Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Russian tanks enter South Ossetia

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Russian tanks enter South Ossetia

Quote Originally Posted by gold2008 View Post
    You cheerful because it seems to you that the NATO will protect you. But if Russia will attack for example Estonia and annexs it. If all the countries of NATO will protect Estonia the atomic weapon and the Europe as a result will be used will burn radioactive fire. The NATO will go on such risk because of one Estonia?
    Russia will take such a risk for one Estonia?

Registered+
    Thanks

oh,another war?
    awesome, cannot wait to see russian's muscle.
    come on russian.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Russia will take such a risk for one Estonia?
    Unimportantly what circumstances for an attack, for example for protection of Russian population which live in Estonia will. Interestingly that will make NATO if such will occur. England has offered Poland which Hitler has attacked when that

Banned
    Thanks

Russia may be able to bully smaller non-NATO nations on its own boarders, but they can not, and will not send millitary units into a NATO country. What do you want, conflict with NATO, the US, and the major european powers? At best you enter a war neither side can win.

You can rant all you like, once this ugly episode is over, regardless of who is in control of South Ossetia, Abkhazia or even Georgia, the only real result will be the international reputation of Russia reduced to mud.

You have now taken over from the Americans as the cowboys of the world. You lost the cold war, the USSR is no more. Do you need to keep ranting like you do to make up for this?

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mylaura99 View Post
    oh,another war?
    awesome, cannot wait to see russian's muscle.
    come on russian.
    Go and ask at Georgians about Russian muscles

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS

You cheerful because it seems to you that the NATO will protect you. But if Russia will attack for example Estonia and annexs it. If all the countries of NATO will protect Estonia the atomic weapon and the Europe as a result will be used will burn radioactive fire. The NATO will go on such risk because of one Estonia?
    if you want to talk about going nuclear, any idea how many nukes france has?

and unlike russia, the facilities are manned by paid staff

Thanks
    • neonplanet40's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Supernova G6 850W
      • Case:
      • Lian LI Lancool 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 27" U2715H & Gigabyte M27Q
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    What the hell is that supposed to prove?

You yourself provided pictures of Geogian troops retreating yesterday and they have left South Ossetia and asked for a cease fire. Putin is a fool to keep this going.
    Some people are missing the ball completely here. This is no longer Russia showing Georgia whos the boss. People need to start looking at the bigger picture. Russia is sending a message to NATO and the USA. That message is loud and clear which is that

Russia's foreign policy WILL NOT be influenced by the Western Powers. If any ceasefire or truce is called it will be on RUSSIA'S terms not the USA's. Russia is trying to show it is still a dominant superpower.

I have no doubt in my mind that any kind of armed conflict towards Russia from the western powers over Georgia would cause a War.

As such im equally positive that the Western powers will do nothing more than throw words at Russia. Nothing else. This will end when Russia wants it to end. End of story.

I should say im not being biased towards either side. Just stating the facts.

EDIT : As for this talk of nukes. It doesnt matter how many nukes countries have. Russia has enough to wipe europe of the face of the map. In a nuclear war no one wins. And that is the sad truth of that.
    Home Entertainment =Epson TW9400, Denon AVRX6300H, Panasonic DPUB450EBK 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray and Monitor Audio Silver RX 7.0, Monitor Audio CT265IDC(x4) Dolby Atmos and XTZ 12.17 Sub - (Config 7.1.4)
    My System=Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz, 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme, MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO, Enermax Supernova G6 850W, Lian LI Lancool 3, 2x QHD 27in Monitors. Denon AVR1700H & Wharfedale DX-2 5.1 Sound
    Home Server 2/HTPC - Ryzen 5 3600, Asus Strix B450, 16GB Ram, EVGA GT1030 SC, 2x 2TB Cruscial SSD, Corsair TX550, Plex Server & Nvidia Shield Pro 4K
    Diskstation/HTPC - Synology DS1821+ 16GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 45TB & Synology DS1821+ 8GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 14TB & Synology DS920+ 9TB
    Portable=Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Huawei M5 10" & HP Omen 15 laptop

DDY
    Thanks
    • DDY's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z390M Pro 4
      • CPU:
      • i5 9600k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Adata SX8200 NVME 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 5700
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 550W
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2715H

Go and ask the Georgians about Russian folly.

Thanks

You kick the crap out of a very small, poorly armed country right on your own border, to try and convince the world you are a power to be reckoned with?

Really, no-one is impressed. And by the way, the West's missile defence shield will be installed in Eastern European countries which used to lie within your sphere of influence (before you lost the Cold War), and you are completely impotent to do anything about it.

I guess you could always invade Moldova in retaliation...

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonplanet40 View Post
    EDIT : As for this talk of nukes. It doesnt matter how many nukes countries have. Russia has enough to wipe europe of the face of the map. In a nuclear war no one wins. And that is the sad truth of that.
    Exactly - MAD.

The Russians have enough to turn 'the west' into glass, the USA and its nuclear armed allies (Britain, France, Israel) have enough to turn Russia into glass.

Hex - I think the French have about as many as we do, don't they? The US and Russia have 5000-10.000, Britain, France, Israel have a few hundred each.

Not that anyone knows of course, but those are recent estimates.

Registered+
    Thanks

Russia may be able to bully smaller non-NATO nations on its own boarders, but they can not, and will not send millitary units into a NATO country. What do you want, conflict with NATO, the US, and the major european powers? At best you enter a war neither side can win.

You can rant all you like, once this ugly episode is over, regardless of who is in control of South Ossetia, Abkhazia or even Georgia, the only real result will be the international reputation of Russia reduced to mud.

You have now taken over from the Americans as the cowboys of the world. You lost the cold war, the USSR is no more. Do you need to keep ranting like you do to make up for this?
    Yes the USSR already is not present, but Russia has remained. For example the reputation of China does not prevent to sell to it the goods. The USA weaken, cannot even put things in order in Afghanistan and in Iraq. Cannot influence Iran. And Russia will help Iran atomic the weapon and when war in that region will begin, the prices for resources will go to top.

DDY
    Thanks
    • DDY's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z390M Pro 4
      • CPU:
      • i5 9600k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Adata SX8200 NVME 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 5700
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 550W
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2715H

Thanks
    • neonplanet40's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Supernova G6 850W
      • Case:
      • Lian LI Lancool 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 27" U2715H & Gigabyte M27Q
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe

The uk has only 4 nuclear submarines each containing 4 nuclear missiles. I think its called Trident defence. I may be wrong though. The point is as me and stewert is saying that between the USA and Russia. They have enough to destroy this world.

In fact for a living preview watch the end of "Terminator 3". That will give you an idea of what would happen. Nuclear missiles going everywhere
    Home Entertainment =Epson TW9400, Denon AVRX6300H, Panasonic DPUB450EBK 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray and Monitor Audio Silver RX 7.0, Monitor Audio CT265IDC(x4) Dolby Atmos and XTZ 12.17 Sub - (Config 7.1.4)
    My System=Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz, 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme, MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO, Enermax Supernova G6 850W, Lian LI Lancool 3, 2x QHD 27in Monitors. Denon AVR1700H & Wharfedale DX-2 5.1 Sound
    Home Server 2/HTPC - Ryzen 5 3600, Asus Strix B450, 16GB Ram, EVGA GT1030 SC, 2x 2TB Cruscial SSD, Corsair TX550, Plex Server & Nvidia Shield Pro 4K
    Diskstation/HTPC - Synology DS1821+ 16GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 45TB & Synology DS1821+ 8GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 14TB & Synology DS920+ 9TB
    Portable=Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Huawei M5 10" & HP Omen 15 laptop

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS

Exactly - MAD.

The Russians have enough to turn 'the west' into glass, the USA and its nuclear armed allies (Britain, France, Israel) have enough to turn Russia into glass.

Hex - I think the French have about as many as we do, don't they? The US and Russia have 5000-10.000, Britain, France, Israel have a few hundred each.

Not that anyone knows of course, but those are recent estimates.
    france have about twice what we do. not as many as russia, but you wouldn't believe the state of decay most of their launch stations are in

as for israel, Israel Has No Nukes. the yanks said so!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonplanet40 View Post
    The uk has only 4 nuclear submarines each containing 4 nuclear missiles. I think its called Trident defence. I may be wrong though. The point is as me and stewert is saying that between the USA and Russia. They have enough to destroy this world.

In fact for a living preview watch the end of "Terminator 3". That will give you an idea of what would happen. Nuclear missiles going everywhere
    'Each submarine carries 16 Trident II D-5 missiles, which can each carry up to twelve warheads.'

16x12 = 192 warheads.

That will make a mess of Vollyvostergrad, Leninsuxograd, and Bootlegvodkagrad.

OMG we can play at nuclear cock waving as well!

'It has been estimated by the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists that the United Kingdom has built around 1,200 warheads since the first Hurricane device of 1952. In terms of number of warheads, the UK arsenal was at its maximum size of about 350 in the 1970s, but this figure does not include the large numbers of US-owned warheads, bombs, nuclear depth bombs supplied from US stocks in Europe for use by NATO allies. At its peak, these numbered 327 for the British Army of the Rhine in Germany alone.'

*waves cock*
    Last edited by Stewart; 12-08-2008 at 01:24 AM.

Far Superior To Meths EvilWeevil's Avatar
    Thanks
    • EvilWeevil's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5W-DH Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
      • Memory:
      • 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair XMS-2 PC2-6400
      • Storage:
      • 320GB Caviar, 320GB DiamondMax 10, 400GB Spinpoint, 1TB MyBook External
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus EAX1900XT
      • PSU:
      • OCZ GameXStream 700W
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC-G70B
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP
      • Internet:
      • Homechoice/Tiscali 8 down/1 up

The UK has 4x4 ready to go at any time, with around 200 stockpiled for a rainy day. EDIT: Ah Stewart beat me to it AND got it right...unlike me...ignore this line.

As has been said above if anyone thinks that nuclear war would result in the obliteration of only one side they are sorely mistaken. However, we need not fear such situations, as a jump to nuclear attacks would be comparable to a three-year-old throwing a tantrum deciding to really turn things up a notch and commit a suicide bombing. Absurd, no?

Whilst status as a dominant superpower may be achieved after all, it would seem a rather hollow victory as neither side would still be around to acknowledge it. Despite this, some Russian foreign policy spokesman dropped the N word in a Radio 4 interview yesterday. Russia must think that in the climate of (justified) bad press against them due to London restaurant poisonings, questionable democracy, and the new position of Vladimir "I'm sure we've seen him somewhere before" Putin they can throw their toys out of the pram to scare everyone into respecting them.

My DeviantArt | tomhendriks.co.uk | Need something (reasonable) hosted? PM me!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information