• NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    Quote Originally Posted by htid View Post
    Specially with a nice bit of HP brown sauce eh!
    that rubbish?

try some thai sweet chilli

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
    At the end of the day, eat what you want to eat, be it no meat, only blue M&Ms, or whatever.
    Quite agree.

At least you can respect 'proper' veggies, who avoid all meat. These nobs (yes, nobs - massive nobs) who are veggies but eat fish, or chicken (ha!), they are beyond logic. If you are going to do something do it properly.
    Proper vegetarians don’t represent a zero impact lifestyle on Earths fauna. Vegans and for that matter fruitarians can still purchase and use products that in some way have an impact on animal life. It’s not about even trying to have no impact, but rather reduce the impact you’re having.

Finally, Homo Sapiens are hunter-gatherers, our teeth, digestive system, eye placement, and pretty much everything else are the way they are so we can eat other animals. So if you don't want to eat meat, don't eat it, but it’s the veggies that are deviating from the norm, not the rest of us who are savages for scoffing down a nice roast hedgehog, when it’s what we are designed to do.
    Millions of years of evolution Vs the opinions of a few lentil munching scrotes... tricky one.

We are not designed to sit about discussing issues on the internet. We are not designed to live in houses we aren’t designed to fly in airplanes, and so on and so forth.

Evolution moves at an exponentially slower rate than mankind’s social and technological development. This is why we have adapted and changed virtually all aspects of our lives.

Unless you’re a hunter gather sourcing all of your diet from the wild then your above argument holds no water. Farming has changed our food stocks from a wholesale part of the eco system into what is largely a factory product. When a lion grabs and chows down an antelope it does so because it doesn’t have the power of reasoning we do, it has no omnivorous ability. But more importantly the antelope, the lion all form part of an ecologically balanced sustainable system. Said antelope spent its life doing its best to avoid lions whilst chewing the savannah.

Pigs cattle and the rest have been bread for generations not on natural selection, but on yield and growth, to the stage now where turkeys can’t even copulate properly. In addition to this meat borne of intensive farming trades in any semblance of a naturalistic and humane life in the pursuit of maximising profit.

Now given human beings unlike lions are blessed (and it could be argued cursed) with the powers of reason, and the adaptive possibilities of an omnivorous design, is choosing to not eat meat so illogical?

The way I personally see it (PERSONALLY!) is that given I can sustain myself in a satisfactory manner without eating animals, what reason is there for animals to be raised and killed simply to expand my menu?

And finally as to the whole chicken/dog/pigeon > than human thing, I can see his point. The point being that aside from humans the rest of the animal kingdom has lived an ecologically neutral life, and we do not.

This isn’t to say that I don’t value human life, just the opposite. Whilst species will suffer and slip into extinction by mans hands, nature it’s self wont. Even if we exhaust our supplies in one way or another to the point where mankind is wiped of the map nature will prevail, and given an eon or two our existence will show no mark. This I can’t help but find irksome because we are more than capable of averting such a fate, but by yielding to primitive sets of thought we simply show no interest in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Flake View Post
    Well we have evolved faster yes but until the cow manages to evolve and put me on his dinner plate...
    It would take not only evolution, but evolution and a sex change for that to happen!
    Last edited by Crazy Cricket; 16-05-2007 at 01:00 AM.

Thanks
    • Hasnath's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus PSWDH
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4x1GB Ballistix 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2xWD 320KS(RAID0)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PNY 9800GTX 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 580W U22
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster ATC110
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP L2045W
      • Internet:
      • BE 21MB
    **** this might affect me by it not being halal!!
    Actually maybe not as i don't like chocolate

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cricket View Post
    It would take not only evolution, but evolution and a sex change for that to happen!

And finally as to the whole chicken/dog/pigeon > than human thing, I can see his point. The point being that aside from humans the rest of the animal kingdom has lived an ecologically neutral life, and we do not.
    Thousands, if not millions of species have come and gone from existance without human intervention. The "ecologically neutral life" is a life of constant change, some things do survive and some don't, I have yet to see a proveable point that we aren't part of that whole cycle.

Yes people are polluting, but only with chemicals already part of the earth. Yes people are farming animals, plants, changing the face of the planet, but who's to say that that isn't sustainable in the whole ecology and not just a part of how things change? There are endless scientific papers predicting and disproving the doomsday theories. One day nature may turn around and bite us in the arse as it has done other dominating species before us. We don't know if we're part of the cycle or the ones about to break it, it's just we are the first species to be able to see the current effect we are having.
    Last edited by chicken; 16-05-2007 at 01:22 AM.
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!!!!!

Thanks
    Your still arguing about mars bars? im actually laughing to myself

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by htid View Post
    to me it's worse for someone to eat meat than it is to murder a human.
    Sorry to go back to this, but thats a great quote.

I just re-read it on my pre bedtime browse, and its just great. Now I know where these PETA loons come from.

The way I personally see it (PERSONALLY!) is that given I can sustain myself in a satisfactory manner without eating animals, what reason is there for animals to be raised and killed simply to expand my menu?
    I eat meat because meat is tasty. Meat has protein. And my body can digest meat. Meat is a valid food source for humans, and has been for a vast amount of time.

Does that all change because you have had a 'wow, I can eat lentils and still live!' moment?

But hey, nothing in this thread is going to top htids quote - maybe nothing ever will, so lets just say; Mmmmmmmmm, Mars bars... so tasty.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken View Post
    Thousands, if not millions of species have come and gone from existance without human intervention. The "ecologically neutral life" is a life of constant change, some things do survive and some don't, I have yet to see a proveable point that we aren't part of that whole cycle.

Yes people are polluting...
    The thing is that extinctions that occur at natures hand are often capable of auxiliary gain; designs that are superior to the task in hand succeed those who aren’t and suchlike. Mankind’s extinctions tend to be driven by capital gain, which doesn’t tend to benefit the eco system.
    Yes we don’t as of yet know what the outcome is. What we can say is that at this current moment in time we are outstripping our recourses and that this isn’t sustainable. We can either adapt in some way or another, this will probably happen when the market forces demand it. But why do we have to wait till then when we can adapt now? If we don’t, well we disappear and nature will carry on regardless. If it’s to be the latter, it would be a crying shame as it would be needless and preventable.
    Of course in the long run earth itself has an definite lifespan, but it would be nice if we could hang around the joint for as long as possible!

I eat meat because meat is tasty. Meat has protein. And my body can digest meat. Meat is a valid food source for humans, and has been for a vast amount of time.

Does that all change because you have had a 'wow, I can eat lentils and still live!' moment?
    Of course it doesn’t and I wasn’t implying that it does. All I was saying was that for me the means don’t justify the ends when it comes to the production of animals for consumption.

May I ask why the constant mention of lentils? Given the breadth of the vegetarian menu it seems a little odd that you keep mentioning the one ingredient.

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    oh no htid don't say that. god dammit now your sounding like a loon

ps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephesians
    Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit
    Vodka

Banned
    Thanks
    May I ask why the constant mention of lentils? Given the breadth of the vegetarian menu it seems a little odd that you keep mentioning the one ingredient.
    You may.

Thanks
    Thanks.

Why the mono mention of lentils?

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    Why the mono mention of lentils?
    Vodka

SiM
    Thanks
    • SiM's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P5K Premium
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 8GB PC2-6400 OCZ ReaperX + Platinum
      • Storage:
      • 3 x 320gb HD322HJ single platter in Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PNY GTX285
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX650W
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2407-HC
    Who says a cow's soul is any different to ours? Their body might be different, but does that mean the life inside is?

I wouldn't exactly say human murder = to animal murder, but its not too far off imo. Putting it in another one of my crazy analogies ,it is like the difference between child rape and adult rape - child rape is worse but adult rape is still bad.

I'm sure not many of you would like to kill a cow/pig/wolf yourself to eat.

Lol, nice pic madduck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadduckUK View Post
    ps.
    What the...?
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!!!!!

Thanks
    Can I just say at this point that green>red when it comes to lentils.

That said red goes better in soup.

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    and with that tantalising culinary tip im off
    Vodka

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SiM View Post
    Who says a cow's soul is any different to ours? Their body might be different, but does that mean the life inside is?
    Its completely and udderly different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information