• Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine (AoD)
    ah ha you see this is where 3 rogues and distraction comes handy! we will find a way of doin it i promise you and ill bring screenies! the dagger is 50+ dagger and i am DEFO re spec'in for prep imp sprint and imp vanish!

as soon as vanished is used, get out of the way and wait for the cooldown also maybe a druid if possible to come along with us if i dont get it, it will be a damn good laugh tryin

ATM I am full combat/sword based, the damage i can pull off is so stupid =\ at level 47 can pull of sinisters of 400 - 450 which i was quite impressed with and although I have a low crit % atm my crits still just keep coming so much so i can see 3 - 4 and even 5 crits in a row at times rogues FTW!
    Heh, we used distraction on both of the fire elementals on the bridge but it didn't help at lvl 50. But vanishing before running past might help you.

I get SS's for 400 with my shanker
    I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am so that's the way it comes out.

Richard Allen Evans mr_anderson187's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mblaster
    Oh and Tiramus (mr_anderson187) speaks from experience
    Havent been called tiramus in a long while, oh the memories, old school Hexus Horde WoW, none of this new fangled Scan WoW

ah ha you see this is where 3 rogues and distraction comes handy! we will find a way of doin it i promise you and ill bring screenies! the dagger is 50+ dagger and i am DEFO re spec'in for prep imp sprint and imp vanish!

as soon as vanished is used, get out of the way and wait for the cooldown also maybe a druid if possible to come along with us if i dont get it, it will be a damn good laugh tryin

ATM I am full combat/sword based, the damage i can pull off is so stupid =\ at level 47 can pull of sinisters of 400 - 450 which i was quite impressed with and although I have a low crit % atm my crits still just keep coming so much so i can see 3 - 4 and even 5 crits in a row at times rogues FTW!
    40 man raid it if you want but without massive luck or divine intervention you aint getin past them fireguards on the dridge, only was possible to do it is get 3 level 60's to pull them backwards whiel you run forwards, that might work, they could still go for you, that would mayeb get you past the first part, but then you have to get past 3 harder ones, just as close and theyre two levels higher, youll also need your nightscape boots equipped with MOD5 too at 52/53 to stand a chance, at 50 you should start gathering essence of water and earth, and some rugged leather, you can then get the stormshroud set, its craftable (thottbot it) its the sex, youll liek it, does you up to end game instances when you get shadowcraft, and stuff from ubrs scholo, strat, sword is good, sword imo is very usefull for the 5 man tough instances youll soon be doing, 5 man lbrs anyone? lol the fun youll have in there is almost unbearable
    god i spent so many hours in LBRS late at night with slarys and Az, slarys needed his gems i wanted my gloves and Az was roped into coming as theres never any good priests on, dagger rogues are good for those useless warlocks that draw aggro and die and then cause wipes, burst dps gets it back off them again. anyway ive lost my train of thought here and mumbled off into wow rmemories,

by all means, after you get it, feck the imp vanish and the imp srint, Coldblood/prep with the rest in assassination and a few in combat will level you quicker than ever if you have a shanker/thrash

anyway im lost agian in what my original point was lol

u can try my rogue if u want to see what real damage is

EDIT: yes slarys is right, distraction doesnt rock that much tbh, expecialy when they resist yours

EDIT EDIT: runign past them vanished doesnt work, we tried that, and if it didn, youd have to sprint and vanish to get by both sets of them
    Last edited by mr_anderson187; 03-11-2005 at 06:28 PM.
    Under Development...

Thanks
    yea i think its going to have to be a vanish instances sprint vanish and repeat of course get the other 2 rogues to get agro 1st but im going to try my hardest to be a level 50 with this.. it will be well worth it hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni
    What the hell does "WTH" mean

Thanks
    yea i think its going to have to be a vanish instances sprint vanish and repeat of course get the other 2 rogues to get agro 1st but im going to try my hardest to be a level 50 with this.. it will be well worth it hehe
    with some 'skillz' you could possibly pull it off,

although i hope your not a miner or you coudl be in there for a very long time that slarys one had me in blackrock mountain every night for months on end lol,
    Under Development...

Thanks
    I have recently gone back to it, but ditched my old character, Graxar, because I had been awat too long. You will find a lowly levelled Orc Hunter called Oglum wandering around with about 11 gold! That's me!
    Not around too often!

Huggable
    Thanks
    • Starburn's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Epox 9NPA+
      • CPU:
      • A64 4000+ (@ 12x210)
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gig Corsair XMS Pro (DDR400 @ 420)
      • Storage:
      • 2x80gig Raid0 & 1x200gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X1800XT (above stock)
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R Modular (580W)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Wave
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" TFT & 50" TV (for games)
      • Internet:
      • Be 24mb
    damn World of Roguecraft

I'm almost 54 now btw .. got to 260 in tailoring last night too.. (have about 20bolts of rune cloth now.. I'd been getting the cloth from drops but unable to make bolts! lol).
    We cannot choose what we are.. but what are we but the sum of our choices?

Thanks
    god i remember getting 300 in engineering, ahh the endless sessions at 3am, running round looking for uncontested thorium veins to make items to skill up, lol ive also got over a thousand , mayeb near two thousand runecloth that i never used, i just kept hording as i leveld, andgot all my mates too, was gonna hand it in for rep but you needed sooo many it was untrue, so i gave up and am now sitting with lots of pointless cloth on a bank char dedicated to holding cloth
    Under Development...

Thanks
    lol ive took enchanting with my rogue simpily coz I can solo the SMs for blues and DE them for selling i got 8 small radiant shares last night from me and a 60 rogue doin Cath and armoury over and over /love stealth runs! also did ZF with him for my carrott at level 40 hehe wondering past elites that can see though your stealth is fun

need to get my my to 300 enchanting now though, shouldnt take to long with friends sending me all the green items that drop.. i got so much dream dust its untrue just waiting for the 50 - 60 greens for DE now also getting all my high level weapon enchants bought for me WOWOWOWWOwOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks
    lol ive took enchanting with my rogue simpily coz I can solo the SMs for blues and DE them for selling i got 8 small radiant shares last night from me and a 60 rogue doin Cath and armoury over and over /love stealth runs! also did ZF with him for my carrott at level 40 hehe wondering past elites that can see though your stealth is fun

need to get my my to 300 enchanting now though, shouldnt take to long with friends sending me all the green items that drop.. i got so much dream dust its untrue just waiting for the 50 - 60 greens for DE now also getting all my high level weapon enchants bought for me WOWOWOWWOwOOOOOOOOOOOO
    dream dust is used for enchanting thorium iirc (int it slarys?) u shoudl keep it all, enchanted thorium si used in nearly all the high lvl stuff

also, get your4 mates (maybe one would do) to take you to do this quest, just killing one woman in maraudon, the sword reward you get is the sex
    Under Development...

Thanks
    nice im going to have to have a word.. that would make my rogue very happy with a 6% chance to get an extra attack on striking a mob and then that on the sword.. if it hit right thats 3 hits for one -.- and in main hand doin around 140 - 150 dmg normal and 300+ on crits hmm.. thanks for the info... /me tootles off pondering

Thanks
    indeed, the proc on the Thrash blade really does rock

also, have you got your lifeforce dirk?

needs a pretty good group to get through ST but doesnt take that long, it will do you right up until 58 when (if you can collect the MAMMOTH amount of materials needed to make it you can get this lovely in your offhand with you shanker, shanker/seeker is the best you can get for a rogue daggerwise not counting the big end game instances like MC or BWL etc,

also with the dirk you can get much more deadly posion (which really rocks) and grind faster on harder mobs that you usually cant do, or grind faster with instant poison on some lower lvl mobs, dont underestimate poisions they are well usefull

P.s i have a heartseeker ...with 15AGI enchant
    Under Development...

Thanks
    hmm some very nice daggers i am defo ganna be goin dagger when i hit 50 ganna give up my PvP build and go for burst dmg / +% to crit talents

any tips or talent builds?

Thanks
    talent builds are a very personal thing depending on how liek to play the games, bu tlargely importnat on what weapons you use obviusly, my thoughts though

for pvp (although you say your giving it up..)
    5 rapid concealment,
    5 MOD
    5 camouflage,
    ^^^these 3 are nearly essential id say for gettin around safe and killign without gettin n00bed when regening
    the get imp ambush, sap, cheapshot, and preparation, improved sap is godly for imobilizing an enemythats near another, you keep your stealth so youve got a massive boost to chances of killing your enemy, also at 60 i think sap lasts for 45 seconds, your gona have loads of time to kill your first one, stealth sit down and then take the next one, imp ambush will make you piss yourself, PLUS 60% to crit when ambushing, with a shanker and aroudn 20 to crit anyway, your goan crit your ambush 4 times out of 5, thats liek 2000ish on any cloth wearer with a combo point or two to spare, kidney shotting the mages and gouging the priests, (no matter how much the priest heals or tries to run, if he doesnt run into a friend you have him) then finishing them off easily, improved cheap shot is pretty cool cos its a costly move to pull off when opening, but dont get greedy, knwo your place in pvp, see a druid getin attacked by a warrioir, use cheap shot, your ambush wont be that effective, its better to stun him SS him, kidkey shot him, the druid can then heal you till you get support, ut trying to outdmg the wariori when your hiting plate and hes hittign leather isnt that smart

those are all teh essential ones really for pvp but lookiona gain at thsi poitn calculator..

pick up improved sinister strike, maes them only cost 30, so you can get more in quicker, always useful for any build, moreso for sword spec, also for pvp, you want remoresless strikes, imp vis and malice from assasination definitly, remorseless strikes for pvp is pretty laughable, it raises your chance to crit by 40% or something i think after kiling somethign that gives experience (or in pvp as well) that with imp ambush and your base crit takes you to over 100% probly) so your gaurenteed to ambush high, or if your seen after kiling something gouge it, then get a crit backstab leathality ruthlessness and murder are pretty key too and well useful for pvp, obviosly no-one likes missing and with a crit build getting extra combo points for you actions is pretty usefull, then theres cold blood, the daddy of them all, its pretty easy to get 5 points on an enemy as you know, but a cirt ambush and a coupel of SS's and a crit eviscerate and anythign that walks in cloth or leather is toast, even hunters actually as well come to thjink of it, i love hunters in pvp

most of what ive talked about up there is more dagger orientated, but for swords (as youll see ther are a few nice high lvl swords when you get up the ranks) youd NEED dual wield secialization, i always loved deflection and riposte too, somehow it was bugged, after you parried an attack which you deo pretty often, you can disarm them, but it was weird, you coudl kill the guy and you coudl stil disarm someone else, the ability would be available for 10 seconds or so, and disarming anythign that uses a 2h weapon is piss funny disarming dagger rogues who have no dual wield spec is also pretty cool, they die almost certainly unless they vanish (damn rogues )

gotta capitalize this: YOU NEED TO ALWAYS HAVE CRIPPLING POISON TWO ON BOTH YOUR WEAPONS EVERY ROUND OF PVP, it is essential, 12 seconds of 30% run speed at 30% to hit is stupidly funny, it helps so much in wsg, no longer can dudes run for help paladins cant run away with their bubble and mages can blink but get nowhere fast

for 50-60 grinding, feralas - felwood

at 50 i had my thrash balde and lifeforce dirk iirc, great weaposn to fgrind with, always have your poison on, slice and dice is usefull always remember that, keeping blinding powder at all times is pretty essential too, for gridning i foudn preparation to be pretty cool too, it meant you could survive an added mob or take down one quicker, as a fight coudl eb based on an ambush and CB evis, which meant u sustained littlle damage and regened quicker and thus grinded better, also before you go anywhere to gridn, go to origrammer, /who mage 50-60, and pester them for sum sweet rolls, take as many as theyll give you, and USE THEM, theyll disapear when you log out and even if you 3/4 health full eat one, it only takes a second, keep a few potiosn with you too if you can, superioir or major are always good for when your caught unawares, and if worst comes to worst, gouge and use a bandage, you can get 5 seconds of bandaging in when the mob is gouged, which coudl turn the battle, not sure if ive said it already but poisons! they are really usefull for grinding

kinda lost my origianl point inmy ways of doing things but thats a bit of help, feel free to ask more questions, not beign able to play wow is deadly, but giving advice makes it bearable
    Under Development...

Thanks
    Alot of good advice there and also good to know that alot of things i already do you advise on shows im goin the right way about this.

My fights from level 35 - 45 consisted of Stun locks, playing with the monster/player with stuns and gouge effects. I have had MOD since level 10, 1st thing i EVER put talent on to with a rogue even when re spec'in so i dont forget to do it at the end but i used Duel maces with duel wield spec talent (which IMO is one of my best talents 120+ dmg from off hand on a normal attack) but also the 6% chance to stun on attack with maces, well with 2 im sure u can imagine the effects I could kill anything my level using this combo.

Cheap shot, SS (till 4 combo points), Gouge, regen energy, kidney punch, SS (till 3 combo), gouge, energy regen, evis... dead, normally dont take a hit sometimes resists and calls to take a hit but i could do some serious damage in PvP without taking a single point of damage

Now im sword basted with the 6% for an extra strike and also i would like to say how much adrenaline rush ROCKS! put it and and just keep hitting SS till 5 points and evis then repeat... i took down a warrior 2 levels higher then me (49 when i was 47) before he even had change to take me to half health, didnt use evasion or anything else just Rush, SS and Evis in PvP i wouldnt recomment anything else for a combat rogue

I also have Imp Gouge, i get around 5.7 seconds to bandage which puts me back up on health ALOT and not to mention a quick Blind then Canibalize which is another 10 seconds of health regen

I got myself a priest friend that i ALWAYS quest with aswell not to mention that she makes potions for me major healing swift potions mongoose potions (OMG i love these) defence potions invis potions and standard +25 Agil potions so im kitted out that way all the time.. and i mean all the time.

Poisons i dont even leave town with under 10 instant and 20 crip (only rank 1 ONLY 2 more levels till rank 2 though ) same with blinding and flash powder (having the priest giving me many fadeleaf every time i log back its in my mail box) infinate supplys there and have 4 spaces for flash powder.. im a vanish whore, I use it in battle more then escaping out of battle. I also use it in PvP quite close to the start of the fight for full stun locking using cheap shot then gouge, kidney punch, vanish and cheap shot but thats only if im in 1 on 1 PvP, anything more and i will only use if they try and attack our healer or mage

Imp SS = must have, nuff said

Question for you which did you find faster for getting exp? grinding or questing..

For the last 4 levels I have only done quests if it involves a certain area that I want to grind in, I will get a bag of food make all my bandages get my poisons ready and fill my bags with potions and a few other things needed to keep myself alive in bad situations.

I have 2x 16 slot bags and 3x 14, the 3 14 slots are filled with poisons potions and powders, My 1st 16 slot bag holds (at this is at all times ) 100+ Mageweave bandages 50+ heavy silk bandages my HS and as much food as i can fit in there, last 16 slot is for drops (not much space -.-) but the bags that are filled are always full of stuff i always use and not pointless crap

Thanks
    Dupe post, It even had the cheeky to tell me it was a dupe damn joo hexus!
    Last edited by Kaine (AoD); 04-11-2005 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks
    Finally hit 50 last night and one third of the way to 51, ganna give ma buddys a shout tonight just to see how hard it is to get over to barman and then depending on what happens after that will see if im good enough to take him down.

I already got my + stealth boots which is handy +8% faster speed (general speed not mount speed) and im goin to respec tonight for more stealthy moves.

I think the main things I will be needing is plenty of flash powder and blinding powder to start with items wise.

Talents i think im goin to put on, Imp sprint, vanish. MoD, camo and rapid cons.. they are the main things im going to need i would have said.

I think tactics are going to involve mostly the 2 rogues at 60 using distract and me trying to if needs be, if something sees me and breaks my stealth im going to have to Vanish, sprint, removed stealth (still with vanish effects on, by the time my vanish effects have run out my stealth will be back up with rapid cons talent) then after that its just a waiting game untill my vanish cooldown is over and repeat.

I May also see if I can get a higher level druid to come along aswell for res purposes and healing also the fact of stealth! if we can make it there then there shouldnt be any problems but we shall see what happens when the time comes

wish me luck -.-

Page 10 of 121 FirstFirst ... 789101112132030405060110 ... LastLast

Thread Information