Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Baby

Banned
    Thanks
    Ok, will get some pics up on the weekend or sooner if i get the chance.

Hope all goes ok Rack as i am sure it will. Is it your first child? Do you know the sex? Our baby was 11 days overdue!

Thanks
    It's going to be a boy, and yup, first one.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    It's going to be a boy, and yup, first one.
    Fantastic! I bet you are so excited. I was / am still. It is awesome being a dad. Best thing in the world.

It is hard work but worth it. Keep us posted. If you get the time!

Thanks
    Very excited, but so busy getting everything sorted out I hardly have time to think about it!

Glad to hear it's such a great experience, it's difficult to imagine!

Banned
    Thanks
    It is hard to imagine. Very strange coming home with the baby for the first time! You will soon get into a routine mate. Takes time. There's me after only 3 months giving advice!

Any advcie i can give i will though.

I may be giving up work in March to become a House Husband! Wife wants to go back to work. I don't mind. Got to sort the finances out.

Registered+
    Thanks
    congratulations dude to you and you wife. A healthy child is surely the greatest gift anyone could hope to receive. And the greatest honour you can offer in return is... Love. Wishing you all the very best of love, luck and happiness for the future.

Enjoy
    Carpe Diem

http://www.xtremism.com
    New Forum Live, Come Join in

Banned
    Thanks
    Cheers for that.

IBM
    there but for the grace of God, go I IBM's Avatar
    Thanks
    • IBM's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel E6600 Core2Duo 2.40GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400
      • Storage:
      • 150G WD SATA 10k RAPTOR, 500GB WD SATA Enterprise
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Leadtek NVIDIA GeForce PX8800GTS 640MB
      • PSU:
      • CORSAIR HX 620W MODULAR PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 Black Case
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WPF A04
      • Internet:
      • domestic zoom
    Kool ... my two are now nearly five and three...incredible how quickly time passes. My tip to you is to make sure you take photos every month for the first year (or for ever if you can be bothered). We did and it's wonderful to have this record of how they've changed month by month. Try to get some of it on video as well if possible. I've got 30,000+ pics of my kids and over 120 hours of tape, and I still know there's so many things worth capturing that I haven't managed to get....

Write down every little quirky thing. Have a little notebook of the sounds they like to make, what toys they like to play with, what songs you sing them. Especially when they start talking, there'll be so many things that make you laugh, and yet they're so easily forgotten.

And when your kid starts on solids, do yourself a favour and get as much variety into their diet as possible. Every vegetable and fruit you can think of, just to get their palette used to it. Persevere, if they're hungry enough they'll eat it....you'll thank me for it later....
    sig removed by Zak33

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ibm View Post
    Kool ... my two are now nearly five and three...incredible how quickly time passes. My tip to you is to make sure you take photos every month for the first year (or for ever if you can be bothered). We did and it's wonderful to have this record of how they've changed month by month. Try to get some of it on video as well if possible. I've got 30,000+ pics of my kids and over 120 hours of tape, and I still know there's so many things worth capturing that I haven't managed to get....

Write down every little quirky thing. Have a little notebook of the sounds they like to make, what toys they like to play with, what songs you sing them. Especially when they start talking, there'll be so many things that make you laugh, and yet they're so easily forgotten.

And when your kid starts on solids, do yourself a favour and get as much variety into their diet as possible. Every vegetable and fruit you can think of, just to get their palette used to it. Persevere, if they're hungry enough they'll eat it....you'll thank me for it later....
    Yea, great advice mate. We have taken loads of pics already and lots of videos. Been backing them up on DVD too. My wife has a little Diary that she writes in every day about our gorgeous daughter.

We are going to give our baby proper food. All mixed from what we eat etc. None of this tinned / jar stuff. We want her to eat healthy. Got to find a good blender now!

Thanks
    We fed our two what we were eating, when weaning made batches of pureed veg/fruit etc. and froze them for ease. They both try any new food and are easy to cater for. I have a niece who will not eat carrots cut into rounds, only batons (and they are one of the only 3 vegetables she will eat), her brothers have their own peculiarities, my sister has to prepare three different meals to work around her kids fussiness. They were all weaned on jars/packets etc.

Looking forward to seeing piccies

Banned
    Thanks
    Well, we thought it would be a good idea to puree all the food we eat etc. Much better for our baby. What is the best thing to start her on? Pureed fruit? Rice? We have some books that i bought on making your own baby food so i could look at them. Nice to know what any of you lot did.

I will post some pics up either today or on the weekend.

Thanks
    I was given a little blender that you can put pretty much anything in, but of course fresh fruit & veg is pretty much the best thing you can get, and variety is key!

All from my mother, who is a naturpath/dietician, and brought up 4 healthy happy kids.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    I was given a little blender that you can put pretty much anything in, but of course fresh fruit & veg is pretty much the best thing you can get, and variety is key!

All from my mother, who is a naturpath/dietician, and brought up 4 healthy happy kids.
    Is that the little blenders that have a handle and a pot underneath? Lots of different ones to choose from.

Thanks
    Blimey, how time flies... from birth to weaning in just a few days... Kids these days, they grow up soooo fast!

Next, which university!

Congrats dude!

Treasure every moment she's asleep! (you'll see what I mean....)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    The one I have is actually a small food processor, but upright like a blender. Personal preference and kitchen size are the main factors.

It may sound like I'm organised, but really I'm panicking!

Registered+
    Thanks
    congratulations dude to you and you wife. A healthy child is surely the greatest gift anyone could hope to receive. And the greatest honour you can offer in return is... Love. Wishing you all the very best of love, luck and happiness for the future.

Enjoy
    Carpe Diem

http://www.xtremism.com
    New Forum Live, Come Join in

Thread Information