• Operating System:
      • Windows 8 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • [Eyefinity] 3 LG 23EA63V
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 50MB

Re: Is it just me or..

Quote Originally Posted by eshrules View Post
    You've clearly never worked within a logistical role.

let's first of all, take into account the fact that one day's loss of operating time can lead (potentially) to weeks of delays.

then you've got the H&S implications of running vehicles/fleets/haulier operations on ungritted, icy and unsafe roads.

to get a parcel from one warehouse, to a customer can involve several journeys, hubs and types of vehicle, not all of which have the ability to handle the poor weather. not forgetting of course, that staffing issues have presented themselves at warehouses nationwide, so half the time there isn't the staff to pick/pack orders, to get them out of the door in the first place.

consequently... how's the snow affected you personally? have you struggled to get into work?

some people understand the situation and appreciate there may be delays. Others do not.

'discuss'
    Would be a bit hard for me to work in logistics considering im 17 years old and only hold a provisional driving license. I understand the fact that they cannot drive on unsafe roads, Im just a bit annoyed at the fact that I was GUARANTEED next day delivery. If they cant guarantee it, they shouldn't give it out in the first place (This is ocUK's fault mostly). and the package has already moved from the OCUK warehouse in stoke-on-trent (I think) to newcastle. which is PAST Darlington :S

The snow hasnt affected me at all really. If I was late for work I would take my motorbike out, but that is a last resort because theres a greater risk of me coming off my bike in this then a lorry sliding around on gritted roads.

Discuss -.-''

Jay
    Thanks

Whats more important? To you its your computer, to the drivers its their lives and to OcUK its your money.

Work out who the bad guys are from the above.
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks
    • mycarsavw's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P8H77-M Pro
      • CPU:
      • i5 3350P
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 285
      • PSU:
      • HX 620w
      • Case:
      • FD Define Mini
      • Operating System:
      • W10
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2420HDBL + GL2450HT
      • Internet:
      • Sky

Start a thread about it on OCUK's forum.

Good luck.
    |Kata: "Read title as 'fisting'. Not sure why I clicked. Relieved, really."|
    |TAKTAK: "It was so small that mine wouldn't fit into it"|

4. Received thanks from:

Mblaster (08-01-2010)

Hexus.Lurker
    Thanks
    • Fortune117's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570k 3.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon 7870 DD Edition
      • PSU:
      • OCZ ZS Series 650 Watt
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster CM690
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 50MB

Quote Originally Posted by mycarsavw View Post
    Start a thread about it on OCUK's forum.

Good luck.
    Why?

Jay
    Thanks

they will hunt you down!
    □ΞVΞ□

Thanks
    • mycarsavw's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P8H77-M Pro
      • CPU:
      • i5 3350P
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 285
      • PSU:
      • HX 620w
      • Case:
      • FD Define Mini
      • Operating System:
      • W10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune117 View Post
    Why?
    You said it was OCUK's fault, have you told them?

If you do start a thread, could you ask them why they didn't let me know I was going to get snowed in yesterday. I lost a day of work thanks to them.

Hexus.Lurker
    Thanks
    • Fortune117's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570k 3.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon 7870 DD Edition
      • PSU:
      • OCZ ZS Series 650 Watt
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster CM690
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 50MB

You said it was OCUK's fault, have you told them?

If you do start a thread, could you ask them why they didn't let me know I was going to get snowed in yesterday. I lost a day of work thanks to them.
    Yes I have told them, Read the rest of the posts before you post yourself. And its ocUK's fault becuase they guaranteed me delivery today. If they cant guarantee it they shouldnt give guarantees out.

9. Received thanks from:

mycarsavw (08-01-2010)

Thanks

If you apply your common sense hat, you should understand that this covers normal working/operating conditions in the UK. Using the above mentioned hat would also lead you to the conclusion that the recent weather conditions are a major problem for us in the UK because we are not set up for them. Sand/grit helps drivers in snow when their vehicles are using generic tyres. but winter tyres are the way to go.

Accept the fact that they've not delivered due to factors beyond their control, ask for a refund on the premium you paid for delivery, and be happy that you weren't stuck for the best part of a day on the A3....

Yes I agree that by the strictest review of the terms they guarenteed next day and they didn't give you want you paid for... but come on.... where are we? The United States of "I'm gonna sue you" America ????

Thanks
    • mycarsavw's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P8H77-M Pro
      • CPU:
      • i5 3350P
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • R9 285
      • PSU:
      • HX 620w
      • Case:
      • FD Define Mini
      • Operating System:
      • W10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Sky

Quote Originally Posted by Fortune117 View Post
    Yes I have told them, Read the rest of the posts before you post yourself. And its ocUK's fault becuase they guaranteed me delivery today. If they cant guarantee it they shouldnt give guarantees out.
    I read the whole thread

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/delivery.php

Whilst we make every effort to ensure that 100% of all orders complying with the above criteria are picked, packed and shipped as per your request we cannot allow for additional external factors that may ultimately impact delivery timings.
    I presume, unless DPD operate forward mounted grit carriers on their vans your terrible issue falls under "external factors"

Thanks

Yep, its that thing called smallprint - and tbh should have also gone with common sense.

If you look at any "GUARANTEED" service, you will always find similar small print - they will do their best to provide the service, but there are always external factors

Thanks

Meh, I thought the 'discuss' referred to discussing the fact that this country do not deal well with snow. Though that part has already been covered - a couple more winters with snow, and perhaps we'll start seeing better preparations. Maybe.

But if it's just having a moan at OcUK, I've heard much better reasons to do so. OcUK probably picked a DPD service that also guaranteed next day delivery. There will always be circumstances outside courier control, and by your take no company should make any 'guarantee for next day service' because something unusual may happen preventing that promise to be fulfilled. And yeah, I'd say that the current weather is 'unusual' for the UK, and most people would agree given I do not see the mass use winter tyre, chains etc.

I can understand why it may be annoying when next day delivery is not fulfilled. Having to wait a home for it, or maybe having intended to start a build over the week-end, yeah it can be frustrating. But I doubt OcUK/PDP is the only one affected.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

"Act's of God" aren't covered by many things including some prestigious insurance companies which cost a more to be part of than a one-off £13 delivery charge. Maybe your friend would of preffered it had the van driver wrote him self off trying to deliver only for the goods in the fan to be destroyed, your friend would be waiting even longer.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks
    • scaryjim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell Inspiron
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4GB DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon R5 230
      • PSU:
      • Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

I think we need to find the balance of idiocy here.

Expecting next day delivery when the entire country has been covered by at least 6" of snow and there have been severe weather warnings and well publicised delays to all forms of transport is, frankly, naive to the point of dim (for readers of Order of the Stick, think Elan. For non-readers of Order of the Stick: please enjoy).

On the other hand, offering, and charging significant premiums for, next day delivery when the entire country has been covered by at least 6" of snow and there have been severe weather warnings and well publicised delays to all forms of transport is, frankly, naive to the point of dim. I find it hard to believe that OCUK can't remove delivery options from their ecommerce site with minimal fuss, and frankly it would've been very prudent of them to do so when it became clear some time ago that the severe weather was going to stick around and they weren't going to be able to guranatee next day delivery.

Let's call it a no-score-draw, huh?

Thanks
    • WhiteGiant's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q-E (1901 BIOS)
      • CPU:
      • Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz / TRUE Black
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Corsair 4-4-4-12 @2.1v
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500gb Seagate (RAID0) + Storage drives(1.7tb)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 4870 1gb
      • PSU:
      • Enermax 500w (Modular)
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred v1
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Belinea Artistline 22w
      • Internet:
      • Sky Max - oddly getting faster.

Both my housemates work for Cardiff council. One is a fairly high-up communications officer. I put the rubbish out when I got home earlier. She came home screaming and shouting at me that there was no collection tomorrow morning (our last was on 18th Dec). Being the calm chap I am, I asked why not. She responded with "It's on the ****ing website, why don't people read it!"

Now, I have issues with a council that pays over £4 million in 1 year in 'sick pay' (according to the local rag, may be true, may be not), but to assume everyone has the internet and can check these kinds of things is ridiculous.

I've been walking to and from work each day, leaving half an hour early (it takes 12 minutes door to door on a dry day), and I'll be honest, I've fallen a few times, I've looked like a tit wobbling more times than I care to think of. But I still do a 12hr shift. I really don't see why the country is grinding to a halt.

From a driving point of view, almost all of the main roads around my area are clear to the point of being dry. The guys and gals involved in that operation should be commended, but apparently there isn't enough grit to do the side-roads and pavements. Perhaps the money spent on sick-pay for my house-mate's 'colds, coughs, and feeling down' should have been spent on preparing for extreme weather? We're in Wales, bad weather isn't uncommon.

/rant over.
    "Don't wanna see your face, don't wanna hear your voice . . ."

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

I've got a few deliveries backing up at work, but it's just not worth the risk taking some of them, one has been up for delivery since monday but it's the only one that is that way out and the route is bad at the best of times.

All the ones we have been taking are ones that are in recovery distance from base (via on site recovery not 3rd party).

We've had 2 next day deliveries from Hilti that are late, one was supposed to be here tuesday, (ordered 21st dec [weird next day right ]), and turned up more battered than a cod and chips, and the other was due today. But their main hub is Mancs, so we've been telling the people who it is for that it is unlikely to arrive... Doesn't stop them calling every five minutes though.
    Plus no end of other delivery drivers turning up with stories of pillocks on their travels.

On the plus side, the snow finally persuaded my boss to get some new boots put on the front of the van, it's a much nicer drive now, it's still skittish on the back end when it's empty but when you get a pallet on it's fine
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Thanks

I read the whole thread

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/delivery.php

I presume, unless DPD operate forward mounted grit carriers on their vans your terrible issue falls under "external factors"
    Hahahha Nice.

I have to say anyone who expects for things to be normal when the weather conditions are the worst they have been for 20/30 years, needs to wake up and smell the freshly laid snow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information