• Corsair 850W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 690 II
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 23"

Asus P8P67 PRO return question

I looked for a sticky / similar topic but couldn't find anything.

I become aware of the chip set issues with launch sandybridge motherboards shortly after purchasing, i now know that the B3 revisions are now available.

Have a few queries.
    1. Do I process the board as an RMA? or have you a separate replacement scheme available?
    2. I bought the board along with the i5 2500k OEM as a bundle, will I have to return the processor as well?
    3. Do i have a say in the replacement? Is it like for like? or can i choose a different board and pay the difference? (bearing in mind it was part of a bundle)
    4. Do you have stock & what's the typical turnaround time? I have a spare computer I can use for the time being, so no major issues there.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Re: Asus P8P67 PRO return question

Q. 1The following link should answer your queries
    http://forums.hexus.net/scan-care-he...t-chipset.html

Q2 - Only the board needs to be returned
    Q3 - Like for like
    Q4 - Direct with SCAN is next day as you arrange an RMA for your board and re-purchase from SCAN at the advertised price

Best Regards

Thanks

I understand that Gigabyte, MSI and Asus (US) are providing an advance swap out procedure whereby you pay for a new board and they provide a refund when the old board is returned. It sounds like reasonable customer care ensuring the minimum of downtime.

Asus are dragging their feet on this one and I suspect will alienate a lot of loyal UK customers.

The assumption appears to be that they can get away with a lower level of customer service in the UK. Asus are suggesting a minimum of 7-10 days or longer for the return of the replacement board! Surely Scan is best placed to point out the error of their approach.

I have two boards to swap and I think that along with many others trusted the reassurances on the Scan site that the swap out would be handled with minimal disruption. Scan continued to benefit from the cash flows from Sandybrige sales that would have been absent at a particularly quiet trading time, had we not purchased with a reasonable assumption that inconvenience would be minimal (in addition to the work required to swap the board.)

The Asus registration process also appears to be requesting confirmation that packaging and accessories? will be returned. What's all that about?

Come on Scan.... help your customers.

A second question...if I have purchase Scansure with my orders does it cover me whilst I am executing the board swap?

Thanks

Lozboz2

You have the option of either a direct swap out with the manufacturer at the same cost, with a delay - We appreciate the delay isn't the preferred scenario, however this is the case and to remind you that you can continue to use your system as you have been doing until the replacement is available from the manufacturer to prevent down time.

Alternatively you can return your board to SCAN for a full refund and re-purchase a new board from SCAN at the advertised cost. NEW stock has cost us more, which is reflected in the selling price, we are not making a higher margin out of this situation, simply our cost has increased.

Scan sure remains for a period of 28 days, covering accidental damage. The policy is per basket and is not extendible, transferable or applicable to warranty replacement's including Sandy Bridge replacements.

All of this has already been discussed in a number of threads.

Best Regards

Registered+
    Thanks
    • NeoVo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8P67 Pro
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k @ 4.6Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 80GB Intel G2 + 2x1TB F3's
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 470
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 850W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 690 II
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 23"

Must admit, I am shocked by ASUS's stance on the swap out procedure.

Seems like were getting shafted either way, if I want my board back quicker - I have to send it back and pay postage costs, and then pay extra for the board replacement (even higher extra cost because I bought the CPU + board as a bundle together)

The replacements costs are surely covered by Intel anyway as they have admitted they are at fault..? I can understand its more workload for the companies which sell the products but for the sake of customer satisfaction, you'd expect better.

Nevermind, will probably sit back for a couple of weeks and see if the stance changes - either at Scan or Asus.

Thanks

Just to confirm:

it would possible to return a p8h67-pro board to scan, get a refund and purchase a Z68 board for example (when they are out) ?

scan-sure wouldn't be available on the new board purchase as it is part of the rma replacement ?

Would free postage apply to the replacement (if you have free postage for avforums users for example)

Just weighing up my options regarding swapping with asus or scan. thanks.

Thread Information