Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Next gen consoles vs pc

Thanks
    Blimey i'm tired of seeing this topic of conversation. I can't be bothered to read all this thread, as this subject comes up so often and i really don't understand what all the fuss and confustion is about.

I have a car and a motorbike. Both have different functions and different prices. But they both co exist rather nicely and will continue to do so.

Yes, consoles are much cheaper. A top end PC might cost 10 times as much, but there is 1,000,000 times more things you can do with PC's. That makes them much more expensive, yet actually better value for money IMO. If you can't afford to buy a PC or only want to play games, get a console (or get a console and a cheap PC). Simple. I'm going to buy both as i prefer the PC kept out the livingroom and i like FPS and RTS, which as much better on the PC. But at te end of the day, who really cares? Some people have bikes, some have cars, some have both. But bikes are not going to replace cars any time soon.

Thanks
    • wedge22's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS H87i PLUS
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3
      • Storage:
      • OCZ 240GB SSD and Seagate 3TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PNY GTX 780 OC
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SFX 450G
      • Case:
      • Fractal Node 304
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Yamakasi 27" IPS and 1080p 100" Projector
      • Internet:
      • 50MB
    An excellent point well made there dangerous dom
    Main Rig: i2600k@4.3Ghz/ASUS P8P67 PRO/MSi GTX580/16GB Mushkin/HAF X/Noctua NH-D14

Thanks
    Aye Dom, well made point.

I've got to be honest and admit purely from a personal and non-professional point of view that I'll be getting an Xbox 360 asap, but the PS3 is something I'll decide on when it gets here.

The Xbox 360 simply does loads more than what we take a conventional console to do now. In essence, Microsoft have looked at all those uses people modded their Xboxes for and decided to make most of those functions officially available through a standard Xbox 360.

It's very nearly a true home media system and all the little extras such as streaming of content over your network etc make it an attractive proposition.

smtkr, you're right in what you say about developing on the consoles. The Xbox 360 is informally seen as a developers box, in that Microsoft have designed it with developers in mind, making it as easy as possible to get the most out of it with the smallest amount of effort compared to the PS3. The PS3 is apparently a more capable machine from a gaming point of view, but harder to get all those bells ringing and whistles blowing.

It all comes down to personal choice at the end of the day, though with MS stealing such a lead on the PS3, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of previously faithful Sony owners buying Xbox 360s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information