Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Right everyone - need you all to read this please.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XA04
    I'm not even going to bother argueing, this is getting pathetic.

If your going to ****ing cry over a thread title just ignore the thread. Moderators are there to help us lot, and if you have a problem with a thread title, just report the damn thread, ask for it to be renamed, I'm sure a mod would be happy to rename it, yes, that IS what moderators are for, they moderate the forum, it's not a matter of if they should have to or not, it's their job, their responsibility.
    No one really aruguing, you just keep going off on one mate

And the moderators are doing their job, which was exactly what the thread was created in the first place. But people need to have some self moderation, just like in the real world, or the forums would just become a complete **** storm - regardless if there was 100 moderator editing threads 24/7.. It sounds like you actually want some kind of dictatorship here. I mean this in the nicest possible way mate, but don't have a big teenage "It's not fair!" strop. Who exactly do you think is having such a big go at you anyway. They are just try to make things clear, dont take it so personally dude Take some responsibilty.

Thanks
    arent staff paid
    what is this 'pay' you speak off ?
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Barely posting since 2006 bertie's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bertie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Lenovo Y480
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 3610QM
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR1600
      • Storage:
      • 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GT650M
      • PSU:
      • Lappy
      • Case:
      • NA
      • Operating System:
      • W7 X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405
      • Internet:
      • Australian awful net
    This is why I stopped even checking GD a while ago

..(until just now )

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    I'm really surprised by some of the reactions in here, Matt_D just asked for people to be more constructive with posts in general, not to take threads off topic etc. Yet it appears several people have got the right hump with it?.

Its not any one person thats been targetted. Its not the mods getting nasty either. As again if they where then some peoples comments in this thread would have resulted in a ban if you where using other forums and questionned a mod's word.

Just enjoy the forums guys, and honour what Matt_D and the other mods have said.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    what has pay got to do with absolutely anything - to be honest that is absolutely none of your business and has no affect on how I request the members of HEXUS.net partake in this community.

We now have 6 pages of posts and comments about a simple request - with people saying the rule is not clear when it is not a rule, it was a very simple request.

We have individuals taking it personally and telling me that I should account for how they wish to post and that effort should be expended on them.

It's pointless, how we have managed to get 6 pages on this when all it was was a heads up and a request, nothing more.

If you want me to make it a rule I will, but I figured I could ask the community just to think a little so we have a quality community hence why I put emphasis on the quality of what we do and how we can make it better if we work together.

So, lets try again, can we please try to think about what we post, lets get some quality in there, lets make this place better and better.
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XA04
    I'm not even going to bother argueing, this is getting pathetic.

If your going to ****ing cry over a thread title just ignore the thread. Moderators are there to help us lot, and if you have a problem with a thread title, just report the damn thread, ask for it to be renamed, I'm sure a mod would be happy to rename it, yes, that IS what moderators are for, they moderate the forum, it's not a matter of if they should have to or not, it's their job, their responsibility.

you're not in primary school anymore, you dont need to have EVERYTHING done for you. You'll be wanting your arse wiped next. Pyle was right, the members have to self moderate to an extent, the mods are there to oversee the smooth running of the forums, they have far more useful things to do than run after you tidying up your thread titles. Just grow up.

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    nobody did.

Just abide by the request and things will be fine, the arguement behind all of this is so utterly pointless its untrue.
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Xcelsion... In Disguise. Xaneden's Avatar
    Thanks
    Guys, Guys, although its important to have some level of order on the forum, don't you think everyones going way overboard here?

At the end of the day, this is just a forum/community, theres no need to get all fired up about it. I really don't see why such a superficial rule change (if you can call it that, its more a reminder) should require 6 pages of tit for tat arguments?
    New Sig on the Way...

Thanks
    How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
    7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    1 to move it to the Lighting section
    2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
    7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    5 to flame the spell checkers
    3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
    15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
    19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
    11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
    7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
    3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
    1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Thanks
    Can you do polls on this forum?

I think this kind of discussion would be better tackled with a poll of something like...
    Do you think the GD thread is:
    Too Spammy
    Just fine
    Too Serious

...might keep the flaming down

smtkr
    OK, I've been restraining myself from posting in this thread because I was hoping it would die and fall to the bottom. It hasn't happened. Everyone has seen this thread by now. We all understand what it means. Stop posting in this thread!

Thanks

Who's with me?

Thanks
    TBH this has potential for longest thread...
    I say keep it up

thats a sure fire way to get it locked...
    Twigman

Thanks
    Just realised the girl farthest left looks like that new character out of Little Britain

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePyle
    I'm in there, next to the smack head.
    cracked me up

-----------------------

We don't all get paid, and those that do, have other jobs to do for Hexus actually making money for the company to be in business. I sincerely hope, with my heart, that it makes the right people the right money. he buggers work hard enough for it.

The Mod team do it for love. Plain and simple. It hurts sometimes, but we love pain

Let me tell you all about our VICTORIES from past years

Knox was the WORST SPAMMER in history. Par Excellence. He is now a good friend of ost of the mods.

P{yle was the worst type of jerk on his first visits and he and his misguided fools created a nightmare for myself and mainly Nick, as they trolled this very forum. He's now a good member.....bit wieird, but good.

Elmo caused the odd stir here and there.

The list of people is endless.

TiG used to offend people with his hands behind his back and has learned compassion for people less smart this his clever-arsed-self!

Moby , Jiff and TiG have had no choice but to school me in everything web and IT based, and some of it actaully sank in!!!! I've WORKED with them now! In real life as well as here on line.

And having met the majority of the team, I can honestly say that I'd not only trust my kids (if I had them) to visit here and be safe, but also to learn stuff.

You know why?

Because on the whole, IT IS SELF MODERATING.

That's not cause we're lazy.

That's cos you lot are well behaved.

Skii, Agent,Trig, Dak, Tumble, Clingy,Ferral...all my personal friends now because of Hexus. There's more than that, but you see what I mean.

If it all kicked off at 2 am and Howard was online, I KNOW he'd try to calm the situation before one of us could be pm'd to sort it.

He's a proper dude. Ditto HUNDREDS of you.

So I know that Hexus.net forums rock. You lot just don't always see the wood for the trees.

Take a look at the bigger pciture (groan.....where did that come from?). Stand back for the helicopter view.(bigger groan)

It's dead nice here

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    Zaks back......and this time he's found the shift key
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information