• Operating System:
      • Win 8.1 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC 24" G-Sync
      • Internet:
      • 80/20mb Plusnet (Full sync)

City Link Delivery Farce

Well here's A little tale about the joke that is city link,

My order was dispatched on time yesterday PM scheduled for delivery today. I checked the City link website around 11am and it displayed "loaded onto a van for delivery today" at 10:30 am Friday 6/7/7.

However by 6pm the parcel still hadn't arrived, I tried phoning the depot (being refrrred thier by cust services) throughout the day but no repsonse ,and I tried 20+ times !!!!
    So as I live 100 metres from the depot only - I walked round to see what was going on.

I found that the parcel had not even been loaded onto a van and was just sitting in an empty cage at the back of a warehouse!!
    The only explanation the dim witted city link depot worker offered was that they had some agency workers in.
    Anyway I claimed my parcel, but this whole procedure has made a mockery of the online tracking system (if I hadn't have gone to investigate what would have happend to my parcel ??)
    I wasted a whole day and only the fortunate coincidence of living so near to the depot so I could pop round enabled me to have the parcel ontime like I paid for.

However I paid to have it delivered to ME, and city link failed to even attempt this and offered no regrets or even apologised.

Needless to say its been a frusatrating day and a frustrating week with Scan (due to other issues with my graphics card)

I very much doubt I'll consider buying anything from Scan ever again becuase my confidence in them has just hit rock bottom.

Shame because theres so many helpful people in these forums.

I'd love to show up on here with some good news but its just not happening for me at the moment

Thanks
    No one is perfect, but ive had more problems with citylink than anyone else. Including smashed cases, ram that could not have been more destroyed if I took a hammer to it, the delivery guy driving straight past the house and insisting to have left a card because I was not in. Then not apologising after i collected the parcel. Ridiculous people.

3700+ A64 @ 2.9 1.55v / 7900GT @ 650/850 / ASUS MYPAL A730W / Iiyama 19" CRT
    Zalman Reserator 1+ / Logitech Z5500 Digital / Audigy 2 ZS / 900GB Maxtor HDDs

Thanks
    • slickric21's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87 GD65
      • CPU:
      • 4770k 4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill Trix 2666mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 evo (x3)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 970 Gaming
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 800w
      • Case:
      • Lian Li
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8.1 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC 24" G-Sync
      • Internet:
    Well at least i'm not the only one then.

I was begining to think the Scan & Citylink had some sort of grudge against me.

Funny I've never had any delivery woes with anyone else...........

Thanks
    you would think being a company who thrives on customer satisfaction they would review the citylink situation, i agree with the scan employees that the citylink service could be excellent in parts on the country, but why should you settle for lets say 90% satisfaction ? i have had numerous problems with citylink, if i ever recieve anything i make the guy wait til i have checked the parcel, and double checked its contents before i sign for it. If i order anything from anywhere and they have a choice of services i either chose royal fail ( has been alright for me so far ) or another courier so i can avoid using sh1tty link

Thanks
    City link have their problems, but so does every other courier out there. City link have one of the lower failure rates of the courier choices out there.

There is no such thing as a perfect courier, so scan have to choose the best one they can. They could replace them with several other companies and the failure rates wouldn't change much.

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet
    Not to mention, some of the other carriers might get an even higher delivery success rate the the expense of the contents of the parcel. Take Parceline, really really high level of next day delivery success (out of our 150 parcels a day, about 145 make it there next day and that's taking out all failures, including "sorry you weren't in cards"). However, I have to make claims for damaged parcels about 10 times a week and we've had one or two parcels stolen by agency drivers.

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable
    this is all because city link sold all the branches, staff hate there job, i cant use them as they steal laptops on a regular basis, 1 a week went missing from the last company, well at least 1 a week...

Darkside Member
    Thanks
    • Gunwitch's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte 870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II x4 Quad Cor
      • Memory:
      • 8gig Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • 500gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1024meg 560TI DS Superclocked
      • PSU:
      • NorthQ 850 Black Magic Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Cibox C2201D 22
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Cable
    You get good and bad.

I ordered a whole new rig for the wife. Agency driver shows up 40 minutes late and then makes me pick the parcels fromt eh van and carry them to my house.

So i made him stand there for 20 minutes while i unpacked everything, and doubled checked it, then signed for it. He just stood there tapping his feet looking annoyed. Just grinned and told him he can wait.

Second time, city link drive up, mega early, smile on the guys face, with my new g-card, lets me check it and then lets me sign for it with no impatience whatsoever.

Just hoping the new rig i've just ordered get teh same treatment.

So you get good and bad drivers with any courier company. I've seen what parcel farce do with their parcels and Omega.

And Scan do have to think of the bigger picture. If we, Hexus users) get free delivery then we don't really have much to moan about if it's late, but if it's damaged then we do and Scan 10 out of 10 times sort it for us.
    [QUOTE]Clunk - If you hold a bright light up to the grills on the back, with the monitor off, they will fly out, unless they are dead, in which case, they wont.[QUOTE]

Combat Revolution: www.combatrevolution.net

Registered+
    Thanks
    Touch wood I have never had a problem with them. Its all been good, I think you were more unlucky than anything. Do you think the UK's number on etailer would use a crap service, of course not as it is not good business practice.

Thanks
    PLEASE end the general Cty Link comments.. so we an keep this thread open to deal with the original posters issues

Searching previous threads will address the points raised here ...

THANKS guys ....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slickric21 View Post
    Well here's A little tale about the joke that is city link,

My order was dispatched on time yesterday PM scheduled for delivery today. I checked the City link website around 11am and it displayed "loaded onto a van for delivery today" at 10:30 am Friday 6/7/7.

However by 6pm the parcel still hadn't arrived, I tried phoning the depot (being refrrred thier by cust services) throughout the day but no repsonse ,and I tried 20+ times !!!!
    So as I live 100 metres from the depot only - I walked round to see what was going on.

I found that the parcel had not even been loaded onto a van and was just sitting in an empty cage at the back of a warehouse!!
    The only explanation the dim witted city link depot worker offered was that they had some agency workers in.
    Anyway I claimed my parcel, but this whole procedure has made a mockery of the online tracking system (if I hadn't have gone to investigate what would have happend to my parcel ??)
    I wasted a whole day and only the fortunate coincidence of living so near to the depot so I could pop round enabled me to have the parcel ontime like I paid for.

However I paid to have it delivered to ME, and city link failed to even attempt this and offered no regrets or even apologised.

Needless to say its been a frusatrating day and a frustrating week with Scan (due to other issues with my graphics card)

I very much doubt I'll consider buying anything from Scan ever again becuase my confidence in them has just hit rock bottom.

Shame because theres so many helpful people in these forums.

I'd love to show up on here with some good news but its just not happening for me at the moment
    Sorry to hear of the problems you have had here...

If you would PM me the invoice number we will look into this for you directly with City Link to find out what went wrong and see if we can stop this from happening in the future

Best Regards

Thanks
    • slickric21's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z87 GD65
      • CPU:
      • 4770k 4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill Trix 2666mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 evo (x3)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 970 Gaming
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 800w
      • Case:
      • Lian Li
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8.1 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC 24" G-Sync
      • Internet:
    I'd just like to add that Scan have sorted the original issue out with city-link who have agreed to refund me the Carriage costs of this "botched" delivery,

So all in all I would say a satisfactory conclusion to the issue.

Thanks for all Scan employees who have been very helpful and quick to deal with my query.

Thread Information