Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dont believe the costomer service claims from scan.

Thanks

Re: Dont believe the costomer service claims from scan.

Quote Originally Posted by Madafwo View Post
    It does sound like a dead motherboard, no beeps at all and looking at the motherboards compatibility listing everything looks fine. (Have checked your other thread, where you lay into Scan again and then request help from their forum)

Having looked at this it does look like Scan are offering the get all 3 items back in just incase one of the other items could be causing the issue or be faulty as well. How annoyed would you be if you sent the board back, got a replacement and then found out the memory was also causing an issue? I can guarantee that you'd be seriously pissed off and no doubt blame Scan for it, even though all they have done is get it from a supplier and sell it on to you.

It's annoying to see a large number of people lay into the Scan team for various reasons and then expect them to bend over backwards to get it sorted for them.

I hope your issue does get sorted and quickly too as it is very frustrating when things go wrong, expecially with a system that you have been looking forward to getting working.

With regards to postage you might want to check out Parcels 2 Go to see if they could offer a cheaper rate.
    What is getting me angry is all these "customer is always right" and free collection and "free delivery" claims while Im getting treated like a muppet.

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofmaxwell View Post
    What is getting me angry is all these "customer is always right" and free collection and "free delivery" claims while Im getting treated like a muppet.
    Fair enough, but give either ChrisP, Wesley Aldred or Lee @ Scan a shout - they've helped me in the past no end. Those guys should be able to get you sorted and back to enjoying what you've bought

Thanks
    • Madafwo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6TD Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 24Gb Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Drive of some description
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX560Ti 448 Core
      • PSU:
      • Corsair VX 550W
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 40" TV
      • Internet:
      • O2 8Mb @ 8Mb

The free delivery offer is open to those that contribute to the hexus forums, as you've only just joined us on here you wouldn't qualify just yet, once you meet the requirements set out here, you will be able to get it (if you were to ever purchase from Scan again) after signing up here.

I just want the customer service and free return delivery for their faulty items that their plants brag about. I dont want to spend £15 plus recorded delivery charge for them to reject my parcel because the motherboard box is a bit bent as I tried building the system in it. Then get held to ransom to pay 25% restock fee blarr blarr blarr.
    You say you feel treated like a muppet but how? You say that Scan's tech support is useless but don't go into much detail and it looks like you have taken some of the details in the e-mail the wrong way, without actually questioning any of it and saying Scan are trying to "Scam" you.

It most likely is the case that Scan are covering all the bases in terms of returning items in one e-mail so you don't have to recieve 70,000 of them outlining every scenario such as rejecting goods, returning them for a refund or anything. You wouldn't be charged a re-stocking fee if the items are being replaced, because they wont be restocked, they would be replaced.

As dave87 said, its best to speak to the guys on the phone again or wait until one of the Scan guys can get here on monday, although from previous experience don't expect anything dead on 9 as first thing on Mondays I imagine can be quite busy. You've attacked Scan quite harshly without actually chatting to someone about getting your issues resolved.
    Last edited by Madafwo; 13-01-2008 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks
    • grayg1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LX
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • 24GB Patriot Viper 3 (x2 8GB, x2 4GB)
      • Storage:
      • Crucial 240GB M500 | 1TB Samsung F3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX650
      • Case:
      • Nanoxia DS1

dont want to spend £15 plus recorded delivery charge for them to reject my parcel because the motherboard box is a bit bent as I tried building the system in it. Then get held to ransom to pay 25% restock fee blarr blarr blarr.
    Read what I said at the bottom of the first page

Thanks
    • donkiddik's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V PRO
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 3570K at 4.0GHz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Jet Black 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • 1 Samsung ssd 500Gb 1 Samsung SSD 256gb 2 x Samsung spinpoint 500gb sata
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 8Gb GTX1070 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • Corsair VX 750
      • Case:
      • Aerocool Aero 800 Grey
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp LED IPS 23" Monitor U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • BT

I've used them several times and found them to be very good, the only let down was the delay in delivery from citylink. Scan then took it onto themselves to get my postage refunded due to the late delivery. All in all a good experience.
    Cave canem!

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Who has said the customer is always right?

Who has made claims about free collection?

And, just to be clear, you are entitled to free delivery IF you qualify for it, but (at least, as yet) you don't. It's a perk given to HEXUS members as part of the provision of support forums here.

As for free collections, there is no automatic right to free collection. However, you have some legal protection from the law of the land and, under some circumstances, you'd be entitled to insist on it.

It was also pointed out that you could have cancelled the order had you acted within 7 working days. Your response was :-

B) I didnt even know of a 7 day refund period as Im a busy student not a person who looks up small print on the countless people who can possibally set conditions on a computer component purchase.
    The 7-day refund period is not some small print. Again, it's the law of the land. You will have had an email informing you of that as part of your order process, and the information is on Scan's website. It's also on hundreds of other websites, and has been discussed here many times. But, Scan can't be held responsible for your failure to know that if you neither understand your rights nor bother to read the emails you get about orders.

Let me make one thing clear. As an Administrator of the HEXUS forums, I spend quite a bit of time reading threads in this part of the board, as I do other sections. But I have absolutely no association with Scan. I don't work for them, I've never met or spoken to anyone there and I've never bought anything from them.

I am not in any sense of the word a plant for Scan. And if you look back at some of my posts, you'll see where I've advised other people on what their rights are, even when it works against Scan.

I have no axe whatever to grind in this matter.

But in that time reading threads in here, one thing stands out very clearly to me. Scan work HARD to keep the level of customer satisfaction high. It isn't always possible, and doesn't always happen, but it is far and away the most common outcome.

ghostofmaxwell, you need to step back a bit, calm down and read things like that email you were sent about restocking fees, etc, in a different light. The light is this :-

- there are people that will attempt to take advantage of retailers, such as by damaging products and then claiming they were "broken", or by just changing their mind and claiming they are faulty.

- to protect themselves against that, any and every sensible retailer has a procedure for dealing with issues, AND a standard set of conditions that covers them in such circumstances.

- the fact that they have the right to use those conditions doesn't necessarily mean they will do so. But, if circumstances require it, they're covered. If they don't set that out up-front (whether the customer reads it or not) it's too late to start trying to introduce such conditions later. I mean it's too late legally.

So .... you've had a problem, and it seems, sat on it for quite a while. That has lost you your right to send it back within 7 days, not because of anything Scan say, but because that's what the law (Distance Selling Regulations) say.

You've then rung Scan and tried to sort it out, but it can be hard if not impossible to sort out many problems over the phone, especially where it might be that goods are simply faulty. So they've said to send it back. If the goods ARE faulty, and were when supplied to you, then Scan have no legal right to charge a restocking fee, because you can take them to court if they do. But that's contingent on them having been supplied faulty, and they won't know that until they inspect them.

I suggest you have a good read on these forums. Bear in mind that there'll be a fair few complaints, largely because a support forum like this is precisely where a lot of people come to complain. But take a good, hard look at how many of those complaints end up being resolved to the customer's satisfaction. At how many rants end up with an agreed solution. The number of complaints isn't much of an issue, but how they are handled certainly is. There are many retailers where posts such as yours would be deleted on sight - but Scan won't do that, and neither will I.

As for remarks about plants or stooges, I've checked out the accounts of those of whom you have made that accusation and can see no evidence, even from IP addresses, that these people have anything to do with Scan and plenty to suggest they don't. So perhaps you'll stop making unsupported allegations about HEXUS members, because part of our rules covers insulting our members. And that means that even if Scan don't take umbrage at it, I may well do. So please, stop the accusations and act politely towards other members.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by w3bbo View Post
    Scan, like any other busty retailer...
    Can't believe I'm the only one who saw fit to quote that...

Zak edit:I did....but bottled out

8. Received thanks from:

Zak33 (15-01-2008)

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Thats becxause you work for scans undercover post good things about them department?

Are you for real?
    I realise you are upset that you didnt check your components during the time expected.

Unfortunately for you though, any creditbility you had has now gone with ridiculous statements like that.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • p4ul's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 6GB DDR3 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 2TB, 3TB, 256GB SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD R9 290
      • PSU:
      • 800w
      • Case:
      • coolermaster cosmos rc-1000
      • Operating System:
      • windows 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • acer 24" lcd 2ms
      • Internet:
      • 10.5mbps

Ive never had any problems with scan so far, both recent orders i made with them went smoothly and with free postage too!

Thanks

1stly The claims for collection of components are on this very forum, here is just one:
    Quote Originally Posted by sammie337
    I had the same thing with a motherboard although mine was sent via City Link, I too wasn't impressed it was picked up at Scans expense and I got refunded.

So in the end all was well but at the time it always seems worse than what it is.

Hope you get sorted soon.

2ndly There is no way in the world I could have known the components were faulty 7 days after purchase as I had only recieved Gigabytes tech support telling me what I had already done about 10 times before(remove all but 1 stick of RAM and CPU blarr blarr blarr), by then.

3rdly for the people confused, there is an old buisness practice called "the customer is always right". I didnt invent the phrase.

Does he need a reason? Funkstar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Funkstar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte EG45M-DS2H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Quad Q9550 (2.83GHz)
      • Memory:
      • 8GB OCZ PC2-6400C5 800MHz Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 650GB Western Digital Caviar Blue
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512MB ATI Radeon HD4550
      • PSU:
      • Antec 350W 80+ Efficient PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec NSK1480 Slim Mini Desktop Case
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 + 2408 monitors
      • Internet:
      • Zen 8mb

3rdly for the people confused, there is an old buisness practice called "the customer is always right". I didnt invent the phrase.
    And whoever did coin the phrase was an idiot. The customer is not always right, in fact a lot of the time the customer is completely wrong.

This is not a comment on your problem, so please don't read it like that, I'm merely commenting on that statement

Thanks

well i hope you get something sorted, my final order with scan was end of last year, wont be using them again no matter how much of a bargain the item is.

If you dont get any luck with Scan try Gigabyte directly, I did have a problem with a flashed bios on a DS3 and it was out of warranty, I just had to pay £5 delivery and they sent me a replacement within a week. Their support is very good, up there with Logitech and Akasa in my books

Thanks

Perhaps that chap got his board picked up free because he wasn't rude to the staff and other board members.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu2003 View Post
    well i hope you get something sorted, my final order with scan was end of last year, wont be using them again no matter how much of a bargain the item is.

If you dont get any luck with Scan try Gigabyte directly, I did have a problem with a flashed bios on a DS3 and it was out of warranty, I just had to pay £5 delivery and they sent me a replacement within a week. Their support is very good, up there with Logitech and Akasa in my books
    It will be a cold day in hell before I order anything of the internet again, fullstop. I thought I had finally licked the scammers by checking ot several sources of reviews, but I am convinced they are all payed off now.

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

It will be a cold day in hell before I order anything of the internet again, fullstop. I thought I had finally licked the scammers by checking ot several sources of reviews, but I am convinced they are all payed off now.

So you now think you have been scammed!
    Every word you write makes you look that much sillier.

This 'WHINE' thread should be locked as its pointless.
    Last edited by Blitzen; 14-01-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks

Dear Mr lucked-out Scam customer.

have kept cool for 7 weeks, through the technical support of all the manufactures saying the same useless thing, and scanner every support website for trouble shooting and possible compatable issues( there were none) and the passing of bucks and treating me like a moron I have taken. Now I exercise my right to call a spade a spade.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information