• Operating System:
      • XP, Win7, WinXP, Linux
      • Monitor(s):
      • 30" Dell
      • Internet:
      • 8mb Pipex

Re: Asus Motherboard Blues

Hi All

I don’t want to add to this to confuse the issue but last year I ordered 2 Asus P5K-E from Scan and one arrived with bent pins under the protection cover, Luckily I deal in Mobile phone unlocking and had a Microscope and was able to tease the pins back into position, I think 3 were bent and went back fine but you could still see from the way light reflects of the surface of all the pins that they reflected a different way so were not 100% ok, but the board ran fine and still is.
    My point is as I say not to confuse the issue just to point out that bent pins can and do happen, I didn’t tell scan because of 2 reasons the first being they had been delivered the week my Father died and I had no chance to build the 2 PCs for quite a few days after I think several and the second reason is exactly what’s happened here, Do I tell scan and get blown off for not reporting and of course "They wont believe me anyway Syndrome".
    Please don’t think I am anti Scan as I am a good old friend of Shellys and I go back a Long long way with him Back to Little Lever in the days of 386 Cpu even before his brother got married, so I obviously have no axe to grind with him personally, but a lot of this is down to the way things are handled when they arrive at Scan by Scan employees unpacking everything to stick warranty stickers and take serial numbers, this is one of the reasons I don’t buy a lot from them these days, as half the time things arrive and they are missing bits or it looks like they sent you second hand goods as they are repackaged improperly.

I think the issue here is a very technical one and I for one would not like to say to customer "its your fault" when they obviously cannot say this with 100% conviction, I have built PCs before they were even called PCs 8086 and 8088 I even built my own Sinclair ZX80 and I have never inspected the whole PC motherboard for damage before building, I mean to physically inspect every connection and pin and track ect on a modern board is an all day job not to mention how far is inspect goods for damage supposed to go, a cursory glance or detailed analysis.

I think scan should get together with the seller and sort this out either way, its not good for business and is very off putting to potential buyers if Scan show how picky and blameless they can be.

Just my 2 cents worth
    Charles

Thanks

Charly

but a lot of this is down to the way things are handled when they arrive at Scan by Scan employees unpacking everything to stick warranty stickers and take serial numbers, this is one of the reasons I don’t buy a lot from them these days,
    We don't unpack goods to stick warranty / SCIL sticker's on, so to suggest that PINS could become damaged becuase of staff opening up Motherboards to put stickers on in completely wrong.

as half the time things arrive and they are missing bits or it looks like they sent you second hand goods as they are repackaged improperly.
    Are you speaking from a previous experience, I doubt it...

Chris
    Last edited by Chris P; 24-06-2009 at 09:52 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Charly View Post
    , but a lot of this is down to the way things are handled when they arrive at Scan by Scan employees unpacking everything to stick warranty stickers and take serial numbers, this is one of the reasons I don’t buy a lot from them these days, as half the time things arrive and they are missing bits or it looks like they sent you second hand goods as they are repackaged improperly.
    This is nonsense every care it taken when goods arrive at Scan 99% of stickers are placed on the outside of the box and motherboards do not get opened so how do Scan bend the pins through the box is it our Uri Gellar Packers?

People are beginning to forget the FACT here that if the Damage was reported on delivery this discussion would not be going on. Everyone knows everyone it seems but this does not explain the fact you seem to know more about Scan logistics than me with your inaccurate assumptions.

Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks
    • Nelly.'s system
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 7600
      • Memory:
      • Kingston 2x16GB 5600C36
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 750 PSU
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Win 11 Pro / Linux
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 24WMGX3 24" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 70GB Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    People are beginning to forget the FACT here that if the Damage was reported on delivery this discussion would not be going on.
    Just trying to get my head around this as I have bought motherboards previously from you.

So if a motherboard arrived with a damaged pin, if we check at the point of delivery i.e. when it arrives from Citylink then we should be able to return it via the Citylink driver as damaged goods?

Secondly if this does happen it just goes to show that Asus Quality Control isnt up to standards & we have no leg to stand on because you i.e Scan & Asus wont accept RMA unless goods are checked at point of arrival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    This is nonsense every care it taken when goods arrive at Scan 99% of stickers are placed on the outside of the box and motherboards do not get opened so how do Scan bend the pins through the box is it our Uri Gellar Packers?
    Aye definitly stand by what Paul saying here, every item I have recieved from Scan has never been opened well from whats definitly sealed anyway, if it's a sealed item like a Corsair PSU they usually open the seal slightly to place a sticky on the actual box, nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by Nelly.; 24-06-2009 at 03:40 PM.

Thanks

I am a little disapointed by a few ppl in this thread, whilst they may think their points are valid, its now turning into a none constuctive thread with nit picking from both sides.
    I was in this thread to help the OP, and hopefuly scan.
    I do not want Scan to be drawn into none topic issues - please just ignore them.
    I do not want the OP's thread trashed - please keep on topic and factual or don't post.
    Can we get some modderation in this thread please as although freedom of opion is agreat - its now going to endanger the OP's chances if it coninues as a slagging match between ppl/offtopics not even involved.

The real issue here is how to get the problem of socket pins diagnosed fairly and in a timely manner.
    I would like clarification on the point of reporting dmg.
    If the package was signed for by a spouse/parent, and then would not be checked until the same evening and a bent pin is noticed - would this be classed as not reported as dmg at time of delivery?
    Or do we as pointed out in post above me, need to check at the door and refuse to sign for the item if any issues are visible?

Registered+
    Thanks

Nelly.

I have worked for Scan Computers for 9 years and NEVER have i dealt with a case of socket pins being received damaged, all of the motherboard manufacturers QC is superb and pins are checked before the socket protectors are put in place. I have NEVER seen a case of a motherbaord being received with pin damage prior to the removal of the socket protector.

Indeed our system build department handle hundreds of motherboards every week and again we have NEVER received a motherboard with pin damage, so currently I would say that the QC runs at 100%, damage in my experience certainly has only EVER been noted after the original socket protector has been removed and installation has been attempted.

Wesley Aldred
    Returns Manager
    Last edited by Mossy; 24-06-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

7. Received thanks from:

Nelly. (24-06-2009)

Registered+
    Thanks

To clarify and conclude the questions regarding delivery, our Terms are very clear, packaging should be inspected IMMEDIATELY at the point of delivery and any damage noted on the signature slip, Scan should then be contacted and we will be able to claim for damage from our couriers, failure to follow this requirement means a claim against the courier is complicated and ultimately can result in a claim not being possible.

If you are asking a 3rd party to be available to receive the delivery then relevent instructions should be relayed to them to check the packaging and contents originally for signs of visable damage and noted as such on the delivery slip.

What everyone here needs to remember is we are not present when the delivery takes place and as such if a delivery slip is signed as goods being received in good order and condition, then as far as we are concerned they where, City Link also form the same conclusion.

Please keep this thread on topic or I will have no choice but to lock it as it no longer is relevent to the OP.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Wesley,

Personally I think the thread should now be locked - it has now gone over seven pages, and as the original question was really for the OP and Scan to resolve. Others have thrown in there informed (or otherwise) opinions and you may (or may not) have come to some agreement with the OP, but that should be no-ones business but your's and the OP's.

While it has been useful in clarifying the T&C s for receipt of goods, and the requirement for care when receiving and returning fragile goods for replacement, enough is enough.

However this is your thread, in your forum, and doubt that any Hexus mods would want to trample over your turf!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

Your post was edited because you were rude and abusive, and straight away you prove them right again. If you continue with this blatant trolling and abuse you will simply be banned from the forum by the mods.
    Last edited by Chris P; 24-06-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks

This thread is being Locked for the time being Scan staff are not taking abuse like this anymore. Thread will be re-opened if the OP requests.

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

12. Received thanks from:

peterb (24-06-2009)

Thanks

Let me make this crystal clear right now.

Anyone, and I mean anyone using abusive language towards another member of this forum will get suspended or banned with little or no warning. The fact that staff from Scan post here does not give anyone the right to break forum rules, more so when they are not even the OP and the thread has nothing to do with them.

I don't care if it's in the Scan section or General Discussion. If you're unable to get your point across without resorting to swearing, even doing it again after it being edited out, you're not welcome here - find another forum.

edit - our rules on swearing are clear: http://forums.hexus.net/general-disc...ng-policy.html
    Resorting to 4 letter words because you don't like the other sides opposing view, quite simply isn't going to happen here.
    Last edited by Agent; 24-06-2009 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

14. Received thanks from:

Carlh (24-06-2009),Mossy (24-06-2009),Ricco (24-06-2009),wesleyaldred (25-06-2009)

Thread Information