Re: Are the neighbours dealing?

Grass em up!

Get it....Grass?.....

woah, tough crowd

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arbitor View Post
    PMSL

Half of you lot wouldnt even know what a dealers life went like if he told you.

My old flatmate use to dabble and yes there were lots of people that came in and out but they were all his mates, i didnt care. in my mind its hardly anything major.

And he has a good job and has everything a non dealer has, stop the stereotyping, prositution, im actually still laughing.

Who cares, just let him get on with it what ever it is... if hes stupid he will get caught, if hes just got a lot of chavvy mates then fine, if hes selling 15 year olds ten bags then who cares..
    Did you read this before you posted it

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

do they have a large poly-tunnel on their balcony?

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2

Quote Originally Posted by schmunk View Post
    Yes, that is technically true, but I'll bet you the people you know don't freebase it, as that's a whole world away from Cocaine snorting, and a completely different market of users.

You've just argued my point here. Have you ever heard of a Heroin/Crack 'dabbler'? Me neither.

This may be true for you, but as you tend towards the Heroin/Crack market, where people are generally going to be less intelligent and more desparate, these tactics will be employed to gently ease people into addiction. TBH, I can't believe that so many people here don't believe this is the case - for me this is on a par with Holocaust denial...

I wasn't so much arguing against your point as saying that although some drugs are addictive yes, I don't think that there are in fact people giving away free samples like some sort of drug dealing AOL. I don't doubt that there are cases of it, however from my experience I would have to say it was a very tiny percentage of these people. That being said, if I knew a dealer who was a real nasty piece of work I probably wouldn't assosiate with them. I have not come across one yet tho...
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    • funke_munke's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
      • CPU:
      • i7 2600k + Noctua NH-U12F @ stock
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz low profile 1.35v @ stock
      • Storage:
      • 128gb Crucial M4 SSD + 3TB WD Red + Backup drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750w HX
      • Case:
      • Corsair 700d
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22" Samsung 226bw

A relative of mine who I lived with for a few years dealed for about 10 years, stopped doing it now, just sold weed, never hurt a fly.

Probably the least worrying person I've ever met actually. Never had any trouble either. Any trouble is going to go their way, and people coming to the house are unlikely to make trouble with their next door neighbour on account of probably losing their source of the ganja! Admittedly the noise could be pesky though, but as has been previously stated, you can kick up a fuss if it's after 11, but not really before.

On that note... How do you know what weed smells like? Eh.. EH?!

Hehe.

Thanks

When I was a student I went through a desperately poor stage, and took a room that was going very cheap. The guy in charge of the commune seemed pretty nice and was certainly free with his ganja, though I often had to pass because I was studying. I was a bit worried about the 15yr-old who seemed to hang around a lot and was stoned the whole time, though, and had to fend off the affections of a not-so-hot chick who was a drop out from secretarial school (...). The guy in charge certainly had a lot of 'friends', who would drop in late at night and then leave soon after.

After a couple of months I heard of a room going that wasn't much more and was in a household a lot more conducive to studying, so I took it. At the time, a friend of mine was desperately looking for a place, so I told him he could take my room. He'd taken several trips to the Transkei to bring back some weed to sell and I told him what the house was like. Naturally he said it all sounded very cool and he took over my room.

2 months later he was out on the street and raving at me. The cops had bust in at 2am to take out the dealer they were paying 'rent' to (he'd been using the rent from his sublets to finance his deals and the landlord hadn't seen a penny) and everyone's room had been thoroughly searched. The dealer was bust for a couple of pounds of weed. Luckily, my friend hadn't been holding much at the time and was let go, but typically he blamed me for not telling him what a mess dealers can make (nevermind that he was a small-time dealer himself). I just rolled my eyes, laughed at him and was glad I'd got out of it when I could.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zak33 View Post
    do they have a large poly-tunnel on their balcony?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    stupid betond belief.
    You owe it to yourself to click here really.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MSIC View Post
    It's not about blindly following rules, but it strikes me that there are a few possible arguments here, one of which is (potentially interestingly) about politics:
    2 extreme, opposing views being an Orwellian 1984, state-controlled type system that you seem to think i want (i do not), verses the other extreme of an anarchy where mob rules.
    Clearly neither of these should (or hopefully could) ever happen.
    I've not seen anyone here proposing any anarchy.

My proposal is based on what is, rather than what should be. We have a police force. They are a finite service. If we as a society want to have some sort of balance between freedom, crime, justice, and privacy then we need to think (yes, i agree that we as individuals should do this!) about when to get the larger services involved.
    So why tell Vini to report it to the police and let them decide what is right and wrong, when, as of yet there is no real problem to report and no evidence of any actions to debate the morality of? Everything so far has been speculation. You wouldn't phone the police every time you witnessed some kid in a hoodie walking the streets or exiting a shop because he might have stolen something? That's leaning towards the Orwellian side of things.

But i personally need to know that the public services (police, fire, ambulances, not to mention bin collecting, schools etc) that i help pay for are being directed properly
    I'm unsure what you mean here. If by 'directed properly' you mean people with a similar mindset to your own report what they see as you would, then I think you might be asking a little much.

If by 'directed properly' you mean run efficiently and effectively by the people who're in charge of them, you're asking the impossible

Thanks
    • schmunk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF7-S v2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon-M 2500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB of Corsair BH-5 and 512MB of something else
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X800Pro, flashed to XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-M ~400W
      • Case:
      • Antec cheapy
      • Monitor(s):
      • AG Neovo F19 LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 4MB/s

The Police work on the basis of 'reasonable suspicion' - as if they needed absolute proof of a crime to investigate, they'd never get anywhere.

From Vini's description, I (and I would say most others here) would have reasonable suspicion that his neighbours may be committing the crime of dealing drugs, and on that basis it would be correct to let the Police know these suspicions.

Registered+
    Thanks

It most likely would constitute reasonable suspicion. Just depends how Vini and his girlfriend feel about it.

Personally this is how I would see it:

Cars coming and going - 1st. could be young people with lots of friends 2nd - 20 cars a night coming and going within 5 minutes might cause me to raise an eyebrow. At the first sign of trouble I would report it.

Noise - could be a bit of a nuisance, depending on how bad/late it is I might have a word.

The constant smell of weed? - Pass the spliff please! Could just be smokers? It smells outside our house if a few of us have been smoking and stupidly left the windows open.

No known trouble in the area - Then why make trouble for myself/someone else?

People coming to the door wanting next door - Depends on the frequency. Once or twice in a couple of weeks I'd let it slide. A couple of times a week might piss me off enough to report them.

Girlfriend feeling intimidated - This would take precedence for me. I'd ask what she would want to do. No one should be made to feel intimidated in their own home by any one. Regardless of what they may or may not be doing.
    Last edited by trusz; 06-09-2007 at 12:18 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information