Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: GTI ----> R ... Evolution

Thanks
    Originally posted by 3Dfx

1: VW's are built better
    2: They have better image
    3: Skoda's and Octavia's use poorer quality VW parts.
    hi Just bean reading this and im sorry m8 dont no why you think that as
    1: VW's are built better ? no there just the same

2: They have better image ?not realy what looks good to you could look crap to me

3: Skoda's and Octavia's use poorer quality VW parts ? no not @ all m8 there all from the same place and most of the same parts

PS i ent trying to flame you just saying what i think to what you side here

Banned
    Thanks
    13 year old (no insult to 13 year olds) txt style talk.
    yeah and u dont know what ya on about... cos a shed load of people use that type of talk.

I also have heard a few complaints about PM's you have sent people
    Ive sent about 9 PM's since I registered in Aug... apart from 3 sent to twigman (DEFINATELY NOT INSULTING) and one to you ... I cant see how im sending INSULTING PM's... I'll take a screenshot if u want... tho im sure an admin will have access to everyones PM box.

3dfx - who's your 'insider' at VW? and what did he/she tell you that we didn't read in the motoring press? and how did you manage to drive evey model VW/Seat/Audi when you're only 12?
    when ya have family who work for VW u kinda get to know stuff... so dont start on that one...

and im not 12...cos I can drive and u have to be AT LEAST 17 to drive... so ur clever.

and how do I drive every VW? cos like I said I have family working for VW and they often take em home... etc etc... R32... 4Motion... 180Bhp Turbo Golfs... GTI Lupo... 100Bhp Polo Sport Diesel... etc

Why'd ya think I drive a 16v GTI Golf? cos I get good deals! ... oh and ive never drove or said Ive drove an Audi. though I wouldnt mind testing a 225Bhp TT

Thanks
    Do you get a kick out of insuling the guy who owns Hexus and these forums??

Thanks
    3dfx - some more feedback, good and bad.

You are factually incorrect and/or you appear to be ill informed and misguided in the majority of your posts nevertheless I do think you are good for the forums.

I think most forumites would admit that you are many things but those many things do not include blandness which forums can sometimes be guilty of.

That said, there is a world of a difference between heated debate on your other favourite subjects i.e. what's the best film/director/scariest film or "should I ask her out", and the tragic bullrubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish(e) which the "80 mph" post is - It is steaming BS and it is embarrassing and offensive to many.

As has been pointed out in other posts, get your head out of your arse and move on.

Banned
    Thanks
    I wasnt insulting I was pointing a few "mistakes" he'd made.. he might own the forums but it doesnt make him perfect... we're all human and make mistakes.

anywayz... I dont care... i dont care if u dont believe I own a valver, or have drove a R32 I couldnt give a flying monkey...

I see alot of jealousy *sorry but I DO* ... if i brag about my car... then i do... why start at me? I was 18 and owned one helluva fast car ... that make me a bad person? that make me evil? shouldnt I be proud? should I trade it for a Nova SRI?

Im not discussing this with ANY OF U any further... I have informed XTR and David... the rest of u can carry on calling me a lyer, and b@stard and whatever else.

OH and tomorrow Im gonna go look at a mk5 Golf NOT a GTI tho... .. oh no u dont believe me... oh no... how can he see a car thats not released how how how??

guess what... chances are you'll never know... tho im sure its WELL BUILT!

EDIT:
    I do think you are good for the forums.
    how u say that then go on to post what u posted makes me confused. ...

Thanks
    Hope you have fun fun fun day

Banned
    Thanks
    I will... make no mistake about it. Shame I cant drive the damn thing.

Thanks
    Mk5 looks too rounded imo, should have been a bit boxier and more aggressive.

Banned
    Thanks
    All cars look too rounded these days... they need more flare and agressivness... e.g Type R Civic

Thanks
    Nevermind all these silly bland little German cars, or tacky Jap offerings with bits stuck on like an Airfix kit, what you want is one of these:

...though I might be slightly biased And when the 4wd version is released, my God it will be an awesome car. Mainly because of...

La bellezza non basta
    Simon

Slippery when wet
    Thanks
    Originally posted by 3Dfx
    Everyone wants a VW... especially the 150Bhp TDI PD Golf with 240lb/ft torque!! ... ya cant say thats slow
    Its a diesel....

And if you watched Top Gear about two weeks ago, the old version of the golfs (cant remember the model) completly wiped the floor with the new model. And just to add extra shame, the Peugot 206 done the quater of a mile just under two secconds quicker than the Golf GTI

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    well....just read this entire thread.

What a ROLLER COASTER......

entertainment un-limited huh?

Ace stuff...cheers dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    Originally posted by Cr4iG
    Its a diesel....

And if you watched Top Gear about two weeks ago, the old version of the golfs (cant remember the model) completly wiped the floor with the new model.
    Exaggeration. If I remember correctly it was 1-2 car lengths - hardly wiping the floor

Anyway - I have Climate control, 8 speakers, 6 airbags an ultra smooth ride, and 170 bhp. Do I care that a rattling old ancestor is edging ahead of me in a flat out sprint..?

No

Thanks
    Shad - It looks stylish, but imo its a bit of a fasion car, kinda like a mobile phone. And its a shame everything drops off them after a few thousand miles!

Jap cars might not look as stylish as Alfas, but imo they do offer better reliability, fuel economy and value for money! Personally i think some jap cars, Skyline R-34, Civic Type R, 350Z all look amazing and imo are generally all round better cars!
    Last edited by gobbo; 29-12-2003 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks
    Originally posted by gobbo
    Shad - It looks stylish, but imo its a bit of a fasion car, kinda like a mobile phone. And its a shame everything drops off them after a few thousand miles!
    Indeed this used to be the case, but generally speaking cars made after 2001 are about as well built as most other makes of car. The sad fact is, as Sir Clarkson once said in a Top Gear column, it's pot luck as to which car from which manufacturer won't fall apart. There is room for improvement in ALL makes and models of car.

Originally posted by gobbo
    Jap cars might not look as stylish as Alfas, but imo they do offer better reliability, fuel economy and value for money! Personally i think some jap cars, Skyline R-34, Civic Type R, 350Z all look amazing and imo are generally all round better cars!
    That's a fair comment I bought my 147 knowing it's got a huge tank and it's not affraid to lap it up like champagne. I'd say that value for money the Italians and Japs are on par. The base model 147, for example, comes with climate control, traction control, ABS, 6 air bags, etc etc. There aren't that many other offerings that have such a good level of standard equipment, least of all German marques.

It has to be said though I did (albeit briefly) consider a Civic before I visited my local Alfa shrine
    Simon

Thanks
    Yeah, defo get your monies worth with equipment levels.

Suppose it is pot luck with build quality but it's just heard more bad Alfa stories than good, but saying that our accountant at work has an 02 reg coupe (GTV??) and its done 55k and never had a problem with it!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information