Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scan, please send me my order.....

Thanks

Scan, please send me my order.....

Order placed on the Wednesday (6th), nothing happened so I called on the Friday (8th) to find out what was going on. All items were confirmed in stock and assured order would be dispatched before weekend. Fair enough. Monday (11th) order still not picked or dispatched, another call and now 3 items are now out of stock, ahhhhhhhhh.

Out of stock items removed/replaced order marked as urgent, promised it would be dispatched that night. Monday (11th) that night, Scan are now closed, receive an email that another item is out of stock, this is now driving me nuts.

Tuesday (12th) called again to replace out of stock item, waited all day from 10am, till 4pm order is still not picked/dispatched. Called scan again, once again promised order will be marked as urgent and dispatched today.

I do understand that online retailers get hammered with orders this time of year. But unfortunately Scans ordering system isn't the best at allocating stock when you order. At the point of ordering everything was in stock, two days later everything was still in stock. Its only because of the extended delay in having the order picked that Keyboard/mouse, DVD Drive, Memory & Fan Controller have all gone out of stock and at varying times during the week since ordering.

If someone form Scan could arrange to have the bits from my order that you do have in stock to be dispatched I would be very grateful.

Oh, almost forgot, Invoice number:*edited*
    Last edited by Chris P; 12-12-2006 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks
    Every time I have called Scan, must be 4 or 5 times now, I have had my call answered quickly and handled professionally. Scans customer service staff are excellent and can't be faulted. It's the ordering system that is letting Scan down very badly. Its also probably responsible for a huge number of calls to customer service, which can't be good.
    Last edited by wmsteele; 12-12-2006 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks
    • Bobster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AX370 GAMING K7
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 5600X
      • Memory:
      • G.Skill FlareX 32GB DDR4 3200
      • Storage:
      • 42TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 6700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850X
      • Case:
      • SilverStone TJ05
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG LG 27UD88-W, LG 27 ColourPrime, HP LP2475w
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb
    Your Estimated Despatch Date is 08 December 2006 and you will receive emails to confirm each stage - really? - but i've not had any

too much of this going on

and not enough work

Thanks
    • colinloves's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6400
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 4Gig DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • WD 320Gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus 1950Pro
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 620
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred Gamer
    Im also having the same problem

Registered+
    Thanks
    It does seem very odd. It's happening often enough that it must be the way the system works. We're seeing people order a number of items (for which they are charged then) and where, say, just one is out of stock. While waiting for that to come in another item goes out of stock. Logically, that could go on for ever! Maybe they can get away with flying by the seat of their pants normally, but it's so busy now it doesn't work(?)

André Breton defined "surrealism" as "the chance meeting on an operating table of an umbrella and a sewing machine". Perhaps the definition could be updated to: "the chance meeting in a warehouse at Xmas time of *all* the items in an order and the picker".

Thanks
    • Robert's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB Dominator 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 10TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 480
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200
      • Case:
      • Corsair 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo SW110W+
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb
    Christmas = busy = more orders = more to deal with = only 8 hours in their working day

Thanks
    To answer your queries there has been an issue with the Parcel tracking system causing a delay on the automated confirmation e-mails / updates, which has now been resolved.

The increased number of delayed orders can be explained very easily.....

THIS IS CHRISTMAS

We are despatching as many orders per day as humanly possible and can only apologise for any delays experienced during this busy time.

If you can log a query via the link below for any outstanding invoices, Customers services will look into the delay for you.

http://web6.scan.co.uk/Support/Query.ASP?QueryType=C

Clanger

To re-cover old ground… Massive upgrades to the warehouse to increase storage space are already underway to resolve the issues you have raised. We are still despatching the majority of orders in-line with the estimated despatch dates provided and only a small number of orders are currently being delayed and every effort is being made to update customers and be open and honest regarding any delays.

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 12-12-2006 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks
    Chris, I applicate the situation a successful company such as Scan faces during the Christmas period. What I don't understand are items not being allocated correctly during the ordering process. Its been a full week now since I ordered and as of 8:14 tonight my order has still not been picked/dispatched. This despite repeated assurances and guarantees that everything was in stock and would be dispatched. Can you explane this?

Customer services have repeatedly looked into this for me without any success. I'm not on this forum ranting without just cause. I have a genuine problem that I need help in sorting out. As good as your customer service people are its an issue that still has not been resolved.

Can you help, PLEASE.
    Last edited by wmsteele; 12-12-2006 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks
    • amjedm's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N-Sli Premium
      • CPU:
      • Athlon X2 4200 S939 + Scythe Ninja rev A
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair DDR PC3200
      • Storage:
      • Samsung T 160GB Sata in Scythe Quiet Box
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 6600 256MB + Cooling Mod
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Noisetaker 485 (fanless) - lower chamber P180 fan doing the PSU cooling
      • Case:
      • P180 (modded - easier cable routing, front and rear grills cut)
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" WTQ?
      • Internet:
      • O2 8MB (Standard)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    To re-cover old ground… Massive upgrades to the warehouse to increase storage space are already underway to resolve the issues you have raised. We are still despatching the majority of orders in-line with the estimated despatch dates provided and only a small number of orders are currently being delayed and every effort is being made to update customers and be open and honest regarding any delays.

Regards
    Chris, is the system going to be modified so items are allocated when an order is placed? If not, then I can't see the problems being resolved.

People will still end up ordering items that are showing in stock when these in theory are allocated to people who ordered before - orders just haven't been despatched yet.

Thanks
    wmsteele

I will look into this for you tomorrow and PM a full explanation through tomorrow when I have all the details for you and spoken the CS agents have dealt with your order.

I understand the issue you have is genuine and needs to be resolved and can only apologies for the delay you have experienced so far.

I will resolve this myself for you tomorrow

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 12-12-2006 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks
    amjedm

This would be a part of the benefit of the upgrades to the warehouse - yes

Regards

Thanks
    ChrisP,
    Thanks so much for your help, I know it must be hectic for you guys this time of year. Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me.

Good news regarding the ordering system, looking forward to spending my Christmas cash on goodies from Scan in the new year.

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Hmmm all understandable - but now a bit worried that the order I placed yesterday won't make it to my work address before I go on xmas hols

No mince pies for scan if I have to come into work next week!
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks
    ChrisP,
    Its 12:20pm Wednesday, over a week after ordering, and the order has still not been picked/dispatched.

I have called again and spoken to David, I'm sure he is as frustrated as me with this order by now, its the fourth time I have spoken to him. He informed that he went down to the warehouse last night and handed my order to the warehouse manager. It should have been dispatched last night but for some unexplainable reason its still in limbo. David is currently on his way back down to the warehouse to find the picker and find out why the order wasn't dispatched last night. Everything is in stock so again its a total mystery as to the delay, especially after me calling repeatedly.

Once again Scan's customer service staff have proven to be excellent, always polite and willing to help. Its obviously an issue with the ordering system and or the staff in the warehouse. Apart from Adam or David picking & dispatching the order themselves I don't know what else they can do.

HELP.
    Last edited by wmsteele; 13-12-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks
    wmsteele

PM Sent

Thanks
    wmsteele

Your order has now been completed / despatched and will be delivered tomorrow

Apologies for the delay mate

PM Sent

Best Regards

Thread Information