Thread: Another question about RMA timescales

Thanks

Another question about RMA timescales

First post here, not really had a need to in the past.

I RMA'd a PSU after it more or less spontaneously combusted last Thursday - three weeks after buying it - but thanks to the bank holidays had to wait until Tuesday for it to be picked up. That's all well and good, I thought - get it sent off Tuesday, arrives on Wednesday, it's possible it might be looked before the next flippin' bank holiday kicks in. Despite delivery confirmation from DPD yesterday lunchtime, however, I have had no confirmation from Scan that the PSU has even been received, and the RMA status has remained stuck firmly on Authorised. So I was wondering, how long do Scan typically take to confirm they've received returned goods, and how long then before they get round to looking at them?

Obviously I'm a tad annoyed, because I was hoping on a bit more information before the country shuts down again for four days. It's even more annoying because this most definitely isn't a case of 'user did something silly' or 'it's working fine, you're just not doing it right' - I know the PSU is dead, it died without warning in the most dramatic and smelly fashion, and as such I've been without a desktop PC for a week already when I really need to getting stuff done on it. Any idea how long it's going to be before this is likely to be resolved? Only, I'm moving house soon, and I suspect if it takes too long I'll have to change redelivery address as well, which will no doubt cause yet more delays and confusion.

This is less a grouch, more just an outlet of frustration. Helpful answers would be much appreciated though.

Thanks
    • pipTheGeek's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6T Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 920 @ 3.6GHz
      • Memory:
      • 3 * 2Gb Corsair XMS @ DDR3 1800
      • Storage:
      • 300GB 15K SAS + 500Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX570
      • PSU:
      • corsair 760i
      • Case:
      • Corsair 550d
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Alienware 23"
      • Internet:
      • VM 50Mb

Re: Another question about RMA timescales

'fraid I have nothing useful to say, but I'm still waiting for my motherboard back. Now a full 2 months after returning it and a week (albiet with some bank holidays in it) since Scan said it was being returned to me.

Thanks

On this subject again - now that my PSU has been tested and found faulty, how long is it going to be marked as "Awaiting replacement / credit" before something actually happens? It's been a few days now, not including the several days I know you had it but claimed not to (DPD delivery confirmation and all that), and I'm getting perilously close to moving house and having to faff about with changing delivery address.

Equally, since it was only three weeks old, would a refund be possible instead so I can buy a better one?

Thanks

One more question then: having seen the RMA change from "Awaiting replacement" to "Completed" and received an email confirming this, when am I going to see some delivery information? I'd like to at least have some idea of when I need to be in to receive the delivery - having to guess that it might be sometime this week just isn't good enough.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Longsight View Post
    On this subject again - now that my PSU has been tested and found faulty, how long is it going to be marked as "Awaiting replacement / credit" before something actually happens? It's been a few days now, not including the several days I know you had it but claimed not to (DPD delivery confirmation and all that), and I'm getting perilously close to moving house and having to faff about with changing delivery address.

Equally, since it was only three weeks old, would a refund be possible instead so I can buy a better one?
    The replacement has already been processed and shipped at this stage as such I cannot now ammend the RMA further. Delivery will be on 11/05/11 and the tracking number for DPD is: 1300265220

Thanks

Aha, a tracking number and delivery date, that'll do. Thanks.

Thanks

Judging by other threads on here, I should've threatened to take my business elsewhere if I wanted anything timely and useful out of you. Is there any good reason why I've not received any delivery information other than that which has been posted publicly here? I was at the very least expecting the usual text to let me have some idea when it would be delivered, but no - apparently you've forgotten to supply DPD with my details, so it arrived without warning early in the morning and now I have to wait yet another day. This seriously is not good enough. You're all very communicative when you're taking my money, but when it comes to answering serious questions regarding your own failures you go strangely silent, and leave me waiting three weeks for any sort of response.

Thanks

Longsight

Relating to Barso's thread, which you are referring to...The RMA will be processed as quickly as possible and to confirm it is not feasible to give preferential treatment. On the other hand its equally as infeasible to delay an RMA longer than necessary because of the delay you unfortunately experienced with your particular RMA.

"Threats" do not speed up the RMA process and we always act where possible,

Regarding the SMS updates, these details we have on the system, which you entered when creating your account are present on the Invoice raised, we cannot forget to provide the details as they are taken automatically. If you have not received the usual updates we can look into this but I can confirm your delivery status from a manual check as..

"We were unable to deliver your parcel as there was no one present to sign for the delivery, rearrange your delivery here - 33416064"

EDIT:

Order's placed via the Sales Line:
    The warranty invoice is created under the customer's own account and therefore the information is picked up for the tracking updates to be sent...

In your case. The reason why the SMA / E-mail did not come through your the RMA was due to the order being originally placed on-line, so when the warranty invoice is created under a ESCANRETURNS account and the relevant address used as the delivery address. This is why we also confirm the DPD tracking reference, so a manual track can be performed via the DPD website.

We are looking into a way for RMA tracking updates to also be sent for order's originally placed via the website.

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 11-05-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks

I wasn't asking for preferential treatment, I was asking for communication. My initial post was two weeks ago, and I was just asking for an idea on how long it would take. The first useful response was yesterday, whereas when people threaten to take their business elsewhere in other threads they receive instant responses with offers to check things out personally. I struggle to believe that you're capable of sending me an email telling me that as far as you're concerned my RMA is completed, but incapable of sending me an email telling me when the replacement will be arriving. If I hadn't asked the question here, how would I have found the tracking number? I know it's possible to find a tracking number with the invoice number and postcode, but it's only by chance that I noticed there was a new invoice number on the returns page at all - again, no information was actually presented to me.

I asked the question because I have no idea how long an RMA over the bank holiday period is likely to take - it wouldn't have killed you to give me an answer a couple of weeks ago so I wouldn't have spent the last several days endlessly refreshing a returns page in the hope that useful information might appear.

The keyword in 'customer service' is service - you don't earn repeat business by expecting people to do your job for you and then berating them for asking reasonable questions.

Thanks

Longsight

The RMA "completed" update is a status changed, which our RMA dept change via our Internal RMA tracking system and the automated e-mails sent from this system.

The 4 Stage tracking e-mails are not sent via e-mail for the reason already explained, precisely why the DPD tracking reference for the new invoice is usually sent via your OLQ but was presented to you here in response to your thread.

I will raise the question with the Returns Manager to determine why communication wasn't up to scratch in terms of responses to your thread or via the query system.

Regards

Thanks

That's all I wanted to hear. I'm not trying to have a go at you, it's just been very frustrating having no PC for the last three weeks and having no real response from anyone as to when that would be changing.

12. Received thanks from:

Chris P (11-05-2011)

Thread Information