• j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

Fifa 09 News!

heads up fellow footy fans get ready for fifa 09 because in it will have 10vs10 Be a pro online!!

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/ne...released.phtml

Thanks
    • Blackmage's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI P67-GD65
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 2600k
      • Memory:
      • 8 Gb Hynix DDR3 1333
      • Storage:
      • Crucial m4 120Gb, 2TB Samsung F4
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI HD5830
      • PSU:
      • 700w Coolermaster Gold Plus
      • Case:
      • Xclio/Aplus Windtunnel
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic VX2239WM 22" LCD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Broadband 10mbit

Re: Fifa 09 News!

If it plays like euro 2008 it's got my name on it.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

its a mixture between euro 08 and fifa 08 and thats a good thing. also they have actually made a dedicated pc version of it. not a port of the ps2 version like they use to be which is great news for pc owners too! plus it has innovative control systems specific for people with just a keyboard and mouse!

It also has next gen graphics like the 360/ps3 version. check out the links above for more info! definitely looks very good indeed. i love my footy game and hope they get it right with fifa 09 has imo something was missing from 08 that could of made it addictive just like pes 06 which i played till 08 came out

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

some info on someone who has played the pc version
    For years there haven't been too many changes on the PC version, the graphic engine is old and ugly in FIFA 08 and even the gameplay was not as excited as lot of people wished. But with FIFA 09 there apears a new kind of FIFA: We have played the game, and it looks much better, you can play it much better and it feels better - it is better!

Designed for the PC
    In recent years there have been used the Playstation 2 version for the PC version. This comes to an end now. The PC version is designed for the PC, it is not a converted version of a console. Thus, the game is now independent, and no longer dependent on certain characteristics of consoles.

Polished, deep gameplay
    The changes in gameplay is clearly evident. In the range of collisions (especially in the air) have been worked a lot: A completely rewritten logic with 350 new animations ensures that collisions of two players are very realistic and understandable. If two players jump simultaneously to the header, it now makes a difference whether you have a heavy boulders or a flyweight as opponents. Height and the weight of the players and of course the right timing to decide about who is the winner of a two-fight.

In practice, the game is now very smooth. Passes go quickly to the next player, the player animations are elegant, and not bumpy anymore. The ball jumps more realistic now, and it bounce from players comprehensible. Well: It's really fun to play FIFA with this gameplay.

Comparing the gameplay with the NextGen version, so there is no big difference anymore. In my own opinion, there are still some points which could be improved to get perfect, but on the other hand there have been some guys on the event who said that they prefer the gameplay of the PC version instead of the one of the NextGen version. Which one is really better is probably a matter of taste. The fact is, however, that the biggest change in the gameplay since 4 years pays off.

Redesigned menuü
    A renewal can be found in menu design. Here are not only the already known menu items, but also various widgets. If there is available an Internet connection there widgets include some information about your own status, your own team, the community up to news of your own favorite teams from the real soccer world.

The menu itself is now also optimized for higher resolutions, even in HD monitors the menu now looks nicer..

New controll by using keyboard and mouse
    If you do not have a gamepad, you previously had always to play by using the keyboard. This was unfortunately always a little wrinkled and inaccurate, gamepad users have always had an advantage. EA Sports now has built in a new control system where you use a keyboard-mouse combination.

AThe principle is basically very simple: The player can be moved with the keys W, A, S, D. If you want to use these keys because you think it is too complicated, you can optionally activate the "follow the mouse" mode. Then the player is automatically following the cursor whereever you move it. With the space bar you can run faster, by using the Alt key the speed of the player is reduced.

By using the cursor you can decide where the pass will go. Left click is a pass to the selected target, if you hold the left button, there will be a cross into this direction. Right click stands for a shot. Tricks are also on the middle mouse button. If you hold this key and move the mouse in a certain direction, the trick will be done.

This sounds strange one the one hand and complicated one the other hand - but it is not. If you practice this controll a bit, and you get used to it, you have a very precise control about the game.

Of course, you still can use a gamepads or use only the keyboard without a mouse - these possibilities are still available.

Next Generation Graphic
    The fact which everyone had been waiting is now finally finally: FIFA 09 contains the NextGen graphics and makes a big step towards console version.

The player models are now as pretty as the ones out of the PlayStation 3 and Xbox360 version, so that even the muscles of the players can be identified. 3D grass grows from the ground, pretty shader and glowing effects have been added. The players look totally realistic, have a natural skin colour. It is possible to recognize Michael Ballack not only because of his face, but also because of his deceptively similar 3D hair.

However there are still missing some things. The stadiums are not yet adapted to NextGen, the spectators and the surrounding area in the stadiums have not been renewed yet. The NextGen changes have been primarily done in the area of the playing field which you can see all the time during the game. Nevertheless, the overall picture of the graphic is very positive.
    AEA has made a big step. The main focus has been on the NextGen graphic on the field in FIFA 09. EA will continue working on the graphics, so that - perhaps next year - there will even more Next Generation graphics available

Fully constomized PC controll
    Also a new feature is the possibility that the whole controll is fully configurable - which also means that the defence and attack commands can now be separated. previously The command for "shot" and "tackling" have always been on the same button, but in FIFA 09 it is possible now to assign two different keys to these commands.

Online Mode
    EA now has removed the outdated Match Maker. Now it is no longer necessary to load an external program to be able to play online. Instead it is now the same system as in the NextGen consoles: The online lobby is directly included to the FIFA menu.

System requirements
    The NextGeneration graphics - of course - increases the system requirements a lot. How much these requirements will be is not clear yet, because the game is still in development and EA still tries to improve the graphic performance more and more.

If you have a high-end graphics card as the GeForce 8800 and 3 GB of RAM, you don't have to worry, you will be able to play the game in full details.

If you have a rather weaker PC you can adjust the level of details and lower it step by step. It's possible to set it to the FIFA 08 level. So if the game is not running fast enough, just switch of some details, and you can play FIFA 09, too.

Conclusion (PC Version)
    The PC version makes a big step forward. Because of the Next Generation graphics it looks really great, the gameplay is similar to the Next-Gen consoles. In short: The game is just fun, it plays out different and looks different than the predecessor. FIFA 09 has no reason to hide, EA has done a great job.

From event in germany. Today will be the same event in Moscow.

Thanks
    • wzix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q-Pro P45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 4GB XMS2
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 500GB SATA2 16MB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster CM690
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22"
      • Internet:
      • Plus.net

Why bother when pro evo is so much better

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    If it plays like euro 2008 it's got my name on it.
    I'll second that !

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Quote Originally Posted by wzix View Post
    Why bother when pro evo is so much better
    I've always been pro evo only man myself, but this time round both games are changing an awful lot.
    There's normally demos of these so trying both before you buy is a must for the 09 games.

Jury is still out.

Registered+
    Thanks

Fifa '07 was the last Fifa I bought and I vowed never to buy another EA Sports game until they actually start play-testing them.

Anyone know if they have yet?

Thanks

People who say pro evo is a better game now need to get their eyes tested. Its a worse game, it looks worse and palys like it did 10 years ago. The new breed of fia games have been excellent, with the only slight prob disconnection from games online, but its only say 1 in 20 games.

Uefa was a big step up, and 09 looks like another.

Videos would be great
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Thanks
    • wzix's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q-Pro P45
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 4GB XMS2
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 500GB SATA2 16MB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster CM690
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22"
      • Internet:
      • Plus.net

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin4458 View Post
    People who say pro evo is a better game now need to get their eyes tested. Its a worse game, it looks worse and palys like it did 10 years ago. The new breed of fia games have been excellent, with the only slight prob disconnection from games online, but its only say 1 in 20 games.

Uefa was a big step up, and 09 looks like another.

Videos would be great
    no.

if you care about having ronaldo's latest hair cut then yeah fifa, but if you play pro evo alot you see how well the game play really is, compared to fifa.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wzix View Post
    no.

if you care about having ronaldo's latest hair cut then yeah fifa, but if you play pro evo alot you see how well the game play really is, compared to fifa.
    nah I'm afraid you are talking nonsense, I was a Pro Evo man myself up until last year with the launch of that embarrassing piece of lazy arsed crap Pro Evo 2008. Me and my flatmate had been avid Pro Evo players from the start but after a week or so trying to warm to 2008 we went back to playing Pro Evo 6. 2008 plays like an arcade game and a **** one at that, the players animations are shocking like ice skating kangaroos, the gameplay is simplistic crap with the best tactic being to run down the wing with a fast player whilst holding close control, defending is near impossible and the goal keepers are eligible for the Disability Living Allowance, scoring is too easy and the general graphics and presentation couldn't be anymore explicit in their contempt for it's paying users if the manual arrived soaked in urine.

When I played Fifa 08 on the PS3 it was brilliant, I rediscovered the joy of having to work to score your first goal, of passing to create space not to mention to presentation and attention to detail that were so evident and really reinforced how disgraceful PES2008 was.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

i was a pro fan up untill last year also. i also vowed never to buy a fifa game and i took a HUGE gamble in buying fifa last year has i was just so sickened full of hatred over piss poor pro evo last year and my o my i dont regret it. fifa hands down was alot better then PES gameplay terms.

Have any of you PES fans ACTUALY tried fifa 08 or euro 08 on a ps3/360?

Atari Falcon 030
    Thanks
    • bigblue's system
      • Motherboard:
      • K8N
      • CPU:
      • X2 4200
      • Storage:
      • 250 Gb WDC
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 7900GT
      • PSU:
      • Tagan Modular 430W
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • BT Yahooseless

Why is it that people have to defend the honour of their favourite football game?

If you prefer FIFA, great. If you prefer PES, good on you. But it's only your opinion. Just because you prefer one over the other, that doesn't mean it's actually the better game. Would be nice if people said "I like FIFA better because..." or something like that. But no, it's usually just a case of if you like the 'other' game, youre wrong.

You don't have to pick a side and stick to it loyally. You can actually buy, and like, both. If you like footy games, why deny yourself one of them?

It was as bad in the Sensi v Kick Off 2 days, and people still debate that now!

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

but us fifa fans have actualy gave points to why fifa is better yet PES fans dont.Unless some PES fan who has played BOTH games can give us some useful points

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
    Why is it that people have to defend the honour of their favourite football game?

If you prefer FIFA, great. If you prefer PES, good on you. But it's only your opinion. Just because you prefer one over the other, that doesn't mean it's actually the better game. Would be nice if people said "I like FIFA better because..." or something like that. But no, it's usually just a case of if you like the 'other' game, youre wrong.

You don't have to pick a side and stick to it loyally. You can actually buy, and like, both. If you like footy games, why deny yourself one of them?

It was as bad in the Sensi v Kick Off 2 days, and people still debate that now!
    nonsense, people argue over games relative merits all the time, the fact that people think other people are wrong is the basis for any sort of debate on this, it'd be even more boring if people turnt into liberal drips who reduced their opinions simply to their own subjectivity.

I've given many reasons why FIFA is now superior to Pro Evo and ironically they are generally the same reasons I thought Pro Evo was superior back in the day ie realism, tactical play and a sense of depth over one dimensional dross.

Anyone who's been a fan of Pro Evo over the years for these very reasons and yet claims Pro Evo 2008 is superior to FIFA 08 is a liar or a retard. Subjective experiance is important, afterall we don't tell someone who likes ice cream more than steak they are actually wrong but if they claimed they liked steak more than ice cream because of it's coolness, creamy texture and sweetness we'd think them seriously mental.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    • mediaboy's system
      • CPU:
      • Phenom x3 8500
      • Memory:
      • 2GB
      • Storage:
      • 1320GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD3650 512MB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Premium x32
      • Internet:
      • T-Mobile Mobile Broadband

You mean people actually play these games? Woh... I thought I was wierd...

Only kidding.. go ahead if you want to spend your time kicking a virtual ball around a virtual field... I can't quite see the point of it when I have a perfectly decent football close to hand, but I think that some of you must have some reasons to enjoy it.... maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortune117
    Kids are getting smarter, eventually no amount of parental controls will be able to stop them
    I guess we're expected to do quite well

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information