• Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Re: new rig, advise

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcreaper View Post
    tbh the problems that i found when home building realy put me off. for example, problems fitting the parts ie dont fit properly ect, also i found the warrenties a right pain in arse, calling people up saying this fualty..waiting 2 weeks for devliery then getting sent wrong items. also found a lot of issues with static when dealing with some products in past sinse some r pretty easy to use while others i found when "earthed" i still got static somehow...

main issue is cooling. the silverstone has a few fans yes but if i was going to use e8500 OCED.4.0 and GTX9800 OCed the heat will be quite high and reading reveiws you need quit a bit of cooling ie between 5 ish fans(good ones not factory issue)

i would love to buy parts, send them to someone who knows how to build QUALITY tidy maximum airflow, builds, then pay them to do so(if you do PLZ SAY.....)...sadly such a service doesnt exist. if only... i dare not attemp to try home build with such good parts and then make small mistake then have da za vo again with company with fualty products or trying to convince i didnt fck up build on my end.

also temp sensors a issue i think, they a must for air builds with quality fans.
    also i cant find many guides for making top notch air silverstone tj107 builds ect.

also the vadim cooling system is quite good from reveiws, heres what they use. i couldnt find parts on scan though..

This is our Antarctic cooling system for PCs that consists of 2-5 ball bearing fans (depending on the case you choose) plus we add a digital controller to adjust the fan speeds that has 4 temperature sensors that we install all over the case to monitor HD, CPU, VGA and System temperatures.

This system automatically adjusts the speeds in accordance with the temperature information that is received through the 4 hardware sensors. Currently we use the Mcubed high quality BigNG controllers with the sensors on CPU, VGA, HD and ambient. All the temperature limits are preset during stress testing for the safe noise to heat ratio.

Additionally, where space/configuration permits, we do custom modifications and replace all or some of:
    - The motherboard's chipset heatsink+fans with more powerfull ones that will ensure quieter operation over the integrated ones.
    - The VGA heatsink/fan with either Arctic cooling VGA silencers, Zalman copper heatsinks
    - Add HD Cooling where possible such as Zalman or Revoltek HD Coolers.
    - Cut an additional one or two 120mm Fan Hole in the case with silent case fans fitted

This work can take upto a day and is carefully designed and implemented depending on PC configuration (Case/motherboard/VGA design)

In a rare few instances, we may not be able to physically fit any more aftermarket cooling into a configuration. This may be due to the lay-out of a case, or because the stock VGA or hard drive cooling is already very good case and cannot be improved on. If this does occur, you will be notified and we will instead install a premium cooling package, refunding the difference to the card used in the original order.
    Just post where in the country you are.
    I am sure that if there is anyone near you they would build for you for a fraction of the cost that a company would (and do just as good a job).

Thanks

i live in UK so have to take into count VAT17.5 % ontop of other exspences.

i live in london. there a few pc shops around but the problem i hear a lot of is fruad there a lot of fruadsters who go on sites like these sadly then PM sayign i live near you i got shop send parts to me,

all looks "kosher" but find they then take money+products then run.we had a problem quite near us when some guy took 10k worth of goods and 2k money and then legged it

this main reson i doutfull to go to some "local pc shops" sinse there few and far between and ones you find look+seem rather un kosher like. at time.

if there were some video guides for lets say building a top notch air cooled silverstone tj107 with simular products that i would be using then id probaly give it a go(i ant some retard with electronics..) sadly i cant find any, just writtten guids for seperate things which at times hard to follow and not well explained.

this main reson for pre-build, also warrenty/customer service important, if something wrong simle to fix. and free.

p.s dont buy from MESH they well bad customer service, RAM failed crashed motherboad,22+hours on phone, had to refund pc....though i kept monitor...still got it lol 6 years later

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

YoYotech are local to you then
    YoYoTech.co.uk :: House of Technology

I'm not sure what their builds are like though.

The manual would tell you everything you wanted to know about the TJ-07. All cases take a little while to familiarize yourself with anyway but it will be very straight forward.

Thanks
    • Muska's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K PREMIUM/WIFI-AP
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad-Core Q6600
      • Memory:
      • OCZ 4GB DDR2 PC2-6400 Reaper
      • Storage:
      • 2x Samsung 500GB HD501LJ
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit 8800GT Sonic 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 620W HX
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell 248 WFP
      • Internet:
      • PlusNet

yeah, if you're in london try yoyotech,they can build you a system from any components you select as long as they supply them + you deal there face to face, the 3 times i've been there they were as good as gold especially kul - ask to speak to him if you go there, wouldn't advise asking them in the forum - takes ages to get an answer sometimes but instore experience 10/10

Thanks

how their build quality? sinse want very good build quality and service mainly.

parts wise i know what i need apart from the exact cooling parts.

Thanks

can you link me to their forum sinse i cant find their link of their site, id like to contact them.

Thanks
    • Bugbait's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z370 Auros Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • Intel i8 8700K (Watercooled)
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 4000Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, SS 1TB, WD 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition
      • PSU:
      • Antec HCP-850 Platinum
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 900D (Dual D5 in series: 120.7 - EX360 + EX480) Noctua F & P12 Fans
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 31MU97
      • Internet:
      • VM Cable (100Meg)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    Just post where in the country you are.
    I am sure that if there is anyone near you they would build for you for a fraction of the cost that a company would (and do just as good a job).
    From what I've heard Vadim do offer pretty good service Blitzen, although I admit I don't know anyone who has personally used them (just basing it off what I've read on the Net). For a slight premium the support can be easily worth it for people who are not PC savvy. I have good PC knowledge but spend hours (quite meticulous) building and configuring my PC, then many hours more testing it for stability. If I spent the same amount of time working it would pay for half another premium machine! There's additional cost versus time to consider as well. If I didn't enjoy the building process I'd happily pay someone else to do it.

My advise to shadowcreeper is that if he's not confident is doing it himself or has more money than spare time then pay a "professional" to do it. As others have said, Yoyotech is a good start. They're a bricks and mortar shop in London and seem to be one of the few places that stock decent components.

Thanks
    • staffsMike's system
      • Motherboard:
      • evga 680i
      • CPU:
      • e6600
      • Memory:
      • geil ultra pc6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb
      • PSU:
      • ocz gameXstream 700w
      • Case:
      • akasa eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp and Lg L194WT
      • Internet:
      • pipex homecall

can you link me to their forum sinse i cant find their link of their site, id like to contact them.
    right here on hexus
    YOYOtech.care@HEXUS - HEXUS.community discussion forums

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bugbait View Post
    From what I've heard Vadim do offer pretty good service Blitzen, although I admit I don't know anyone who has personally used them (just basing it off what I've read on the Net). For a slight premium the support can be easily worth it for people who are not PC savvy. I have good PC knowledge but spend hours (quite meticulous) building and configuring my PC, then many hours more testing it for stability. If I spent the same amount of time working it would pay for half another premium machine! There's additional cost versus time to consider as well. If I didn't enjoy the building process I'd happily pay someone else to do it.

My advise to shadowcreeper is that if he's not confident is doing it himself or has more money than spare time then pay a "professional" to do it. As others have said, Yoyotech is a good start. They're a bricks and mortar shop in London and seem to be one of the few places that stock decent components.
    you pretty muched summed it up. i built basic pcs before but that a while back and hated it, many problems.

as you said vadim ant some normal retail company like some non uk guys may think, their customer service supposed to be extreamly good and also means furture upgrades i only need to pay for parts then they install collect return for free under warrenty which usefull.

i looking into north london shop, i emailed them with a spec and waiting for reply, though i would of liked to see some pictures from people who have used them before thus showing their workmanship off(vadims forum got some sweet pictures of cutomers pc i gota admit) if more sites let customers show off pc would give much better idea of quality of build making.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Link97's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS 780i P5N-T Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 @ 3.4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GiB Corsair TwinX XMS2 PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 80GB (OS) 1 x 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PNY 8800GT 512MiB
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 500W
      • Case:
      • Akasa Zen Tower case
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" Suyama 1280x1024

Quote Originally Posted by educatedfool View Post
    Antec 900 sitting right there, pretty much all the cooling you'd need and it's got better cooling than alot of much more expensive cases, standard size aswell.

300 quid? I doubt it, unless you get a solid gold heatsink for the CPU. Some dust filters, a 120mm fan (spare slot on the side, not necessary but anyhow), and HS + fan for the CPU and you're done.

I'd minus a 9800GX2 though, seems a bit much getting 2 of them.

Other than that it is way better than the Vadim spec for a good bit less money too.

If there are any local places you could give them that list, pay them 50-100quid to build it up for you and they'd probably give you a warranty. I did that with mine about 4/5 years ago when I hadn't a clue about building PC's.

Edit: The antec 900 also has 2 holes in the back for watercooling if you're in to that thing.
    The dual GX2s were basically just to show the extent of overkill he could get for £1700

Thanks

i used yoyo pc builder and this is what i got so far:
    Silverstone TJ-07 PC Case
    [YOYO Code 17909] £226.80 (Edit)
    2 Coolermaster 850W Power Supply
    [YOYO Code 14285] £104.38 (Edit)
    3 Asus Striker II Formula Motherboard
    [YOYO Code 98491] £168.06 (Edit)
    4 Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    Product is Out of Stock. Please Choose different product.
    [YOYO Code 42040] £143.85 (Edit)
    5 Scythe Mugen CPU Cooler
    [YOYO Code 30289] £27.03 (Edit)
    6 OCZ Reaper 2GB (2 x 1Gb) DDR2 1066Mhz (5-5-5-15) PC Memory
    [YOYO Code 73524] £50.23 (Edit)
    7 Samsung 750GB SATAII Hard Drive
    [YOYO Code 53473] £63.84 (Edit)
    8 Card Reader Optional
    [YOYO Code card reader] £0.00 (Edit)
    9 Samsung 20x Lightscribe DVD Rewriter
    [YOYO Code 8850] £15.00 (Edit)
    10 XFX 8800GTX XT 768MB Graphics Card
    [YOYO Code 3139] £253.00 (Edit)
    11 No WIFI - Optinal Upgrade
    [YOYO Code ] £0.00 (Edit)
    12 Onboard Soundcard
    [YOYO Code Soundcard]

Total: £1392.58 inc. vat though it got less cooling, +no ocing, advise on cooling issue would be nice?
    Last edited by shadowcreaper; 14-05-2008 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks
    • educatedfool's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI Infinity CFX3200/AM2
      • CPU:
      • AMD AM2 X2 6000 3.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB Patriot DDR2 800 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500Gb Sata II
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD2900XT 512MB
      • PSU:
      • 900W Tagan
      • Case:
      • Antec 900, better than a hoover
      • Operating System:
      • XP32 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer 22" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • 8Mb BT

I know you seem to have you heart set on the TJ-07 but may I enquire why you need such a big case?

The cooling is only standard too, unless you where definately getting watercooling there is not really much point. And unless you are overclocking there is no need for that. I have a 2900xt which is quite a toasty piece of hardware and you don't need too much to keep it cool.

Thanks
    • Thorsson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance PC1866
      • Storage:
      • 256M4 SSD; 2Tb 7200RPM Barracuda; 2Tb Linkstation
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX970 SC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2515H
      • Internet:
      • Fibre Optic 30Mb

If you can get either the Scythe Ninja or Mine, or maybe a Thermalright Ultra 120 or Ultima 90 for better CPU cooling. Agree with the fool, the case seems overkill. If you want to spend money get a Lian Li.

Thanks
    • TAKTAK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 970 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet SFX-L 600W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-O11 Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb FTTP

you don't need a 850w PSU, the amount of people that overwatt their systems is rediculous, unless your planning on running 4 gfx cards and lots 'o ocong then you can easily get away with a corsair HX620w

i'm sure most people would agree (except blitzen) that the corsair hx series PSU are good bang for buck PSU's and havn't had a problem with them, therefore i say get one of them instead.

i agree with the other people saying give it a try building your self, if your worried about static then get a antistatic wristband for when your building, you generally get longer warrentys and it can work out cheaper.

but if you are 100% set on pre build then yoyotech and scans 3xs systems are a good starting point

edit: or you could find a heXus user near you and ask them nicely to build it for you, bung a little bit of cash their way for building it and bobs your uncle, you can have the components that you want and arn't limited by what a company offers to put in it's builds......
    Post Counts and Other Rewards, Rules, Folding@Home, Fans: Push vs Pull vs Push-Pull, Corsair PSU OEMs.

Quote Originally Posted by razer121 View Post
    Would you like me to enter you? it would be my pleasure
    TAKTAK.co.uk

Thanks
    • ikix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit iX38 Quad-GT
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 (OC to 3.0GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS2
      • Storage:
      • 640GB WD, 320GB Seagate, 160GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • P182
      • Operating System:
      • Vista x64 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2009WFP

^^ beast computers another company i looked into, though their detail on their site VERY sketchy about what they use compared to vadim which list 99.99% things.

il look into cyber thingy.
    on power issue 520 isnt enough sinse my mate using 580 and finding the power a problem sinse fans and such.

silverstone i using for it a great case for air not just water also isnt masssive, though has enough room to upgrade ie watercooling in a few years down line.

the motherboad i wouldnt say highly rated tbh i find intel boads very reliable and much better for Nvidia cards. out of interest you home build ur system,? how long it take and what problems you find/
    Built a computer for my friend just before xmas and the only prior knowledge i had was poking about my computer out of interest and installing a hard drive. It took me about 3 hours, but that was with some embarasingly stupid mistakes and a lack of foresight on some things. Computer runs fine and he save himself about £400.

Even if something failed then you wouldn't even need to send it back but simply buy another with the spare cash you have, it really is overpriced from those online. But at the end of the day your cash is yours and if you are going down that route Wired2Fire seem to be ok.

Thanks

i waiting for yoyo to get back to me on pc quote. scan i found out to have pretty questionable customer service and a mate of mine found they quite badly overcharged his credit card 3 times in a row and they still havnt refunded him.

i went for silverstone case due mainly to it being a very good case and reveiws ect prove it to be one of best on market, also it roomy meaning il be able to watercool it at later date and also it good case for ocing in, sinse il be ocing system.

also i found other cases some less than 150 quid have poor design features ie USB ports at back of pc with no at front acces nor ethernet acces ect. also some of them dam big 60+cm tall.30+wide

il look into wied2fire, but atm i also looking into cyberspace ppl, even though 1 person said they bad id rather dig up further info sinse they pretty cheap. though cheap doesnt mean good builds, this main reson for vadim pcs atm.

remember also pc can be lowered in price with some talks over phone.. i think ppl think what you see is the final price...... like buying in shop haggle a bit and most likely you get a good disscount, if not walk out it very simple.

i would NEVER go on forum and ask someone to build pc for me for there hundreds of resons why this totaly insane, fruad comes to mind first.send my money dude so i can buy parts then il post you the pc.......sure he will.

atm build quality and customer service the main concerns for these on the looks cheapy systems prices. i have to look into their company records(helps when you know ppl).
    il post results when i get them .

Thread Information