Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Chav Tales...

Thanks
    A few weeks ago, I was waiting for my dad to come to pick me up in his car after I'd riden my bike to our agreed meeting place, some 15ish year old came up to me and said that it was his bike and he would like it back. Now I often find the best way to counter this (and to delay time etc) is to have a polite discussion about it.

I asked him why he though it was his:

"It just is - I erm, I brought it"

So then I told him why I though it was mine:

"It has a nice handy lock for which I have a key for in my pocket" *locks bike up*

He then said he was going to get his mate to come round and "knock me out"!

Another experience also involving my bike:
    I was cycling to a "rough" part of town, when two youths were walking down the street. When I got to my destination, one of them said,

"We know where you live now - we're going to egg your house tonight etc etc"

It wasn't my house - I just hope that nothing happened to said house as a result of me being there...

Back in Sunny UK...and it is sunny too :D...pleasant surprise.
    Thanks
    Follow them and drop a can of petrol by the door late at night with a note saying this is the change for the eggs and you'll be back later with the matches
    "You want loyalty? ......get a dog!"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras
    LOL, who is this guy? I'm 24 if you must know, but have read quite extensively around the area of the decline of manufacturing communities and the effect of the policies of the Conservative government of the 80s breaking those communities. I've also got first-hand experience of the latter, having lived for a year in Luton where the Vauxhall plant has scaled back massively, and if you want to see Chavs try working in a phone store in Luton... My grandfather worked his entire life at Leyland Motors and lived on one of the most 'council' of estates in Lancashire. Since the plant has almost shut down completely he's found a gradual but now pretty much complete change in attitude on the estate where he's living: no-one goes to the social club any more, and in the past if some youngsters were acting up you could go and see their parents as they were more than likely connected to the works in some way, or the rest of the community would take quite firm collective action against them. Now he feels like he's living not in a community, but just a house as these people have moved out or passed on. Now it's all people for whom rampant consumerism has taken over any other idea or goal in their life, and showing off their latest car/bling/trainers to their mates gets them a higher social standing than holding down a job.
    This guy is someone who strongly disagrees with your views (or should I say your Grandfathers?) But I do agree with a points you makes.

1) no-one goes to the social club any more
    I, for one, 100% blame the conservative government for this, they guard the doors so well.

So in future, when blaming the state of the entire Country squarely on the Conservatives, have a think about what the other partys have done for us, especially Mr B.Liar and his 7 wonderous promises of keptness.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzlad
    1) no-one goes to the social club any more
    Indicative maybe? When there was some form of community, social clubs or even the local pub were very popular. Now most people hardly know their neighbours' names, let alone meet them socially on a regular basis. If you want to continue with throwaway flippant remarks about conservative doormen, you're more than welcome, but actually thinking about issues helps

So in future, when blaming the state of the entire Country squarely on the Conservatives, have a think about what the other partys have done for us, especially Mr B.Liar and his 7 wonderous promises of keptness.
    Besides actually thinking, actually reading is also helpful. Where'd I lay the entire blame of everything that's wrong with the country at the Conservatives? We were talking about the rise of Chavs, were we not, and their rampant consumerism, rather than the state of the entire country? I merely stated that the death of society and the pursuit of greed and the self espoused by Thatcher is a contributing factor, not the whole factor... That is of course unless you're blaming Chavs for every single thing that is wrong with the country. The issues run far deeper than blaming 'the unemployed'... after all I wonder how many unemployed can really afford phat Novas. Chavs span from the unemployed Waynetta types to wide-boy live-at-home 100% disposable income types: saying the Chav phenomenon is solely down to unemployment benefits is being rather simplistic and knee-jerk.

Thanks
    Wow. That sure told me.
    Not.

Indicative maybe? When there was some form of community, social clubs or even the local pub were very popular. Now most people hardly know their neighbours' names, let alone meet them socially on a regular basis
    And when did COMMUNITY die out? What cause that? You were talking politics and now have gone on a complete tangent, in the internets most favourable, take a quote out of context, style.

I merely stated that the death of society and the pursuit of greed and the self espoused by Thatcher is a contributing factor, not the whole factor
    And I merely stated that: Working class Britian didn't have much of a heart to tear out, and if it was to be torn, it would have been black. There is no greed akin to that of a person capable of working being on the dole and living off Mr Blairs Nanny state.

Your opinion is different from mine. Take it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RVF500
    So, eradicate any hip hop etc and ban any new musical revolutions and all will be well

or alternativley you can "shoot the bastards"
    www.tech-tronix.com

Thanks
    I got into twubble here for shooting things (cats that insist on poohing on my lawn). So I'm laying off the shooting theme for a bit. I suggest drowning in a water butt instead.

Thanks
    Cats>Chavs. Fire at will.

Thanks
    I got in trouble once for shooting, an air rifle, but because it was over a certain power it was classed as a firearm...

Makes for interesting conversations when ur stopped by the police n they ask u if u've ever been in trouble before and you answer with "Discharging a firearm in a public place"

Thanks
    Davefrost will win this firearms conversation. It involves a chav hitting a girl, dave and a berreta 92fs and 20 armed police 1 hour later.

:S

^-- I'm with stupid --^
    Thanks
    I have family who could be classed as Chav.

...A story of pain
    tom@meangasoline.co.uk | RIP Zoltan

Canon 350d | 50 F/1.8 Mk II | 70-200 F/4 L | 1Gb Sandisk Ultra III

Thanks
    I got into twubble here for shooting things (cats that insist on poohing on my lawn).
    OT but if you did that to my cat i'd shoot you in the face...

Thanks
    If your cat decides to use my lawn as a latrine then I'll slot the damn thing. I'd also be quite happy to return any of it's deposits to you and you can have your children stepping in it instead of mine.

Chavs of course don't need to go to the extremes of fouling my lawn. Be quite happy to do away with them as a matter of public service.

Footnote: the cat thing was after a protracted campaign to deter the thing (was only one) but as all other attempts failed then I resorted to the final solution. No cat, no problem. You could view chavs the same way.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RVF500
    If your cat decides to use my lawn as a latrine then I'll slot the damn thing. I'd also be quite happy to return any of it's deposits to you and you can have your children stepping in it instead of mine.
    Nice one mate and I know how you feel. Sick of having my garden smell like a cats toilet

Thanks
    Best way to get rid of cats in your garden is to have a friend with a big snake, put some of the snake crap in the garden somewhere and u'll not see a cat again...

Thanks
    when did this turn into 'cat tales'

can we have this thread stuck

Thread Information