• Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

Re: Fatties.

Quote Originally Posted by SammEl View Post
    Seperates the scum who needs their teeth kicked out and the decent people of the world i.e. IBumMen

The thread subject + the replies pretty much sums up the views of the ignorant people who for the sake of it, make 100,000+ people's lives hell around the world everyday.

IBM - The only reason I am not replying to you is for one reason and one reason only, I respect the guys who admin this site, and they don't need another pointless arguement from me to deal with, you are extremely lucky you are behind an PC + IP address - That goes to the other Anti-Fat brigade of this thread too.
    *facepalm*
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

2. Received thanks from:

Clunk (01-11-2009)

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

I think that everyone here needs to calm down a bit!!

The Moose says some Monty Python should calm down things a bit. Not enough Kate Beckinsale fanciers around here it seems.....! Maybe some Megan Fox pictures would have done the trick!

PS:if folks want to make fun of fat people they should also make fun of:
    1.)Druggies
    2.)Sex Addicts
    3.)Alcoholics
    4.)Smokers
    5.)Extreme Sports Addicts
    6.)Adrenaline Junkies
    7.)Fame Junkies
    8.)Junkie Junkies
    9.)People Who Judge Others By The Way They Look
    10.)Liars
    11.)Sneeks
    12.)Tellers Of Talk Tales
    13.)Yobs
    14.)Old People Who Stand In The Middle Of The Pavement Chatting
    15.)Young People Who Stand In The Middle Of The Pavement Chatting
    16.)Annoying People
    17.)The Whole Of Humanity
    18.)Elk
    19.)Moose
    20.)Ferrets
    21.)Everything That Has Been Created
    22.)Everything That Will Be Created
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 02-11-2009 at 12:00 AM.

4. Received thanks from:

Knoxville (02-11-2009)

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Seperates the scum who needs their teeth kicked out and the decent people of the world i.e. IBumMen

The thread subject + the replies pretty much sums up the views of the ignorant people who for the sake of it, make 100,000+ people's lives hell around the world everyday.

IBM - The only reason I am not replying to you is for one reason and one reason only, I respect the guys who admin this site, and they don't need another pointless arguement from me to deal with, you are extremely lucky you are behind an PC + IP address - That goes to the other Anti-Fat brigade of this thread too.
    Abusive and threatening behavior will not be tolerated. It is an emotive subject, but that is no excuse for threats.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post

The Moose says some Monty Python should calm down things a bit.
    The moose is right...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    The moose is right...
    Indeed, I understand how people can find some of the replys in this thread to be more than a tad insensitive but abusive behaviour isn't any way to make a point and some people are flying very close to the wind with their comments in here so lets calm things down a bit eh?

Thanks
    • Zadock's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z77
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (1600Mhz)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 500GB HD501LJ Spinpoint T, SATA300, 7200 rpm
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX HD6950 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 520W HX Series Modular Powersupply
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 HP
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • BT

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post

The Moose says some Monty Python should calm down things a bit. Not enough Kate Beckinsale fanciers around here it seems.....! Maybe some Megan Fox pictures would have done the trick!
    How about some Moose?

(1) - cheesy music sorry but cute little moose
    (2) - Moose in the garden
    (3) - touch of mooseball perhaps?

System 1: Case: Antec 900 Motherboard: Asus Z77 CPU: Core i5 3570K @3.4GHz RAM:8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz GFX: XFX AMD Radeon 6950 2Gb (Cayman) HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 500GB O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

System 2: Lenovo Ideapad S205: AMD E350 APU (1.6Ghz), 2Gb 1066Mhz DDR3, Radeon HD6310 (integrated), 250Gb HDD, Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium

System 3:Asus Eee 901: 12Gb Ubuntu 10.10 Gnome Desktop edition

9. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (02-11-2009)

Registered+
    Thanks

Lol very amusing Moose stuff!

Colossus

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Zadock View Post
    How about some Moose?

(1) - cheesy music sorry but cute little moose
    (2) - Moose in the garden
    (3) - touch of mooseball perhaps?
    Moose are not known for their awe-inspiring intellect!! You must remember that getting random weeds caught in their antlers is the height of deer fashion!!

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

I myself am not fat, im short and skinny always have been. I have quite a few grossely overweight friends and i dont see them any diferent to any of my other firends... still people still feelings still human. Personality wise there is a few things that bug me and whilst not applicable to all fat people they do seem quite common...
    1. They think its well out of order for anyone to take the piss out of their weight when a lot of the time they are perfectly happy to take the piss of other people for any number of other things... pick on someone elses insecurities and they are likely to do the same in return.
    2. Sitting and whinning about being fat or being made to walk somewhere because you are too fat... not cool tbh if you dont like it then do something about it.

Whilst i think people are perfectly entitled to be happy with themself however they look it does bother me that people get to a certain state, im not talking a bit of a podge or something im talking dangerously obese.

Take the guy who recenty decided he wud become the fattest guy in the world which then meant he needed a £10000 surgery (or something to that end)... I mean what the hell, people compare it to smokers and druggies but the people on drugs are breaking the law outright and are getting the source of their problem from outside the direct control of the goverment... the repercussions of that are on a different path. The smokers tend to pay for whatever surgery they have with the crazy high tax on the cigarettes but the fat people just eat crap food all the time (im deliberately ignoring the people who are fat for 'medical' reasons because it strikes me that if you end up fat because of some form of medication its probably not that fat or if it is, you must have been well n your way before hand) solution to remove care from fat people... no crapping way that's ridiculous but maybe the government needs to either start putting some taxes on unhealthy food or subsidizing healthy food to make it more accessible.

Now to the point of the original post...

If a fat person claims they should have MORE rights than regular sized people then she/he needs to wake the hell up. No way she should have been attacked that was completely out of order but if they want anyone to take a serious crime against them seriously then they have to start taking themself and everyone else seriously and realize they are no different from the rest of us.
    Last edited by Biscuit; 02-11-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: editted out swears

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IBM View Post
    I should point out that I'm not talking about myself, rather my perception of why people would choose to abuse people with a weight problem. Personally I'm of the opinion that fat people have enough problems to deal with without any third parties adding to their woes......social stigma, high blood pressure, furred arteries, increased risk of various cancers, diabetes, stroke, liver disease, sleep apnea.....
    Fair enough, it is one of the point made in the article. One thing I wonder though, for people who mentioned medical condition, is whether can really justify people getting to the size of the woman matty-hodgson posted in post #33.

Where in post #51 does it suggest that he is 'anti-fatty'. Your opinion would've been as valid as any one else, and your insight as someone who's gone to great length to lose weight could've added a lot to this thread, it's utterly overshadowed by your keyboard warrior attitude.
    Last edited by TooNice; 02-11-2009 at 02:41 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks

you are extremely lucky you are behind an PC + IP address - That goes to the other Anti-Fat brigade of this thread too.

Oh lulz. Grip needed here.

Great thread imho, good debate, and there is nothing wrong with some passion on a subject that you feel strongly about, this isn't kindergarten after all.

As for those that are "obese", and in this thread defend it with "its my choice" "I have a mental disposition" "I was just born this way", this is the exact excuses and attitude that the modern politically correct molly cuddling society and its "scared of hurting someones feelings" disease encourages.

And exactly why a person that spends his life understanding discipline and living in moderation (mostly ), is sickened by that attitude.

HTFU.

Your lazy/greedy, fine, say it exactly as it is, you cant be bothered and you love eating, no probs, but excuses that depersonalise it, (unless of course its a medical condition, and greed doesnt count) are pretty lame tbh.

Ps.. yes yes yes, I cant stand smoking either.
    Last edited by KIAEddZ; 02-11-2009 at 03:39 PM.

mmh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    <---snip

no ****ing way that's ridiculous but maybe the government needs to either start putting some taxes on unhealthy food or subsidizing healthy food to make it more accessible.
    are you saying food isnt taxed?

its not like they are buying the same amount as what normal people eat, so theoretically they are paying more tax, by buying more food...

i am a fat guy, and I'm trying to do something about it (granted i havent for a long time, but the time has come to do something about it)... but all this negative energy in this room just seems to stem from other peoples insecurities... thinking its okay to judge someone based on how they look...

i dont even need to point out the relationship and void my own argument... but we need to do something that people in the 40's couldnt get thier heads around... and thats accept people for who they are... offer them guidence and if they dont accept it fair enough... not go on to make thier life a living hell because of the way they look, or the way they are, especially if it doesnt effect you, which lets face it, someone being fat walking down the street effects you as much as a skinny guy farting in the ocean 5000 miles away...

get over yourselves and grow up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU4_-sPC9EU
    Last edited by mmh; 02-11-2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: accept - not except!!
    : RFNX Ste | : stegough | www.stegough.com

sp3n

From 'teen body builder', to 'internet hard man' in a matter of moments..

Definitely the funniest post in this thread

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by mmh View Post
    are you saying food isnt taxed?

its not like they are buying the same amount as what normal people eat, so theoretically they are paying more tax, by buying more food...

i am a fat guy, and I'm trying to do something about it (granted i havent for a long time, but the time has come to do something about it)... but all this negative energy in this room just seems to stem from other peoples insecurities... thinking its okay to judge someone based on how they look...

i dont even need to point out the relationship and void my own argument... but we need to do something that people in the 40's couldnt get thier heads around... and thats accept people for who they are... offer them guidence and if they dont accept it fair enough... not go on to make thier life a living hell because of the way they look, or the way they are, especially if it doesnt effect you, which lets face it, someone being fat walking down the street effects you as much as a skinny guy farting in the ocean 5000 miles away...

get over yourselves and grow up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU4_-sPC9EU
    Im not saying food isnt taxed at all, im saying the same logic used in taxing things like cigarettes and alcohol could be used to tax food which is especially unhealthy... im no polotician or scientist so i dont fully understandthe process which would need to go into something like that but noticing the correlations between being fat and cost on the NHS and how its dealt with in other over endulgence situations, just seems to make sense to me.

I dont hae a negative attitude towards fat people at all, did you actually read what i said? its the fat people who use the fact that they are overweight to expect special treatment from other people. I completely accept people for the decisions they made or make and will always treat them as nothing more or less than equal but the same goes for anyone who expects more than what they deserve... cold shoulder.

mmh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Im not saying food isnt taxed at all, im saying the same logic used in taxing things like cigarettes and alcohol could be used to tax food which is especially unhealthy... im no polotician or scientist so i dont fully understandthe process which would need to go into something like that but noticing the correlations between being fat and cost on the NHS and how its dealt with in other over endulgence situations, just seems to make sense to me.

I dont hae a negative attitude towards fat people at all, did you actually read what i said? its the fat people who use the fact that they are overweight to expect special treatment from other people. I completely accept people for the decisions they made or make and will always treat them as nothing more or less than equal but the same goes for anyone who expects more than what they deserve... cold shoulder.
    The bit after the first 2 lines wasnt directly aimed at you, everything other than the taxing of foods to be fair...

but ur saying that food should be taxed again... do you think people cant get fat off healthy foods? enough of any food will make people over weight... where do you draw the line of whats healthy food and whats unhealthy food?

surely if somones eating more food than somone else they are paying mor tax than the other person.... and if ur eating enough to be a drain on the health system, one could argue that they have paid enough money over a long enough time to pay for that healthcare....

I know no1 who is that drain on the health service because of thier weight, and this is hypothetical, but what ur saying is that really, anything that people deem unhealthy should have a stupid tax on it...

welcome to Demolition man* food territory... pass the salt? oh what, its been outlawed.... shucks!

*sorry knoxeh
    Last edited by mmh; 02-11-2009 at 05:40 PM.
    : RFNX Ste | : stegough | www.stegough.com

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by mmh View Post
    The bit after the first 2 lines wasnt directly aimed at you, everything other than the taxing of foods to be fair...

but ur saying that food should be taxed again... do you think people cant get fat off healthy foods? enough of any food will make people over weight... where do you draw the line of whats healthy food and whats unhealthy food?

surely if somones eating more food than somone else they are paying mor tax than the other person.... and if ur eating enough to be a drain on the health system, one could argue that they have paid enough money over a long enough time to pay for that healthcare....

I know no1 who is that drain on the health service because of thier weight, and this is hypothetical, but what ur saying is that really, anything that people deem unhealthy should have a stupid tax on it...

welcome to Demolition man* food territory... pass the salt? oh what, its been outlawed.... shucks!

*sorry knoxeh
    As i said im not a scientist or a politician so i wouldnt knwo how to draw the lines. You make a good point in that if people overeat it doesnt matter what it is that they overeat it will make them overweight but a lot of the really bad foods have things like monosodium glutamate (or similar) in it which i have been lead to believe is a substance which helps foods become morish/addictive. I just think something along the lines would be as much of an incentive for the companies making the food to stop putting all the crap in there as much as it would be for the people to stop eating it.

Thread Information