kits, emblems and names etc just download a decent option file, theres plenty about if you just google!
    "I Don't mind Lobster. It's like you could, you know... Punch... A lobster. I wouldn't eat anything I couldn't punch"

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by funke_munke View Post
    Having played both games quite a bit I settled on PES. I had massive issues with getting my gamepad to work with FIFA for a start (as have loads of other people), but when I got it working I found it to be very cumbersome. Graphics are a bit better though. Seems to me that they've tried to make FIFA more 'deep' and in doing so taken most of the fun out of it. It is a good game, just doesn't play as well imo, but you really are better off fiddling with the demos for a while! If you want to get all the proper kits, emblems and names etc just download a decent option file, theres plenty about if you just google!
    the PC version of FIFA 09 is far too easy, you need to get yourself FIFA 09 on the 360 or PS3 otherwise you're stuck with crappy PES2009 as the best footie game on the PC.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    • funke_munke's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
      • CPU:
      • i7 2600k + Noctua NH-U12F @ stock
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz low profile 1.35v @ stock
      • Storage:
      • 128gb Crucial M4 SSD + 3TB WD Red + Backup drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750w HX
      • Case:
      • Corsair 700d
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Samsung 226bw

Unfortunately I don't own anything other than a PC, but what are the differences? I would have thought they'd be the same anyway? My housemate has it on 360 and I can't tell any changes? I like PES 09, it's always personal preference with these games .
    "I Don't mind Lobster. It's like you could, you know... Punch... A lobster. I wouldn't eat anything I couldn't punch"

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by funke_munke View Post
    Unfortunately I don't own anything other than a PC, but what are the differences? I would have thought they'd be the same anyway? My housemate has it on 360 and I can't tell any changes? I like PES 09, it's always personal preference with these games .
    Massive difference between the PC version of FIFA 09 and the console versions, the PC version is using the old PS2 engine with some extremely superficial graphic and AI improvements. The console versions play entirely different with players having a real sense of physicality and weight, likewise the ball has better physics, essentially FIFA 09 on the PC is a rather easy one dimensional arcade affair whilst on the consoles it's much more realistic and challenging.

PES09 is a tad better than FIFA 09 on the PC, but it's not close to FIFA 09 on the consoles.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Registered+
    Thanks

Always been a fifa fan through and through and this year 09 seems pretty decent might have to give pes a try though.

Actuary & Gamer
    Thanks
    • Champman99's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aus P8P67 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel SB Core i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Samsung F1 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD/ATI Radeon 7970 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster RealPower 1000W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T Graphite (White Edition)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3 x Dell U2412M (Eyefinity)
      • Internet:
      • Sky Broadband Unlimited (No FUP!)

I'm a PC user, and PES2009 wins hands down. I've been a PES player for many years now, but in the interests of fairness I do try out each edition of FIFA to see if EA have got it right. I was very dissapointed with the graphics, gameplay and even the presentation (usually at least one thing EA can do right) for the PC version of FIFA09 so I will certainly be playing PES.

Registered+
    Thanks

Listen i been playing footie games for years all the way back to the iss pro days and even sensible before that and I couldn't agree more that PES is the franchise. Yes the players name thing is annoying and the depth of leagues teams etc has never been as good, but tbh the gameplay was where it was at. It beat FIFA hands down year after year. Fifa was slower clunkier and poor by comparison.

NOT ANY MORE

I never believed I would say this but this year FIFA09 is better. I have both as i was impressed enough to buy FIFA having played it at a mates and after several dozen hours of both I am convinced that FIFA has got the mix just right. My favourite PES was 06 and this is as good. Plus the be a pro feature is great.

Obviously this is just my opinion but is based on too many hundreds of hours of footie games, but if you are thinking of getting one or the other then I believe FIFA has more to offer this time. Plus its only £19.99 at Play right now, which in my book is a bargain.

Registered+
    Thanks

I should clarify that is the 360 version, dont know how they play on PC.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by sabre74 View Post
    I should clarify that is the 360 version, dont know how they play on PC.
    FIFA is rubbish on the pc. not even worth the bandwith downloading the demo

Registered+
    Thanks

Well i like sabre have finally swapped PES for FIFA. After a weekend of playing Fifa with my brother i finally had to admit (and swallow some pride) that this years Fifa is absolute quality. I have been slatted by my mates for the decision to trade PES in for Fifa, but PES just hasnt given us die hard fans enough value for money since the next gen consoles. Really hope Konami sort next years PES out and some much needed depth. Now Fifa has solved there gameplay issues, the future is looking bleak for my beloved PES....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information