Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Gta 4 Finished!! Completed!! Clocked!!

Thanks

Talking Gta 4 Finished!! Completed!! Clocked!!

Just come across this article on gamesradar, one of the first jurno's to finish the game.
    He finished the game in about 30 hours (there is supposed to be about 60-70 hours gameplay so that must be with side missions), he also failed about 50 missions!! 50, so its safe to say he rushed through it in the small timeframe he had.

Read on...

He's finished Grand Theft Auto IV! | GamesRadar

Also saw this on PSN@HOME, It seems one journo who completed it (or just played it) on both consoles gives a brief comparison..

Read Below

The PS3 has a more relaxed color pallet, but this gives everything a more realistic look. If you don't like the realistic look, and you have a HDMI connection, you can fiddle with your PS3 display settings and get it looking much more saturated. The textures are just as sharp as the 360 version, and there's little to no pop-in or screen tearing. The PS3 takes longer to load than the 360, but I took several different head counts in game at different locations, and I always found the PS3 to be more populated than the 360. This could be attributed to the dynamic nature of the world, but it's hard to tell. Either way, the difference was never more than five to seven pedestrians or three to four cars—it's not really much of an advantage.

The 360 is bright. Boy is it bright. Based on discussion history, this one will be claimed to look better, but it'll really be preference. The texture quality is the same on both systems, but the 360 has a more cartoon-like look. This isn't a bad thing. It just depends on preference. I'd compare the difference to that of Oblivion on each system. The 360 also suffers from some frame rate drops that are almost non-existent on the PS3. Installing the 360 version on your system's hard drive, however, will bring performance almost up to par with the PS3.

I know, you want details, but all I can confirm is split-screen on PS3 only. I was alone, so I didn't actually get to have any matches, but I could tell that the split-screen worked really well. There was a significant decrease in the amount of traffic and pedestrians, but it didn't ruin anything. This is understandable. Rendering two instances of Liberty City is a chore for any machine. I can't conclude one way or the other why the split-screen mode was not available on 360, but I assume by the drop in on-screen objects on the PS3 that the 360 just couldn't handle it. If you own a 360, don't worry. You have Xbox Live…so you're set.

*** AUTHORS NOTE ***

NOTE: Geez...Posted just 6 hours ago, and I've already got hate mail! Let me clarify a few things. First, the build I previewed was dated 2/21/08. I finished the entire game (and have been playing it since). Second, the 360's issues appear to be bugs, hence the disclaimer below. Third, I'm not a PS3 fanboy. The PS3 doesn't have any good titles (except for Uncharted), so how can someone be a fanboy? I'm purposefully harder on the 360 version because I've been called a 360 fanboy in the past. There's no winning here! Fourth, I've added a counter. When/If this page can rack up 500,000 hits, I'll post more detail in a *SPOILERS* section to further legitimize it.
    the site was taken down as soon as many read the review

Thanks
    • Blackmage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P67-GD65
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 2600k
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gb Hynix DDR3 1333
      • Storage:
      • Crucial m4 120Gb, 2TB Samsung F4
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD5830
      • PSU:
      • 700w Coolermaster Gold Plus
      • Case:
      • Xclio/Aplus Windtunnel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic VX2239WM 22" LCD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Broadband 10mbit

Re: Gta 4 Finished!! Completed!! Clocked!!

The site in which you got that from looks really unprofessional. Split screen on the console in which wasn't the lead platform sounds completely BS. Rockstar arn't stupid they expect the 360 version to sell more units.

CGReviews - Cam Garish Reviews - One Review at a Time! Seems he's taken it down

"When popping the disc into the PS3 for the first time, you'll have a brief installation. Don't worry, it only takes ten minutes or so, and there's a pleasant bit of GTA history trivia to keep you occupied. So, unlike with Devil May Cry, you'll be able to eat your sandwich prior to playing the game. On the 360, this installation is optional if you have a hard drive. I advise to proceed with installation—it reduces the already minimal frame rate issues on the 360. When the game finally begins, you'll be treated to the best opening credit sequence I've seen for a game in a long, long time."

"It's also a bit disappointing that law enforcement actually spawns. The game would feel much more realistic if cops had to call for back up, and patrol cars would actually drive to your location from a few blocks away before joining the fun. But that's not how it works. A handful of cops will appear out of nowhere (on the 360, they actually pop-in if you didn't do the install)."

"Euphoria didn't do as much as I hoped. Let's face it, when you hit a pedestrian at 50 mph, they do one thing: fall. It may look different in slow motion, but when you're really doing it—when you're in the middle of the action—animations always feel the same. There are moments, though, where Euphoria will kick in and you'll say, “Awesome”. When you try to duplicate it, you won't be able to. This is where Euphoria shines. There will be one time moments of sheer bliss—and it's worth every second."

"There were a couple minor things about the controls that bugged me. I'll mention the single big thing: running. Tapping a button to run works well in theory, but I just know that the wear and tear on my controller has to be increasing exponentially."

"The PS3 has a more relaxed color pallet, but this gives everything a more realistic look."

"The PS3 takes longer to load than the 360, but I took several different head counts in game at different locations, and I always found the PS3 to be more populated than the 360. This could be attributed to the dynamic nature of the world, but it's hard to tell. Either way, the difference was never more than five to seven pedestrians or three to four cars—it's not really much of an advantage."

"The 360 also suffers from some frame rate drops that are almost non-existent on the PS3. Installing the 360 version on your system's hard drive, however, will bring performance almost up to par with the PS3."

"I can't conclude one way or the other why the split-screen mode was not available on 360, but I assume by the drop in on-screen objects on the PS3 that the 360 just couldn't handle it.

NeoGaf guys have been having fun about his review

First Possible GTA 4 Preview Review Review? - NeoGAF

Rockstar was probably on his case.

3. Received thanks from:

gtech (07-04-2008)

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

read the gamesraider article last week lol but i could not be bothered to post here has this section of the forum is not realy popular compared to others

Thanks

I thought that something wasnt right about that review, especially being pulled. As for the Gamesradar review well that's legit and does a good job of getting you excited but without any spoilers.

Thanks

i just dislike the randoms who are the first to shout "fanboi" at someones opinion.
    each to their own and im 'avin this one on release

XBOX: BauerPrime

Banned
    Thanks

Well, a new GTA game isn't in the same league as, say a new Mario or Zelda, but I'll get this on the day of release.

As for which version runs 0.9 of a frame quicker - nobody cares.

Are the GTA games actually any good, or is it just the baseball cap wearing pricks who hang around outside bus garages saying 'GTA is like well tight boss, I stabbededed a whore and jacked a pair of sick wheels, ya get me?'

Away from the novelty of shooting people and half inching helecopters, is it actually fun to play?

We shall see...
    Last edited by Stewart; 07-04-2008 at 11:05 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • dc72's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3
      • CPU:
      • E2140 oc to 2.66GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb 2 x matched pair Geil PC6400 DDR2 CAS 4
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 500Gb SATA2 + Maxtor 500Gb SATA2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor ATI Radeon 3850 256Mb
      • PSU:
      • CoolerMaster eXtreme Power 460W PSU
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • Belinea 1925S1W 19" Widescreen 5ms 850:1
      • Internet:
      • Sky Max 16MB (actual speed)

That is such a troll. Good one though.

Geek in training
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    Well, a new GTA game isn't in the same league as, say a new Mario or Zelda, but I'll get this on the day of release.

As for which version runs 0.9 of a frame quicker - nobody cares.

Are the GTA games actually any good, or is it just the baseball cap wearing pricks who hang around outside bus garages saying 'GTA is like well tight boss, I stabbededed a whore and jacked a pair of sick wheels, ya get me?'

Away from the novelty of shooting people and half inching helecopters, is it actually fun to play?

We shall see...
    i see your point and I take it, but I slightly disagree.... I've thoroughly enjoyed the entire GTA range, I think if you were to take a brief, perhaps superficial, look at the game, it is little more than a violence-driven virtual environment. Scratch a little deeper though and there is something with GTA that is strangely addictive.

I've played other games, such as True Crime : New York, which claimed to be a GTA rival, they just don't cut it.

IMHO, Rockstar have done a brilliant job so far and I'll be having this game upon release

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eshrules View Post
    i see your point and I take it, but I slightly disagree.... I've thoroughly enjoyed the entire GTA range, I think if you were to take a brief, perhaps superficial, look at the game, it is little more than a violence-driven virtual environment. Scratch a little deeper though and there is something with GTA that is strangely addictive.

I've played other games, such as True Crime : New York, which claimed to be a GTA rival, they just don't cut it.

IMHO, Rockstar have done a brilliant job so far and I'll be having this game upon release
    Yeah GTA does sandbox murder sprees better than anyone else, but I've never really loved a GTA game. The first one was great fun back in the day, but GTAIII, Vice City and San Andreas have all sort of melted into the same game in my mind.

I've played all of them (not 100% sure I've played III, was a while ago) but nothing really stands out. Its that game where you drive around listening to a radio station, then jump out, rob a nun, shoot a postman, then run from the police.

Still the more I read about GTAIV the more I'm looking forward to it. Firstly this should look great, the others while nice, have never really stood out in the eye candy department. According to IGN the multiplayer is not just tacked on, but could be up there with Halo3 \ CoD4 - proper multiplayer, peeps forming gangs (read: clans) and all that.

Then there's something about downloadable music tracks, ala iTunes, the social club stuff, and all the hype and polish.

So even though, for me, it doesn't really have the breeding, the assurance of quality, like when the new Mario is out and you don't need to read a review because its the new Mario, so you know its not only going to be good, but one of the greatest games ever, I've still pre-ordered, and I fully expect this to be something special.

Roll on the 29th...
    Last edited by Stewart; 09-04-2008 at 11:21 AM.

Geek in training
    Thanks

Yeah GTA does sandbox murder sprees better than anyone else, but I've never really loved a GTA game. The first one was great fun back in the day, but GTAIII, Vice City and San Andres have all sort of melted into the same game in my mind.

I've played all of them (not 100% sure I've played III, was a while ago) but nothing really stands out. Its that game where you drive around listening to a radio station, then jump out, rob a nun, shoot a postman, then run from the police.

Still the more I read about GTAIV the more I'm looking forward to it. Firstly this should look great, the others while nice, have never really stood out in the eye candy department. According to IGN the multiplayer is not just tacked on, but could be up there with Halo3 \ CoD4 - proper multiplayer, peeps forming gangs (read: clans) and all that.

Then there's something about downloadable music tracks, ala iTunes, the social club stuff, and all the hype and polish.

So even though, for me, it doesn't really have the breeding, the assurance of quality, like when the new Mario is out and you don't need to read a review because its the new Mario, so you know its not only going to be good, but one of the greatest games ever, I've still pre-ordered, and I fully expect this to be something special.

Roll on the 29th...
    I understand what you're saying re GTA3, vice city and san andreas, i played all of them and I did find myself a little bored by the time i'd finished with SA....

i've read a lot of good things of the multiplayer too... i very rarely buy a game which doesn't have a decent online multiplayer aspect to it, that's probably the main thing i'm looking forward to, you can rob nuns with your mates then! lol

the downloadable tunes will probably prove to be popular too, although with the 'real' gangs forming online, i can see a certain amount of trouble ahead.....

Banned
    Thanks

The series is good, I've never played a GTA game I didn't like, but if I was making a top 10 games ever list, no GTA game would get a sniff of the top 10.

Its growing on me though, I'm ill at the moment so I've been reading the IGN launch center (Grand Theft Auto IV Launch Center) and the more I read, the more you get the idea - this is a big game, loads of money chucked at it, sky high production values, everyone will rush out to get it.

Now, like we've seen with the new Star Wars movies, all that hype and universal interest doesn't mean its actually going to be any good, but if Rockstar get it right, its got game of the year written all over it, even this early.

la la la
    Thanks

Yeah GTA does sandbox murder sprees better than anyone else, but I've never really loved a GTA game. The first one was great fun back in the day, but GTAIII, Vice City and San Andreas have all sort of melted into the same game in my mind.

Roll on the 29th...
    Well thats your opinion, the way you think about a new mario game is the way millions upon millions think about GTA. It doesnt matter what it si. It will be good.

I think like this.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_ View Post
    Well thats your opinion, the way you think about a new mario game is the way millions upon millions think about GTA. It doesnt matter what it si. It will be good.

I think like this.
    Ya get me.

Strange way of phrasing it though, as if only I like Mario, everyone else likes GTA

Super Mario is video gaming. Mario Bros saved the video game after the crash. Mario dominates most top 10 lists.

Sales figures for Super Mario Bros - 40+ million.

Pedigree?

Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros III, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy. A decent case for the best 8bit, 16bit, 64bit and current gen games ever.

Mario - most recognisable video games character in history. Far more so than any GTA character.

GTA sells like hot cakes, yes, but its not in the same league. Total Mario series sales figures - 200+ million. GTA - 70 million.

So yes, I agree, it will be good, great even, game of the year even even even, but lets not go overboard. Just because it has cars, guns and knives in it, that doesn't mean its 'like well tight boss ya get me its the best game ev0r and i havent even played it yet dude'.

I'll stop now because I'm boring everyone with the Mario.
    Last edited by Stewart; 09-04-2008 at 01:13 PM.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

IMO sonic is better then mario

Banned
    Thanks

Arsene Wenger > Sonic.

la la la
    Thanks

Yeh mario is popular because it appeals to the whole age range..

Where as GTA doesnt, well isnt meant to.

We shall see.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread Information