Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Expand your mind- suggest a track

Thanks
    Not available to download, but look up Elegis by New Order. Is great. Is even better when used as the backing for the most excellent video More, which I linked to in another thread but needs more exposure

http://www.gethappy.com/watchmore.html

The Jelly made me do it! Honoop's Avatar
    Thanks
    As a Snow Patrol fan I need to put forward a track from one of their side-projects which is a band called The Reindeer Section. The song is:

You Are My Joy

I only have a link to the video, not just the track - but it is one of the sweetest videos Ive seen and the song is lovely.......
    The album (Son of Evil Reindeer) is on my 'must have' list for this year.

Hope you lot all like it too!

Hon
    x
    If you're not living on the edge, you take up too much room

iMc
    Thanks
    Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - Led Zeppelin

Most recently released on the The Box Set greatest hits compilation.

I think it just sums up one of the greatest bands ever. It's melodic but still strong and powerful, partly due to the top vocals. Easy to listen to, easy to enjoy.

Great thread btw...
    HEXUS|iMc

Thanks
    Wow thanks for all the suport guys. I'll be checking all those out after I've watched Midsomer Murders. I know, my life is so rock 'n roll.

Reminder for Raz- one song at a time mate, things will get difficult to follow otherwise.

Rich :¬)

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup
    Beck - Devils Haircut

Love Bech, not everyone's tast I know, but this track just had such a simple but cool riff.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Oh no!I've re-dorkalated! Jiff Lemon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras
    Not available to download, but look up Elegis by New Order. Is great. Is even better when used as the backing for the most excellent video More, which I linked to in another thread but needs more exposure

http://www.gethappy.com/watchmore.html
    Damn fine tune - Love the early new order stuff

Amazon.com to the rescue

In a place called VERTIGO CrapshoT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Religous Wars by Sub Hum Ans.
    I just love the power of the song and the squeeky cockney vocals.Reminds me of my wild punk teen years.Still quality after all these years.
    Farts are like children.....You always love you're Own.!!!
    Wise Men learn from Other people's mistake's...Fool's learn from their OWN.!!!

Rob
    Thanks
    Rave you swine... Seriously top thread mate! But only one a week? OK, of those listed so far Zathras one is beautiful, and Raz - I am going to have to check out Arc - Arcane, I love the sound of that!

Right, mine? Well I have got maybe one of the most obscure collections I know (compared to friends). So even choosing a genre is difficult:- electronica, rock, folk, minimalist, ambient. Where to start? Well I guess there's going to be plenty of rock, so how about...

Didgeridoo's!!! Yup, that's right, the Didge... OK, once you've stopped rofling... Why, you ask?

Think of any Aussie section on say, 'The Travel Show' or Billy Collony's Bike Ride and you have probably unknowingly heard the band 'Outback'. They are used regularly. I personally love (and play ) the didge as you can get such an amazing percussive rhythm, as well as all the tonal embellishment. These guys built an entire band around it, and as you can [I hope] hear, it's very uplifting. I've been to their gigs, and even the most ardent non-dancer would be tapping their foot in minutes.

So if I had to put up one track to summarise the band I guess it would be 'Air Play' from the album Baka LISTEN HERE. This should give you an 'instant summer'. Do have a listen to all the rhythms going on, amazing considering there is no overdubbing! That is just a didge and guitar!!!!

Hope you enjoy, and maybe even listen to some more.

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup
    Quote Originally Posted by CrapshoT
    Religous Wars by Sub Hum Ans.
    I just love the power of the song and the squeeky cockney vocals.Reminds me of my wild punk teen years.Still quality after all these years.
    Man that track rocks

Have to have a delve thro mi vynl collection & dig the album out. Reminds me of mi yoof too, good times, good times
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thanks
    im so ashamed

im afraid my favourite song of all time is Elevation by U2 and i dont hear it at all besides on my PC theres probably a good reason for this but the energy and feeling from this tune.......

you asked for the tune i think needs more airtime and well there it is, an alternative if i dont get laughed out of the forum for that one is machine head i think the songs called "they will always kick you when your down."

or if that still doesnt do it the eighties song Star trekkin purely for the cheese factor.

Thanks
    Archive - Rest My Head On You

From the album Take My Head.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mock Turtle
    “Reeling and Writhing, of course, to begin with, and then the different branches of arithmetic -- Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision."
    System:Atari 2600 CPU:8-bit 6507 (1.19MHz) RAM:128 bytes Colours: 16 (4 on screen) Resolution: 192x160

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Rave you swine... Seriously top thread mate! But only one a week?
    Well the idea is that the songs come at a rate that people can keep up with them. I reckon 3 or 4 songs a day added to the thread is an ideal amount, that way people can listen to them in the space of 10-15 minutes, and keeping up doesn't become a chore. It gives the thread more longevity, and also keeps the quality high, as people have to think hard about what song they most want to add.

Use your judgement though- if there's not been a new song added for a day or so then go ahead even if it's not a week since your last one. Similarly I guess if there's a flood of posts one day then delaying your suggestion till the next day will increase it's chances of getting a listen from everybody.

iMc
    Thanks
    Might be a good idea to list each weeks songs, then we can just scroll a list to catch up.
    HEXUS|iMc

listen to escape fails :) luap.h's Avatar
    Thanks
    Velvet Revolver - You Got No Right
    or of course there's all the free, legally downloadable tracks available from [manymore], the best thing since Therapy? B-Sides and according to one DJ better than Feeder's new track

Thanks
    iMc, that's a great idea. Give it another couple of days and I'll do a post that pulls them all together. Thinking about it, I might just stick 'em in the first post, but that might discourage people from reading the thread and hence the comments about the songs, which would be a shame. Everyone: let me know what you think would be best.

I was about to say that Theo's track reminded me of the music to a short film I'd watched recently....and then it turned out to be More, the film Zathras llinked! the Mono song does sound like a lo-fi version of the New Order tune IMO. How odd is that?

You can listen to a clip of CrapshoT's tune here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...samples#disc_1

I've finally caught up with all the songs posted so far; some I liked, some I didn't. I won't say which was which because I don't want to discourage anyone from posting more songs- put it this way, I was keen on well over 50% of them. I can't resist making the following specific comments though:

Raz- 7/4 time? Remember, Jazz is musical w***ing.

Rob- I checked out your band- their version of Camberwick Green is flipping funny, but cool too- so there's my horizons broadened already.

Cheers all, keep 'em coming

Last edited by Rave; 18-01-2005 at 01:12 AM.

iMc
    Thanks
    New post the list but add a link (can that be done?) or a post number in the first post to each weeks roundup.
    HEXUS|iMc

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information