Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MV Ixius 3.6 Laptop and NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Go 256MB

Thanks
    Thanks,

i already checked the website but there was no online shop.
    I sent an email to play@go-mv.com and had a very quick answer.
    they look to be responsive, i hope i'll soon be able to proceed an order.
    I'm working on a removable watercooling block for laptops and it would be great to do it with a 6800 Go !!!
    See ya,

Fabien

Thanks
    Hi just a few questions and suggestions

Whats yuor policy reguarding 7 day cool off period? as theres nothing worse then spending that much to find somthing you missed or wasnt in the reviews.

Are there any bench marks showing how the ixius performs under differing configurations? i have seen reviews on the 3.6 version but how does the 3.2 version stack up ( can i look at a destop and see the performance change and have it linearly matched on the DTR? Dual channel or single channel performance / raided non raided performance etc.

Whens the website gonna be e-commerced? As customising it is 10% of the fun of buying such an expensive toy

How modular is the ixius? will i be able to upgrade the GFX / cpu / etc? If so whats the motherboard limit on the CPU? can i look at the DT 915's and see basically or identically what is used in the ixius?

If Nvidia go SLI are there two PCIE slots available on the 915 ixius platform and if so ( i doubt but worth asking) does the mobo have any bearing on SLI capabillity and if so does it have this capabillity. (not much point to PCIE replacing AGP currently other then that as far as i can see)

Will you offer any kind of discount on future upgrades to people who buy from you?

Heads up on any january sale offers ?

Is there any concideration / data sheets covering the cooling system and is there a reason to and the abillity to change the fans to more powerful ones.

I use a PC that is prommied ie cpu runs below 0 celcius, how about an easy inclusion of some form of docking station abillity to a prommy for extreme performance just an idea, if i had the money would have a go myself on that

Fabien if you read this i'd love some more information on the easily removed water block

Do you or will you offer image recovery disks like alienware, although not to hard to do myself it is a great feature that should really be with every pc sold.

Have you guys done any over clocking on yuor systems, and what were the results? ( probably good if you dont cause you might o/c it and then charge more

What are the Db noise levels on various levels of performance.

is there the option of not having the card reader as it will be completely superflious to my needs.

Do you offer things such as different colours / carry cases ?

Will my girlfriend kill me or fall in love with me more when she finds out how much i spent on it ( looking at £2000 )

Also any chances of getting a 3.4EE in there?

Also what bios does it use, does the chip and bios allow for multiplier and voltage changes??? Can you fit a bios saviour, or is it accessable enough for me to do so?

Thanks.

Oh hope this helps others.

MV Ixius Model 1

• Intel 915P chipset supporting PCI express
    • Intel Pentium 4 550 3.4GHz
    • High Performance Dual Channel 512MB DDR2 533MHz RAM
    • Upgradeable graphics VGA module
    • NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800 256MB GPU
    • 17.1” WXGA TFT (1440 x 900)
    • Hitachi 60GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
    • NEC 8x Dual Layer DVD+/-RW
    • Sony DVD/CDRW combo drive (optional)
    • 7-in-1 card reader (MS/MSPro/SD/MMC/CF/MD/SM)
    • Azalia high definition audio
    • 4 speakers and sub-woofer
    • 300k video camera
    • 4 colour LED Audio DJ
    • 4 x 2.0 USB
    • 2 x mini-IEEE1394a
    • 1 x parallel port
    • 1 x COM
    • 1 x DVI
    • 1 x S-Video
    • 1 x PS2 port
    • 10/100/1000 mbps LAN
    • Int 56k modem
    • Intel Wireless LAN
    • Bluetooth
    • 1 x FIR IrFDA 1.1
    • 1 x speaker out
    • 1 x line in
    • 12 cell Li-ION battery
    • Carry case
    • Windows XP Home
    • Ability Office
    • Panda Antivirus
    • DVD/CD burning software package
    • DVD video software

£1399 ex. VAT, £1643.83 inc. VAT

MV Ixius Model 2

Same as above but with Intel Pentium 4 560 3.6GHz
    £1499 ex. VAT, £1761.33 inc. VAT
    Same as Model 1 but with Intel Pentium 4 540 3.2GHz
    £1299 ex. VAT, £1526.33 inc. VAT

Same as Model 1 but with Intel Pentium 4 530 3.0GHz
    £1199 ex. VAT, £1408.33 inc. VAT

Optional Upgrades

Memory: Upgrade to 1GB
    Price: £150 ex VAT

Upgrade to 2GB
    £450 ex VAT (4 x 512MB)

Upgrade to 3GB
    £620 ex VAT (3 x 1GB)

Storage: Upgrade to 120GB (2 x 60GB) RAID array
    Price: £130 ex VAT

2nd optical drive: DVD/CDRW combo drive
    Price: £45 ex VAT

Glass type screen: 17” WSXGA TFT 1680 x 1050 resolution
    Price: £100 ex VAT

TV card: Analogue TV card
    Price: £85.09
    Last edited by matisamd; 23-12-2004 at 12:08 AM.

Thanks
    lol i just emailed them asking most of those questions !
    i dont see the point in paying 130 quid for a 100 pound hardrive and will get cheaper into the january sales i presume it is the hitachi 7k60 2.5 inch drive

are laptop dvd drives all the same form factor ? is it would be good to have 2 dvd burners to burn from the same image so i can get 2 discs burnt at once

does it take fullsize desktop ddr 2 ram ?

will the do a digital tv card ?
    whats so good about a glass type screen? i would have it anyway for the increased res

can u stil have dual channel with the 3 gb of ram option ? or will it have to have all slots filled ? e.g. 4gb
    are the cpu's it uses the exact same as we can buy from shops ? eg desktop ones that we could upgrade ?

DR
    Thanks
    It doesn't use full size system ram - For DC you would have 2 * 1GB and 2 * 512

Thanks
    HI,

about the waterblock, the system is very simple...

I use pneumatic based connectors.
    The heatsinks are simply waterblocks, but with fans on them for travelling use (standard cooliong mode), it works as well and even better than standard heatsinks as it is 100% copper (i think it is the good word for the material used).
    There is a closed water circuit inside and when you plug the connectors ( it is a 2x two way connectors) it opens the circuit and you get the cooling from the external water tank. any kind of watercooling solution is working, only the connectors are different. My only problem is that i do not make any programming, and my dream would be to make a USB connection with a board in order to manage and monitor the GPU and GPU temperature, temperature of the cooland liquid, watercooling fan speed, and eventually a battery monitor (using lithium ion Polymer battery 2000mah is able to make the fan working up to 7 hours without having to take current from the USB on the laptop), so in lan party...
    I am making tests actually on an old Toshiba Satellite 3000-100 and it works fine, i am actually looking around for a "clean" connector / valve so no coolant liquide is lost at all when plugging / unplugging the liquid connectors.
    Eventually i will build a dockstation with all this included, so when home just put the laptop on it and it will be watercooled.
    I do not want to show any pictures at the moment as i make micro scale helicopters models and by showing pictures of py prototypes some manufacturers stoled my ideas...Not Cool....
    If anybody knows anyone who would have a destroyed MV Ixius Laptop or knows someone there who could sell me just the case with the GPU and CPU heatsinkls so i could design the new waterblocks i would be really interrested.
    Eventually i will send them an email, who know they could be interrested?
    Sorry for my bad English anyway..
    Best whishes for 2005 to all of you,

Fabien

Thanks
    Thanks for yuor replies.

Fabian, thats a fantastic idea i think the big companies like astek etc might well come up with a commercial version if DTR's catch on. Just have this image of lan partiers round a huge vat of water with pipes and wires very borg'esk .
    Maybe even a phase change system would be possible would be great, and has been proven is a brilliant way too boost a system (5ghz P4 / 3.6Ghz fx), though cost wise its generally up there so more for the p4EE and FX guys .
    i guess you'd need the docking station to sence the connnection and boot at o/c'd settings.

I have found another company doing this generic laptop platform (in the UK) but are shipping it with x800 mobilities, aparently they have the early shipment. Though 6800Go's seem more clockable, so far...

Thanks
    who is the company you mention ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by weebroonieuk
    who is the company you mention ?
    Rock Direct - TI Extreme.

DR
    Thanks
    Rock and Go-MV are connected, I believe Rock are the build partners for MV.

Thanks
    Hi Guys,

thanks for the informations, i'll try to contact them.
    I sent an email to MV to ask them for the price for the heatsinks and eventually just an empy caso of laptop to look after the pipes placements, but no answer so far...
    So i'll try the others companies you talk about.
    I know that most of the time laptops are build in taiwan by big groups like uniwill and then they are customized by different brands, so i'll have to check out where i can find that kind of thing..
    If reallly i can not find an " empty" laptop, i'll try to see if i can buy one brand new to make the mods and then show a working prototype, but if there is any problem the warranty will not work in my case so already spending more than 1000 euros to mill the dual cooling blocks + the price of the laptop would make a beautifull fully furnished kitchen as my wife would say...
    Thanks fot he informations, i'll keep you updated.
    If i can make at lease a european patent i'll release some pics, but not before, i'm sorry for that but i do not want my work to be stolen a second time..
    Thanks again,

Fabien

Thanks
    I contacted MV and they got back to me and at first I was impressed. I then contact Nvidia and ATI and guess what both said they would not be changing there format for the portable PCI Express video. I then asked MV about this and they said that they would be making in the future a duel chassis unit.
    I asked if Nvidia changed to ATI format would they exchange the(current) chassis due to the machine not being upgradeable (and the fact they are making a duel chassis means there is something not right)which is why we are all buying it I believe and I got NO reply.......
    The laptop world to my knowledge WON’T support TWO formats and if the wrong one backs down then if we buy we could be up the creek with out a paddle. I also note that the ROCK machine comes with a choice of Video adaptors so I do believe clarification is in order.
    If this is sorted I would buy now.

Nick

Thanks

MV is Go

Hi,

Firstly Nick- I have got the email you sent in and apologies for not getting back to you straight away (I've only just got back in the real world). I will get you a reply sorted ASAP.

In other news- the go-mv website is now up and running and on-line buying is all there (www.go-mv.com). We will be adding lots more to the site over the year and (he writes slightly nervously) your feedback is always welcome. Particularly as we are very interested in making teccy/gaming market!

Thanks for all your interest in the Ixius and MV so far!!

JK

Thanks
    Just wondering if there are any plans on AMD platform with the 6800, also do you have any plans to obtain x800's?

It would be nice if you guys had a go at overclocking and /or benchmarking the system, its not really a DTR its a mobile games machine so really it eems like a nice idea, and maybe some comparisons to older 9700 based laptops etc, with this much power it could only make people see just how much of a power jump it is.

God is in the details

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitch
    Hi,

Firstly Nick- I have got the email you sent in and apologies for not getting back to you straight away (I've only just got back in the real world). I will get you a reply sorted ASAP.

In other news- the go-mv website is now up and running and on-line buying is all there (www.go-mv.com). We will be adding lots more to the site over the year and (he writes slightly nervously) your feedback is always welcome. Particularly as we are very interested in making teccy/gaming market!

Thanks for all your interest in the Ixius and MV so far!!

JK
    Hi,

i did send you an email a few weeks ago but did not get any answer, about water cooling and a request to buy a empty laptop ( jsut the case) and GPU + CPU stock heatsink, in order to make a prototype for the dual cooling system blocks.
    If you could eventually reply to me too please, i would be gratefull.
    Thanks a lot,

Fabien

Thanks
    hi thinking of buying the go-mv ixius. i found a review of the alienware 7700m laptop stating overheating problems has anyone else found that problem with the ixius. bearing in mind that they both use the same casing. need to know before i cough up £2000.

this is part of the post.

I bought a MJ12 7700 alienware laptop.
    pentium 4 3.6 ghz HT tech, nvidia 6800 go 256 mb, 2 gigs ram, 200 gig hd.
    I get the laptop and it kicks ass. The first 2 days it runs flawlessly, im averaging 180 fps on counterstrike source (hl2 engine) with everything maxed. I am beginning to become a bit concerned with how hot the laptop feels. I first noticed it when i put my hands on it to and it was noticeably warm on the lower portion of the keyboard.... I then noticed how it was constantley pumping out ALOT of hot air.
    The third night, im painting in photoshop and listaning to music, everything is fine. All of a sudden it freezes, crashes and restarts. I dont think much of it , whatever. So i begin looking through music files and it happens again... now i'm beginning to get worried. This happens about 4 more times in the next 2 hours before I decide to use the respawn cd given to me by alienware.
    Well I use the respawn dvd but it doesnt work, i restart it with it activated and it just freezes up... So now im getting quite peed off. I then decide to reformat totaly, so I use the alienware windows xp pro cd i have. This is where i get extremly worried.. i go to reinstall windows it restarts and i begin to get blue screan errors.

So I call tech support after about 5 hours of trying to fix this laptop.... it begins to make noises which confirms my fear that the HD has overheated.
    their solution is to install windows off a usb floppy. which they neglected to send me. so they told me to wait 5 days and this will fix it... well im not doing that so i went and bought a usb floppy because i was certain this wasnt goign to solve it and i cant afford to be waisting another week without it.
    Last edited by 3dcnc; 23-01-2005 at 01:45 AM.

Thanks
    Hi,

that is why i am developping a dual cooling system,
    Stock Heatsink are too much sollicited andhave too much heat to dissipate, and with a single airflow + heatsink it works, but not on long sessions.. ( most of the time).
    See ya,

Fabien.

PS: still no answer from MV..
    Last edited by Fabien; 15-02-2005 at 02:01 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information