Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 209 to 224 of 286

Thread: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

  1. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    @RichardHuddy

    i would vote "NO" in such a poll and i'm glad that its something you would not do, however a small part of me would want to vote YES just to get back at nvidia for the dirty tricks they do all the time. I imagine a fair amount of people would vote yes for that reason.

  2. #210
    Senior Member Perfectionist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    824
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked
    39 times in 30 posts

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    I cannot find the thread on the Official Batman: AA forums....

    Is it me being blind or has nVidia forced it's removal?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Eidos hid it off their own bat, they are as guilty here as accomplices to anti-competitive practices as nVidia. With the stuff in the news recently about anti-competition suits being brought against Intel they are probably running scared from justice - quite ironically appropriate really given what the game where things got worse is.

    I think the EU and US should be investigating nVidia after these physX and anti-aliasing shenanigans, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other manipulations of developers are uncovered ("the way it's meant to be played" bribing of developers has after all been going on for a LONG while now).

  3. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    WI, USA
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    4 times in 3 posts

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionist View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Eidos hid it off their own bat, they are as guilty here as accomplices to anti-competitive practices as nVidia. With the stuff in the news recently about anti-competition suits being brought against Intel they are probably running scared from justice - quite ironically appropriate really given what the game where things got worse is.

    I think the EU and US should be investigating nVidia after these physX and anti-aliasing shenanigans, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other manipulations of developers are uncovered ("the way it's meant to be played" bribing of developers has after all been going on for a LONG while now).
    So say the ATi fans, year after year, without any shred of proof whatsoever.

    Meanwhile NVIDIA helps devs put the AA in games like Bioshock and Batman AA out of the box, FarCry2 launches with a SLi profile and no CF to be seen, Mirrors Edge/Cryostasis/Darkest of Days/Batman AA/GRAW/etc launch with effects ATi users can't see, and stereo support for many games and enhancements built into some like Resident Evil 5.

    As a person who likes all of the above, and can play games faster than any ATi card anyway with my GTX295s, I hope NVIDIA keeps on advancing computer gaming.

  4. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    WI, USA
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    4 times in 3 posts

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    nVidia can't even supply Physx if it sees an AMD card in your machine.....funny that.

    Why do you need a nVidia card for video transcoding?
    It's about 10X faster with Badaboom.

  5. #213
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    4 times in 3 posts

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionist View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Eidos hid it off their own bat, they are as guilty here as accomplices to anti-competitive practices as nVidia. With the stuff in the news recently about anti-competition suits being brought against Intel they are probably running scared from justice - quite ironically appropriate really given what the game where things got worse is.

    I think the EU and US should be investigating nVidia after these physX and anti-aliasing shenanigans, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other manipulations of developers are uncovered ("the way it's meant to be played" bribing of developers has after all been going on for a LONG while now).
    The funny thing is that it is already too late for nVidia, when the government or even any decent anti-trust lawyer files a suit they have been watching their target for years, have solid evidence, and even worse the case is nearly airtight at that point. The company being sued is in for it at that point, as they did do illegal things, and proving they did is easy at that point. The only thing left to do for a company in that situation is to apply political pressure, claim to be a victim, and personally attack those people who you wronged and that are now suing you.

    Too bad there aren't criminal sanctions for the executives who authorized the illegal actions in the first place. It might make these trials end sooner, and would result in appeals taking a shorter amount of time if an underling pleads guilty to a lesser criminal charge and fingers their boss in the boss's criminal trial and the underling testifies in civil actions against the company. Anti-trust suits are of course civil actions in US federal law.
    Last edited by meltedrabbit; 05-11-2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Wow their/there, am I in 2nd grade again?

  6. #214
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    4 times in 3 posts

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    It's about 10X faster with Badaboom.
    And the movie looks roughly like a multi-colored blob after being transcoded in such a poor manner.

    Also, Rollo, are you looking forward to December 2nd? I know I am.

  7. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    WI, USA
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    4 times in 3 posts

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    As to EyeFinity being a gimmik....

    Isn't that what the nVidia 3D is? A gimmik? Not only that but it's a gimmik that cripples framerate and makes you feel sick.

    It's very easy to slate features.....
    Most things that dramatically increase level of immersion lower framerates.

    I'd agree with you on the "sick" part if we were talking the old CRT way of doing stereo. I loved it then to, but couldn't handle it for very long because it gave me headaches and made me feel queazy to boot. (Note: Undying in 3d on my GF4 4400 with the shutter glasses was the coolest thing I had seen in PC gaming at the time)

    With the 120Hz LCD and the new shutter glasses, even over my eyeglasses, no sickness, no eye strain. That aspect is fixed. Only one of the many people I've had try it complained. All thought the effect was amazing.

  8. #216
    Keep it sexy Zhaoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,527
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked
    126 times in 106 posts

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionist View Post
    ("the way it's meant to be played" bribing of developers has after all been going on for a LONG while now).
    OK nVidia have done bad with PhysX and the evidence for Batman AA is mounting but we still can't accuse them of outright bribing with little evidence. Saying things like that is a bit rash imho.

    Of course that doesn't mean that I don't think they should (and they would) get screwed over by legal action.

  9. #217
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    5 times in 4 posts
    • caveman-jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • XFX X58i
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 @4.0
      • Memory:
      • 3x2GB DDR3 G.Skill Rip-Jaws 1333 7-7-7-21
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25-E + Seagate 7200.11 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD ATI Radeon HD 5870 2GB Eyefinity6
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 850
      • Case:
      • CoolerMaster HAF 932
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Six Dell P2210H
      • Internet:
      • 17d/3u

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    With the 120Hz LCD and the new shutter glasses, even over my eyeglasses, no sickness, no eye strain. That aspect is fixed. Only one of the many people I've had try it complained. All thought the effect was amazing.
    Good to hear.

  10. #218
    Keep it sexy Zhaoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,527
    Thanks
    234
    Thanked
    126 times in 106 posts

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Meanwhile NVIDIA helps devs put the AA in games like Bioshock and Batman AA out of the box, FarCry2 launches with a SLi profile and no CF to be seen, Mirrors Edge/Cryostasis/Darkest of Days/Batman AA/GRAW/etc launch with effects ATi users can't see, and stereo support for many games and enhancements built into some like Resident Evil 5.
    Of course the above apparent ATi 'failings' could easily be explained by the same statement you set out to discredit (if it turned out to be true):

    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionist View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other manipulations of developers are uncovered ("the way it's meant to be played" bribing of developers has after all been going on for a LONG while now).
    So, Rollo, you still have not progressed this argument in nVidia's favour and the thread drags on with no relevant evidence being presented...
    Last edited by Zhaoman; 05-11-2009 at 11:20 PM.

  11. #219
    Moosing about! CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    32,042
    Thanks
    3,908
    Thanked
    5,213 times in 4,005 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    This whole thread is starting to repeat itself like some senile old codger!!

    Groundhog day anyone??



    As usual "enthusiasts" arguing over features which mean NOTHING to 99% of the market. This thread is getting so bad I wish that Intel could release Larabee soon so that all the fanbois could have a whinge at that instead!!
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 05-11-2009 at 11:27 PM.

  12. #220
    Senior Member Perfectionist's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    824
    Thanks
    245
    Thanked
    39 times in 30 posts

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    say the ATi fans, year after year
    "ATI fans"? I myself have said previously I was considering buying an nVidia card before I found out they were not as good as current ATI cards, new ones will be a long time arriving, and the anti-competitive practices which I do not agree with out of principle? Remember those, maybe you had them once. Go troll somewhere else, you're just making a fool of yourself with your pathetic snipes. I notice you are being paid to make them, you should be ashamed for being such a slimy little shill:

    Someone said earlier about him being an nVidia employee, I did some research and seems it was true, he's even been banned from Anandtech (a larger forum that seems to be more popular than Hexus, though more America-centric) [emphasis below mine]:
    http://forums.anandtech.com/showthre...6#post28350029
    Dribble, Join Date: Aug 2005, Posts: 259:
    This argument any company *loves* its customer is rubbish. They are all ruled by the bottom line and their share holders. When it comes down to it all that matters is parting you from your money - it's the companies job to do so as efficiently as possible. The fact that anyone can think different just shows them to be a sucker for the PR department - or a paid up part of the PR department (if your name is Rollo).
    http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...=2#post1970353
    Shamrock, Join Date: Jul 2003, Posts: 2,532:
    Rollo is far worse than a troll. He is a member of the NVidia focus group. It's his job to undermine ATI, and tout NV.
    http://forums.anandtech.com/showthre...9#post28679169
    OneOfTheseDays, Join Date: Jan 2000, Posts: 5,866:
    It's really quite sad to see these NV focus group members on here. I think they are polluting this site and all of them should be banned like Rollo
    http://forums.anandtech.com/showthre...8#post28783098
    Sylvanas, Join Date: Jan 2004, Posts: 3,255:
    Why has he not been banned yet, it's worse than Rollo.
    http://wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_Party

    http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

    Quote Originally Posted by meltedrabbit View Post
    The funny thing is that it is already too late for nVidia, when the government or even any decent anti-trust lawyer files a suit they have been watching their target for years, have solid evidence, and even worse the case is nearly airtight at that point. The company being sued is in for it at that point, as they did do illegal things, and proving they did is easy at that point. The only thing left to do for a company in that situation is to apply political pressure, claim to be a victim, and personally attack those people who you wronged and that are now suing you.

    Too bad there aren't criminal sanctions for the executives who authorized the illegal actions in the first place. It might make these trials end sooner, and would result in appeals taking a shorter amount of time if an underling pleads guilty to a lesser criminal charge and fingers their boss in the boss's criminal trial and the underling testifies in civil actions against the company. Anti-trust suits are of course civil actions in US federal law.
    I just hope the US and EU courts/their agents have been paying attention to what's been going on, as gaming is a more niche thing than processors in general like with Intel. Even if not, I think the evidence is enough for pretty much anyone who looks at the activities that have been going on to see.
    Last edited by Perfectionist; 05-11-2009 at 11:51 PM.

  13. #221
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Where you are not
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanks
    607
    Thanked
    103 times in 90 posts
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 1TB / 3 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Odyssey G9
      • Internet:
      • 500Mbps BT FTTH

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardHuddy View Post
    It was not my intention to claim that DX11 is an AMD-only feature
    It is for the forseeable future

  14. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    WI, USA
    Posts
    293
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    4 times in 3 posts

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionist View Post
    I notice you are being paid to make them, you should be ashamed for being such a slimy little shill:
    Hmmmm.

    First you make accusations of NVIDIA bribing devs without evidence, now you make accusations my opinions are somehow compromised by "pay" you have no evidence I've received.

    What's next?

    Accusations that the government has wiretaps in every home without evidence? Bit of a conspiracy theorist aren't you?

    My wife and I each make enough to pay for our properties and bills. It takes a little more than some review samples of video cards to buy my integrity.

    You shouldn't make assumptions about those you don't know.


    Your whole post is a personal attack and

  15. #223
    Gentoo Ricer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    11,048
    Thanks
    1,016
    Thanked
    944 times in 704 posts
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Holy crap, this thread is still going on with the strawman arguments?
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

  16. #224
    Gentoo Ricer
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    11,048
    Thanks
    1,016
    Thanked
    944 times in 704 posts
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

    Re: News - AMD exec says NVIDIA neglecting gamers

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    It takes a little more than some review samples of video cards to buy my integrity.
    You'd need to have integrity to sell it in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13-04-2009, 12:54 PM
  2. News - AMD exec questions Intel Xeon claims
    By HEXUS in forum HEXUS News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 01:50 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31-03-2009, 12:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-03-2009, 03:11 PM
  5. News - AMD launches Fusion for Gaming utility
    By HEXUS in forum HEXUS News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-09-2008, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •