Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scan Warranty Failure

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Re: Scan Warranty Failure

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    Mike12345 wont be able to use hexus PM yet as he has not enough posts..
    He can now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike12345 View Post
    RMAs 191320 and 193132.

Not sure what format you prefer for private message (the Hexus MSN messenger activex control didn't work).
    In the normal run of things, you need 15 posts before you can use the PM system. One of the reasons for this is to prevent spammers joining up and immediately using PMs to spam.

However, it's clear you aren't a spammer, so I've enabled PMs for you to let you deal with this. If you aren't familiar with the system, you can find PMs under the "Private Message" option in the UserCP option in the menu bar (left hand side) towards the top of the screen.

Thanks

Thanks Saracen

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Mike12345

Please check your e-mail and reply to the collection e-mail. Please print, fill out, sign and return the attached disclaimer with the motherboard when being collected.

Regards

Registered+
    Thanks

This form you have asked me to sign, I understand from the wording that you are asking me to agree to the action, but not asking me to agree that my warranty is void.
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 27-01-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Link didn't work

Registered+
    Thanks

Whats happening with this then ? You received it on Tuesday, set RMA 195639 to awaiting credit auth on Wednesday and set the RMA to rejected on Friday.
    And I can't check it on your site.

Mike

Thanks

Re: Scan DON'T care

To add to the insult it wasn't even properly wrapped this time, the ASUS box was just put in a citylink bag and the accessories were dumped directly on top of the board inside, probably causing further damage.
    I recently had a replacement sent to me just like that (a £230 graphics card, the box was damaged as a result). I think it is unacceptable that Scan can return items to customers in just a CityLink bag but refuse items returned to them if they are not packaged inside an outer box, it doesn't show much care to be honest.

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

i got a brown box warped 2nd hand POS made by MSI as a warranty replacement for my XFX 8800GTX, it was loose inside the brown box, no padding and in a city link bag.. no accesories with it even though i sent back my retail box with all parts as instructed (well packaged), the pci bracket was sticking through the box where scan or city link had played football with it, needless to say i returned it and got stuffed with a partial refund.

utterly disgusted with the RMA and how it was sent out, even the fact they had the cheek to send a card that was shaped like a banana with the cheek to say it was personally checked b4 being sent, no amount of city link football can heat warp a card !

if only i got it from ebuyer as they would have given a full refund if they couldnt replace it with a new one.

based on that i try to buy products with good direct RMA's via scan now so i dont have to be put through this again as i have not been impressed by there RMA procedures compared to some other larger companies.

it does seem at times that scan dont care less when it comes to RMA's as there not making money out of it.

maybe room for serious improvement from scan and XFX

Thanks

sounds like a QC issue.

Im fairly sure there are sigs on the delivery paperwork inside the box. They should be able to see who has packed it up and take the appropriate action.

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU

The last RMA I did - it came back not properly packaged (no bubble wrap). Seems returns don't wrap as well as the normal despatch folk (you should resolve that scan)?
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks
    • strike-down's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VII Formula
      • CPU:
      • i7-4770k/H100i
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Corsair Dominator Plat 1800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 2x Samsung 850 pro RAID1, 2x HGST 4TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus GTX980 STRIX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • CM Storm Trooper
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer XB270H
      • Internet:
      • EE Fibre

I am seriously questioning ordering from scan with all this kerfuffle I've read about RMAs. Until now, Ive used overclock.co.uk (not to be confused with OCuk) and they have RMA'd items without second thought (including a striker extreme motherboard that scan would have said I would have damaged from reading this) Why/How would I blow up a chip intentionally???? Especially on my own motherboard. Overclock seem to recognise this, not sure why scan dont. When I received the replacement from overclock, it was packaged with even more care than their dispatch department.

Maybe this is just an anomoly, but seems pretty poor performance none the less.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dangel View Post
    The last RMA I did - it came back not properly packaged (no bubble wrap). Seems returns don't wrap as well as the normal despatch folk (you should resolve that scan)?
    Returns don't wrap at all that is handled by the normal despatch folk. I will speak with the department manager over this today.

Registered+
    Thanks

GoNz0:
    Direct manufacturer warranties are worth seeking out, unfortunately ASUS don't do them on their motherboards just laptops and things. They seem to be becoming more common, especially with graphics cards. However I would still seek out a retailer with a good returns record.

Scan called on Tuesday asking if SLI was a feature I needed on a replacement board since the line is no longer available. I said an Intel chipset would be fine and the man said he would email with a list of board options for me to choose. Instead I got an email next day offering a £55+vat refund. This was calculated since I had the use of the original motherboard for a year or so. If you add the vat and take off the expenses I incurred this gives me at most £50 towards a motherboard I paid £117 for - not really a full manufacturer's warranty. Nevertheless its a tempting offer to get a resolution on this. Will let you know what happens.

Registered+
    Thanks

All of this by gonzo fills me with dread regarding my current graphics card rma.

Hope the op gets this sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by GoNz0 View Post
    i got a brown box warped 2nd hand POS made by MSI as a warranty replacement for my XFX 8800GTX, it was loose inside the brown box, no padding and in a city link bag.. no accesories with it even though i sent back my retail box with all parts as instructed (well packaged), the pci bracket was sticking through the box where scan or city link had played football with it, needless to say i returned it and got stuffed with a partial refund.

utterly disgusted with the RMA and how it was sent out, even the fact they had the cheek to send a card that was shaped like a banana with the cheek to say it was personally checked b4 being sent, no amount of city link football can heat warp a card !

if only i got it from ebuyer as they would have given a full refund if they couldnt replace it with a new one.

based on that i try to buy products with good direct RMA's via scan now so i dont have to be put through this again as i have not been impressed by there RMA procedures compared to some other larger companies.

it does seem at times that scan dont care less when it comes to RMA's as there not making money out of it.

maybe room for serious improvement from scan and XFX

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

Quote Originally Posted by Sepulchre View Post
    All of this by gonzo fills me with dread regarding my current graphics card rma.

Hope the op gets this sorted out.
    so it should, and it should serve as a warning to others, at least scan have finally taken note after few others posted about there cards arriving unpackaged.

now lets hope they sort this, and also lets hope they sort out there refund policy of doing it many days after the RMA is closed.

i wouldnt mind if it took then 2 weeks to take funds from my bank account, but its gone straight away.

and then i find my posts edited as though im lying...

also recieving threats from scan staff via pm now *shock*

if i post in here again im banned :\
    Last edited by GoNz0; 30-01-2009 at 02:50 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

GoNz0:
    Direct manufacturer warranties are worth seeking out, unfortunately ASUS don't do them on their motherboards just laptops and things. They seem to be becoming more common, especially with graphics cards. However I would still seek out a retailer with a good returns record.

Scan called on Tuesday asking if SLI was a feature I needed on a replacement board since the line is no longer available. I said an Intel chipset would be fine and the man said he would email with a list of board options for me to choose. Instead I got an email next day offering a £55+vat refund. This was calculated since I had the use of the original motherboard for a year or so. If you add the vat and take off the expenses I incurred this gives me at most £50 towards a motherboard I paid £117 for - not really a full manufacturer's warranty. Nevertheless its a tempting offer to get a resolution on this. Will let you know what happens.
    I wouldn't be happy with that amount unless you were getting a board similar to the faulty one.

I agree that the refund process could be quicker. But overall Scan are a great company to deal with as far as i am concerned.
    Last edited by Koolpc; 30-01-2009 at 12:48 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Clockedtohell's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P67 UD7
      • CPU:
      • i7 2600K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengence 1600
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Corsair F60 and 2 x 2TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Crossfired MSI 5770 Hawk
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Rev 920
      • Case:
      • Enermax Hoplite
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 27" Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • 40Mb Fibre..I'm in love

I have to say having only been a member of the forum for a short while, there's no shortage of horror stories involving Scan and OCuk.....

Disappointing on all fronts really as the amounts of money aren't small potatoes!

Thread Information