Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: 360 or PS3?

Never try, never fail!
    Thanks

Re: 360 or PS3?

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Thats a fine collection of games you've dismissed for one reason or another... the Wii is a great choice for most people, as its cheap, the games are great, and its more than a box that has more power than the last box - but if you don't like the games and don't play it much, sell it.
    Not a chance i will ever do that, as i know whats coming up in the future. New mario title, new smash brothers and a new mario kart, that will be all i need for a good few years.

I just think its not ever going to be my main gaming platform, but something i use every once in a while...and hopefully wii fit will save my belly
    Last edited by SmileyUK; 21-08-2007 at 08:25 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyUK View Post
    ...and hopefully wii fit will save my belly
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who's postponed the diet until Wii Fit!

Thanks

all they need to bring out is track n field for the wii-fit!! get all you fatty's into shape

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gtech View Post
    Go on say the ps3 is great and your get one too!!
    Errr... gtech, I said the PS3 is the best in this thread, and said it was my favourite console in this very thread! You genius.

Edit: He's actually thanking me!!! Run awaaaaay!
    Last edited by PenguinJim; 21-08-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: I'm not giving my name to a machine!

Thanks
    • Stringent's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DQ57TM
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Geforce 260GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion
      • Operating System:
      • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Iiyama 24"
      • Internet:
      • Patchy

Quote Originally Posted by directhex View Post
    pc ports of first-person shooters have supported keyboard & mouse for years (UT & Quake3 on dreamcast, and many since then on ps2, with plans for ps3 too)

and you'll get your chance in ut3 apparently, where cross-platform play between ps3 and pc is promised (as is choice of controls on both)
    Yeah I read this too. Still I think I will probably end up getting UT3 for the PC rather than the PS3 anyway.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • alexmorris60's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS A8N-SLI SE
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon 64 4000 2.6Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2Gb Corsair TwinX DDR400
      • Storage:
      • 1*80Gb| 1*200Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2*eVGA 7900GT 256Mb
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Power 550Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Some Aspire one
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" Daewoo Widescreen
      • Internet:
      • 8Mb AOL

Xbox360 is way better than the PS3, Why? Because of its ridiculous price tagg and games costing over £49.99. What 16year old has that much money to spend on games. Atleast with the 360 games are around £30-£40, still a bit steep but hey...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexmorris60 View Post
    Xbox360 is way better than the PS3, Why? Because of its ridiculous price tagg and games costing over £49.99. What 16year old has that much money to spend on games. Atleast with the 360 games are around £30-£40, still a bit steep but hey...
    What are you talking about? Over £49.99, i've yet to see a PS3* game over that price, or a 360 game for that matter. Pricing for games on either platform are about the same level, somewhere between £39.99 - £49.99 rrp prices. Plus most places (internet) don't charge rrp as they knock £5-10 off the price. High streets are a different thing altogether.

*There are some special editions (Halo 3 Legendary box set for example) or games with additional hardware that may take the full price to over £50, but there's never been many of those, as they are normally very limited.

Banned
    Thanks

A quick glance on GamePlay.com shows PS3 games going for between £29.99 and £39.99, and about the same for the 360. The 360 does have its classic range, which is a lot cheaper, but re-releasing a game a couple of years after it launched at £20 to get a few more copies sold is standard.

On GAME.com same story (although GAME have most of their titles at £39.99) for the PS3, and the same price overall for the 360 games.

I couldn't find a non special edition game for either console on either site costing 'over £49.99'.

As for the price tag of the console, GAME will flog you a PS3, 2 SIXAXIS pads, Fall of Man, Fight Night and MotorStorm for £429.99. An Xbox 360 Premium + 2 Pads + 3 games + HD-DVD drive can be had for roughly the same £££.

Look - my gaming future will be with the Wii and the likes of Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3; games which are, in my opinion, of a higher quality than you will get on the Sony or Microsoft box, which I will play for far less damage to my wallet than either of these systems. So its really no skin off my nose whichever console is teh bestestest.

*But* if everyone actually checks that what that are putting forward as a reason for their console being the one to have is actually true, rather than blurting it out and hoping to not get caught out, as alexmorris60 seems to have done, you can stop the mindless bickering and make an informed choice on what to buy.

You might even find time to play on them, rather than arguing about them all the time.

Just a thought...
    Last edited by Stewart; 22-08-2007 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barrichello View Post
    PS3 or a console with a 70% failure rate - don't think i need to spell it out
    Plus you have to pay to play online with an Xbox which cheeses me off as I have a 360 and refuse to pay.

Thanks

this is the way things are...

i got ps3 also 3 other friends have, meet up online yeah bit of fun, but more for single player games/blu-rays/ps2 games.
    i got pc meet up with loads more mates lots of fun, multiplayer and single player and everything else that comes with owning a pc.
    i got couple of mates with 360's, so play that when i visit them( although 1's still waiting for repaired console which gives me chance to take me ps3 round), a bit of online and single player.
    Go round mum n dads they got wii so play that with them and family.

So all bases covered. In a week i end up gaming on all systems! im happy but i'd be lost without my PC

Thanks
    • spazman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS3
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 320gb RAID 0 , 250gb IDE , 160gb IDE, 400bg USB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 7900GX2
      • PSU:
      • 750watt Enermax
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" LCD 19" CRT
      • Internet:
      • Be Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Barrichello View Post
    PS3 or a console with a 70% failure rate - don't think i need to spell it out
    I know this is a bit late but im totally sick of you making up failure rates for the 360. Your talking ****. I work for a large high street chain that deals with many consoles. Our return rate for failure is less than 8% at the moment. Admittedly this is alot higher than it should be but it isnt even remotley close to any of the figures you have spouted. Also in 200 odd of our 770 stores have had 360 demo machines in since launch. The are on for 12 hours a day 364 days a year, slightly more useage than your average console, in total weve had FOUR break down. Microsoft has addmitted there is a problem (finally) and imho has dealt with it very well, sony never did the same when 2 of my PS2's died (i still have two that work mind). So PLEASE stop making up figures and talking out of your arse. Everybody is sick of it.
    NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, GBA, DS, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3 60gb, XBOX, XBOX 360, Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, PC Engine, Neo Geo CD

Thanks
    • Barrichello's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VII Ranger
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60Ghz)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB
      • Storage:
      • 2 x (250GB) Samsung 840 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce GTX 770 (DC2OC 2GB GDDR5)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750HX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4
      • Operating System:
      • Linux/Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ XL2720T
      • Internet:
      • 100MB/100MB

Quote Originally Posted by spazman View Post
    I know this is a bit late but im totally sick of you making up failure rates for the 360. Your talking ****. I work for a large high street chain that deals with many consoles. Our return rate for failure is less than 8% at the moment. Admittedly this is alot higher than it should be but it isnt even remotley close to any of the figures you have spouted. Also in 200 odd of our 770 stores have had 360 demo machines in since launch. The are on for 12 hours a day 364 days a year, slightly more useage than your average console, in total weve had FOUR break down. Microsoft has addmitted there is a problem (finally) and imho has dealt with it very well, sony never did the same when 2 of my PS2's died (i still have two that work mind). So PLEASE stop making up figures and talking out of your arse. Everybody is sick of it.
    Hello latecomer to this thread (who obviously did not read it all)

I later said...
    I am purely speaking from personal experience, and being an xbox 360 and a PS3 owner I feel qualified to do so in this thread. I meant 30% which is well published and known about, the 70% was a approx to my personal experience (3 repairs so far) call it a Freudian slip maybe on the amount of time it has been out of action
    Take a chill pill, and read the rest of the thread before sounding off

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information