Thread: Delayed Order

Thanks

Delayed Order

I ordered several items on Tuesday 2nd October, to be delivered Friday 5th October, and paid £9.93 delivery fee

I have now recieved an e-mail to say that the delivery will be delayed. I understand that it's because of warehouse problems? Why wasn't that made clear when I placed the order

Invoice number: **removed**

Could you look into this for me
    Last edited by DavidM; 05-10-2007 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks

Re: Delayed Order

mabel

I have sent a status update via e-mail..

Best Regards

Thanks

Hi
    Thanks for the reply
    The email states that the logitech mouse is out of stock........when the order was place it was in stock
    3 days to let me know ? and then only after a posting on the web
    £9.93 delivery and no sign of the goods since placing the order on 2/10 is not good enough.
    l

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

These things happen mabel..tbh when ever I have had some sort of problem with orders from scan i do get emails, they tend to all be bulked into one email as and when they come in.

Thanks

yes they do.........i have ordered parts over 15 years and spent £000s and my expectations are quite high

I have used novatech in the past and found them to be excellent... of course there have been problems but they have been not been of novatechs making and they even delivered on a saturday free of charge when a power supply had missing leads and refunded the original courier fee

Scan have offered no financial recompense only a variety of excuses from unexpected volumes in our warehouse ??? to an item out of stock. I shall not be using them again
    They are cheaper and offer more choice but at what cost

Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Your making out as if its the end of the world, but its not.

As far as am aware SCAN are still implementing the new warehouse and these things take time.

Tbh I dont see why they would have to refund you...its not like they have delivered a faulty product and wont take it back..its a simple issue of them either not having the stock in or due to the amount of orders they cant get yours out.

Thanks
    • not_my_ip's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E8200 @3.21
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 2GB 800 TwinX
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 7500
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 8800GT
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Liberty 400W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Swing
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hanns G HU196D
      • Internet:
      • Adsl24

Hello , I have been reading lots this kind of post "delay of delivery". In few weeks amount of this posts are really big. I can understand that's something like this can happen (I was victim of this by myself), but it looks like no body can be sure when the goods will be delivered, and what if someone need item as a gift , order few weeks before to be sure??
    Maybe some one from Scan can explain why this things do happen. I understand that you implementing new warehouse, but I thing that's customers should not be affected by this. Specially when next day delivery doesn't mean that's goods will arrive next day.
    Scan has a very good prices and we were given lots of proofs , how CS is doing a great job. But most of us would like to get our "toys" as soon as possible.
    So, anyone from Scan would like to comment and add some info, can we can expect improvement in deliveries ??
    Regards

PS. Sorry for stealing topic

Thanks

Disturbed guy.........of course its not the end of the world......dont be so patronising

bad service is bad service.......if they are having warehouse problems why not say that when i placed the order then its my choice to go elsewere or wait.To give excuses after the fact is bad business practice. They are quick enough to debit my card even though an item was not in stock
    if we dont complain then nothing will be done to improve things. whats the point of having these forums if your answer is "its not the end of the world".. absolutely none.
    a goodwill gesture would make me think again about using them.......bad service is just as annoying as faulty goods sometimes

ps thank you not_my_ip for your comments
    Last edited by mabel; 05-10-2007 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

I have ordered 2 in the past 2 weeks..not large amounts of money but recieved the first item on time and the second should be arriving soon as it was dispatched today.

The second item however had a problem, payment authorization..so i contacted Lee via PM on here, we exchanged pms all the time lee was trying to help me, he checked the details i used, I then suggested that the order be cancelled so i can re order the itme plus another item that i needed.

Again, there was the same problem..so this time i phoned up and got a quick explanation as to the problem, during this time lee had already found out and pm'ed me on here.

SCAN arent going to turn business away are they? The fact is, they cant predict when they are going to have warehouse or stock issues, they just do there best to insure that everyone gets the parcel they ordered..on time and undamaged.

Talk about irony just checking emails as typing this and got a delayed notification email..which is baffling as i have already had an email saying item successfully dispatched :S

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_ip View Post
    ..... and what if someone need item as a gift , order few weeks before to be sure??
    By and large, when you order, any estimated delivery dates are just that ... an estimate. You can't hold a company to them.

So .... if you're buying a gift, you have three choices :-

1) Take a chance and hope.

2) Buy locally and not via mail order. Of course, it may cost more.

3) Stipulate on the order the date by which you require delivery and make delivery by that date "of the essence".

If a contract has that "essential" element of the delivery date, then the supplier will be in breach of contract if they fail to meet that date, and you can sue as a result.

This, of course, is why you'll rarely find the ability to put ad-hoc notes like that on an internet order, but you could if you order by letter, fax, email, etc.

HOWEVER .... because that puts a legal liability on a company to meet such a deadline, you'll quite likely find that they'll decline to accept such an order with that condition. And they'll be quite within their rights to decline such an order.

Most mail-order operations are all about minimising costs, and anything that goes outside a standard system tends to incur extra costs. That's part of the trade-off of a low-cost operation. At least to some extent, you're sacrificing customer service at the altar of low prices. Of course, there are minimal levels of customer service that still generally provide a decent level of customer satisfaction, and then there are those that will fight tooth and nail to avoid doing anything beyond shipping the goods and taking your money. If you want to have an element of responsiveness in the event of problems, rather than a deafening silence from the company's customer service department, then it pays to find a company that at least TRIES to give good service.

I've never (yet) bought from Scan and have no axe to grind either way, but my perception from reading here a lot is that while, yes, there've been problems, there does seem to be a sincere effort to deal with them and to keep customers happy. I doubt any company can claim 100% success in that effort, but I've seen quite some number of threads that have started out with a rant from a customer and ended up with that same customer thanking one of the Scan representatives here for sorting it. That, I have to say, impresses me, because at the very least they seem to genuinely TRY. And, often, succeed.

Personally, if I wanted something to be guaranteed by a given date, I wouldn't order from Scan (especially until these "warehousing" problems are sorted). I'd buy locally .... and probably pay a bit more. But if delivery date wasn't critical, then I'm impressed by what I see of them.

Oh, and this is a PERSONAL opinion.

Banned
    Thanks

Give Scan a break will you. Problems happen from time to time, we are only human!!

I for one have had problems but give credit where it is due, Scan have a superb workforce which include the great guys who look after us here on the forums and the Customer service dept.

They really went out of thier way to sort out the minor problems i had (They always seem huge when they appear!!).

Mabel, Scan cannot be beaten for great Pricing and an awesome backup service of a great bunch of dedicated staff. Out of all the orders i have placed with them i would have been very surprised if i didn't have a few hiccups along the way!! I do place lots of orders with Scan and 99.9% go through smoothly.

They are in the process of updating thier system / warehouse and that will take time. Like all good things, sometimes we just have to be patient and understanding that eventually things will smooth out with the new systems at Scan.

Thanks

Ok seeing as i started this i'll have the last word

If the goods arrive on monday as promised then I'll consider using them again. Sticking to delivery dates is very important to me . When these things happen and you spend a lot of money it does get overblown and seeing as there is a PC World only 10mins away i'm often asked why bother with on line retailers. As Koolpc says they are cheaper but the choice is the overiding factor . Theres no pushy salesman and no better half nagging you !!

Anyway take care all of you

Cheers

Thanks

mabel

I appreciate your position and once again would like to extend my sincere apologies for the awkward situation you have faced, due to the stock problems we have experienced. We are still showing that we have 1 of the LN 9750 - Logitech 904368-0914, Marble Optical Mouse, 800dpi, PS2/USB 1.1/2.0, 2 Buttons, Silver physically in stock, which is why it may show to be available on our systems and the website. However, our Warehouse Manager discovered this to be a stock discrepancy. I would like to assure you that we accepted your order with the best intentions of fulfilling and meeting the Estimated dispatch Date calculated for you at the point of ordering. I can assure you the delay in your order was not intentional, and every customer we have is greatly valued and we do process orders with the utmost urgency.

At this stage I would like to try and explain our position a little further to address the issues you have presented. Over the past few years, as our business has increased enormously, our Directors have recognised the importance of a greater organisation and communication internally and there has been a massive overhaul of our internal structure. The focus has been on improving communication between departments, through the implementation of several new integrated systems and an improved inter-department structure, which will enable us to process orders and returns much more efficiently than before.

Please be assured that our normal level of service and turnaround efficiency for orders will resume very shortly when we've caught up on the volumes downstairs and got all this building work done in the new warehouse. Ironically enough, the disruptions of this very building work is what has caused most of the delays in picking we've had over the last few weeks, but this building work is also the biggest thing we've done in many years which will actually push us forward and help us get 100% better in our dispatch and the efficiency of our picking dept. I guess sometimes it's a case of taking 1 step backwards then 2 steps forward in situations like this, but I assure you sincerely that we're getting there and we won't rest until we've got back to our normal Scan standard!

I am very sorry about the disappointment you have experienced and I truly hope your faith has not been dented beyond repair we do not wish to lose you as a customer. Our growth and development over the past 20 years has been largely due to return business from long-standing customers. We hope we can still look forward to your business in the future and thank you once again for your patience and understanding despite the delay.

If you ever need anything at all in the future please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

EDIT: I have also sent this information directly via E-mail, along with an offer, which I hope is to your satisfaction

Thread Information