• PSU:
      • Tagan Modular 430W
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • BT Yahooseless

Re: Fifa 09 News!

Quote Originally Posted by revol68 View Post
    I've yet to see anyone give a reason why they prefer Pro Evo beyond outdated claims that it is less arcadey than FIFA.
    They don't have to give reasons why they prefer it. If they prefer it, that's their opinion, which they're entitled to, regardless of if the entire world disagrees. If they say it's better, that's somewhat different.

There's many ways in which I prefer Pro Evo to FIFA, and vice versa, but frankly I don't see how it makes a difference to anyone else? Is someone going to change their opinon of a game they like, just because of what someone else says on the net? Of course not.

I mean, you seem to say it's obvious that Pro Evo was going to be a bad game because of the ads? I really couldn't care less about them. They make no difference to the gameplay.

Or is it simply a loyalty to a game? That if people agree a game is better, then people can take some pride from that? Do the fanboys get some sort of bizarre enjoyment from 'winning' a thread? Is it that important, really?

I mean, for Gods sake, it's just a thread about two computer games, and people are being told they're talking "nonsense", people are being described as retards and simpletons, and the swear filter is needed. It's all a bit much really.

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

explain why u like it then. simple

Atari Falcon 030
    Thanks
    • bigblue's system
      • Motherboard:
      • K8N
      • CPU:
      • X2 4200
      • Storage:
      • 250 Gb WDC
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 7900GT
      • PSU:
      • Tagan Modular 430W
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • BT Yahooseless

Me? Why I like what?

You're really not reading my posts, are you?

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

personally i have no fan boy loyalty (if anything i have fonder feelings for Konami over EA) but I'm getting bored of people who've never played the new FIFA's talking crap about them being arcadey. I'm also getting bored of your inane babblings about 'oh we all like different things, man.' Yeah no **** we all like different things the question is why and in what regard. As I said I can't really argue with someone over what they prefer, I can however debate over why they prefer it and can try and convince them that X rather than Y will actually be more enjoyable based on A or B criteria not to mention that it's perfectly fine to argue that someone should persist with X over Y because it will be more satisfying in the end.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Atari Falcon 030
    Thanks
    • bigblue's system
      • Motherboard:
      • K8N
      • CPU:
      • X2 4200
      • Storage:
      • 250 Gb WDC
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX 7900GT
      • PSU:
      • Tagan Modular 430W
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC 20WGX2
      • Internet:
      • BT Yahooseless

Quote Originally Posted by revol68 View Post
    I'm also getting bored of your inane babblings
    Is a discussion about a computer game really that important to you that you can't even be civil?

I'd quite happily debate what's good and bad about the games, but I think it'd be pretty pointless. You'd just attempt to tell me how I'm 'wrong' and we'd go round in circles, like so many FIFA/PES threads.
    about 'oh we all like different things, man.'
    Which we do. But I guess you don't believe it. So you carry on with your arguments where you try to tell people that like different things to you how they're wrong, and I'll look for other, more interesting threads.

I guess you're just looking for an argument, but I'm afraid I can't get that excited about two console football games, so I'll leave you to it.
    Last edited by bigblue; 15-07-2008 at 04:57 AM.

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
    Is a discussion about a computer game really that important to you that you can't even be civil?

I'd quite happily debate what's good and bad about the games, but I think it'd be pretty pointless. You'd just attempt to tell me how I'm 'wrong' and we'd go round in circles, like so many FIFA/PES threads.

Which we do. But I guess you don't believe it. So you carry on with your arguments where you try to tell people that like different things to you how they're wrong, and I'll look for other, more interesting threads.

I guess you're just looking for an argument, but I'm afraid I can't get that excited about two console football games, so I'll leave you to it.
    Of course people like different things, that's possibly the most banal observations a person could ever make, the question is why do people have differing opinions, will people always like these things, are their preferences fixed, can they make a case for them? If people all liked the same thing there would be little interesting discussion, likewise however if we just say 'people just like different things' and leave it that we also end up with a boring silence.

I'm merely reiterating a point you made yourself

Would be nice if people said "I like FIFA better because..." or something like that. But no, it's usually just a case of if you like the 'other' game, youre wrong.
    that is you should why you prefer it, on what basis that is make some attempt to ground your preference in something no entirely internal and whimisical.

as for getting into an argument over two football games, well no it's hardly a real world issue but nonetheless it can hardly have escaped your attention that this is a forum for discussing consumer electronics and video games and would be empty if people didn't argue and set out their reasons for such and such preferences and requirements.

personally what bothers me isn't the actual issue of FIFA vs Pro Evo but that a lot of people no longer feel they should attempt to back up their arguments with anything as peculiar as reasons (something you initially bemoaned) instead falling back on a pathetic castrated atomised subjectivism that is symptomatic of our supposed 'post ideological post, political, post modern' era.

This of course might all seem a bit daft for an argument over two football games but it's the form more than the content that is getting on my prickly tits.
    Last edited by revol68; 15-07-2008 at 05:44 AM.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

Right Revol68 & Bigblue

Stop the arguing to this extent please. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to different types of games. Same could be said about say Race Driver Grid and comparing it to a Need for Speed game.

By all means discuss the pro's & cons of the 2 games but it is pointless arguing the way you are over this.

Now can we get the thread back on the right tracks. I think you both need to agree to disagree on this one.

Thanks

Just to reinforce Ferral's post; argue away, but keep it civil.

If you can't get your point across without name calling or kicking off the swear filter, then don't say whatever it is you think the world needs to hear.

As a general pointer for posting, imagine if you were face to face in the pub with whoever you're arguing with, would you suggest that having an opinion without backing it up with facts makes that person a retard? Would you really say it to their face?

Unless you've got Jackie Chan skills or are built like Vin Diesel you'd keep it polite or be down A+E having a bottle of Newcastle Broon being removed from your eye.

So keep it nice, ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

innit man this thread is not about PES vs fifa. its strictly FIFA news so all this arguing needs to be stopped. though i wish the mods would just delete the useless posts in here as its derailing the actual topic

Thanks

Canny wait for this, going to be so good.

Hopefully the AI is better that what it is in 08.
    www | F | T | @

Thanks
    • JimmyBoy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI ROG Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250gb Samsung 840 SSD / 3tb Seagate / 1tb Western Digital
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HiS ATi Radeon HD 7950
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster GX 650w
      • Case:
      • Bit Fenix Shinobi XL
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LG IPS277L-BN 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 120mb down 10mb up

i own both fifa 08 and pes08 and ive never been able to decide which is better, i think i prefer pro evo but thats because its far more pick up and play. i was always a huge pro evo fan but its been same old same old for years now. im looking forward to the new fifa

Thanks
    • Stringent's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel DQ57TM
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA Geforce 260GTX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Centurion
      • Operating System:
      • Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Iiyama 24"
      • Internet:
      • Patchy

I always used to get FIFA and it became my friends yearly birthday present. However I got FIFA 2008 for the PS3 and it was horrid. Both PES 2008 and FIFA 2008 were bad IMO this time round, I can only hope they have improved them.

I prefer FIFA because of all the licensing, I can play my team rather than the North London Reds or something, and them putting extra letters in the names!

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

http://itsinthegame.ea.com/archive/2...re-issues.aspx

On a Saturday night red eye to London when I started writing this, connecting to Vienna for meetings with our partners at UEFA and FIFA (and maybe the Euro final between Spain and Germany…). I’ve been reading the constant flow of comments regarding our position this year on sports games on the PC, and at the risk of once again opening the floodgates of people comparing me to the devil incarnate, I will try to address what I see as the core issues that continue to be up for (very spirited) debate.

- The PC as a platform for authentic, fully-licensed, simulation sports games has declined radically in the past three years as the next generation consoles, with their high definition graphics and 5.1 sound capabilities have attracted millions of consumers to eschew the “lean in” PC sports gaming experience for the “lean back” full room console experience.

- The business model for PC games is evolving from packaged goods to a download model. The on-line experience is paramount, and hundreds of companies in this space are experimenting with direct-to-consumer revenue models, incorporating premium downloadable content, sponsored downloads, micro-transactions, subscriptions and massive tournament play.

- Piracy is an issue. Sorry, I know many of you disagree with me on this, but the numbers don’t lie. Companies spend millions developing content, and deserve to see a return on investment for their risk. The employees developing the game design, writing code and creating art deserve to get paid for their work. Period.

- Businesses have to make hard trade offs for where to invest for the best return, thus creating capital to make even more games. They have to take expensive risks in our hits and misses industry with new intellectual property to keep the games available to gamers fresh, innovative and pushing the technical boundaries of the hardware platforms. I know this concept touches a nerve with some of you, but our industry is founded on publishers that have driven for financially-successful games and then re-invested the proceeds in development of even more content for gamers to enjoy. It’s a simple financial premise, and an obligation for publically-traded companies who answer to their shareholders. We are not making games in garages or bedrooms any more.

- In order to make fundamental shifts in an ecosystem, you sometimes have to hit the reset button. That’s what we have done this year at EA SPORTS as regards some of our franchises on the PC. That does not mean that we aren’t coming back next year with new, innovative, maybe even less-expensive ways to play all of our franchises on the PC, but for right now we are assessing all of the options open to us to shift the current paradigm for our games on this platform.

Writing in the middle of the night when you are a little tired is always a dangerous thing, but what you have is my honest, personal, unvarnished opinion. I am sorry that our decisions on this issue have caused some of you so much apparent heartache, but at least you maybe have a little more insight into our thinking here…

So lock and load and have at it…

Cheers,

Peter
    interesting article

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

new screenies

hope this helps get this thread interested again

SSK
    Thanks
    • SSK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5N-E SLI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Core Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 500GB SpinPoint
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GT 512mb OC2
      • PSU:
      • OCZ GameXstream 700W
      • Case:
      • Sharkoon Rebel 9
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" LG Flatron Wide MonitorTV HD Ready

thanks josh for the screenshots

looks alot better than 08 in terms of graphics as it has finally gone next gen.

i hope 09 is more attack focused as 08 seemed bit more defensive imo

also i hope the keepers are bit more realistic...sometimes they make godlike moves

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

nearly 100 pics here http://rapidshare.de/files/40121387/...reens.rar.html use the thanks button to thank me

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information