Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Attacks in Paris

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Attacks in Paris

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    The irony of talking about the media brainwashing people and then mentioning religion......

Religion is brainwashing and that is the problem. These problems will always exist as long as people have a non-existent entity to hide behind.
    No, these problems will exist while there are people who wish to use violence to achieve their political ends. Religion may be an excuse, but there are other examples of violence/terror where religion is not the justification.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Intel core i7 920 @ 3ghz
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung F1, 500GB Seagate baracuda + 320gb Seagate PATA +150GB WD PATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 600W Module PSU FTW
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A7010B (the rolls royce of pc cases)
      • Operating System:
      • vista ultimate edition and windows xp
      • Monitor(s):
      • 22inch 2005FPW dell monitor
      • Internet:
      • 24mb BE There Broadband

im catholic and i believe religion of any kind causes conflicts and wars in general.

Dont forget, over 100 years ago a few catholics/christians where doing exact same terrorist acts amongs innocent lives back in the day.

So dont suger coat it and think its just muslims now because before them the chistians where just as ruthless.

IMO, the sooner we have more none believers in our world, the better for us all as some small minority seem to take religoin as an excuse to kill innocent lives.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j.o.s.h.1408 View Post
    im catholic and i believe religion of any kind causes conflicts and wars in general.

Dont forget, over 100 years ago a few catholics/christians where doing exact same terrorist acts amongs innocent lives back in the day.

So dont suger coat it and think its just muslims now because before them the chistians where just as ruthless.

IMO, the sooner we have more none believers in our world, the better for us all as some small minority seem to take religoin as an excuse to kill innocent lives.
    This just isn't true. I mean we're talking in huge generalities here but I'd say it's greed, lust for power, and a general human tendency to dislike, and fight against, anything 'different' that causes war. It's me saying that what's best for me and my tribe is more important than what's best for you and your tribe, and that at times you and yours are expendable for me and mine.

Lots of people have done lots of evil in the name of lots of ideologies, but let's not conflate different issues. We have here the matter of holding individuals and individual groups responsible for their actions. We also have the evaluation of comparative religions or, on a wider scale, ideologies and worldviews. Some may be more prone towards violence and conflict or compassion, than others. The two issues are obviously related but they remain distinct.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    Completely agree, but luckily in this country there aren't any problems with questioning or debating.
    Completely incorrect.

I was censored here on Hexus for describing someone who had sex with a 6 to 9 year old child as a pedophile. I'm not sure what else you would call it. This is from a doctrine that enshrines such behaviour as divine.

You can not criticise religions, people protect them from having such claims made. So people are allowed to practice their ludicrous beliefs....
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

watch this:

http://www.mensxp.com/special-featur...tching-it.html

Basically The americans are the main culprits of the rise of ISIS by them leaving all there weaponised vehicles in Iraq from the previous civil war and supplying ISIS with other weapons!

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    Completely incorrect.

I was censored here on Hexus for describing someone who had sex with a 6 to 9 year old child as a pedophile. I'm not sure what else you would call it. This is from a doctrine that enshrines such behaviour as divine.

You can not criticise religions, people protect them from having such claims made. So people are allowed to practice their ludicrous beliefs....
    Since when is Hexus the arbiter on law? Hexus, as a private forum, can set what further rules it likes - including those on swearing, tone, topic, politeness etc. that have nothing to do with the law and everything to do with the kind of forum they want to run. That doesn't stop you from discussing what you want outside of Hexus.

7. Received thanks from:

j.o.s.h.1408 (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Since when is Hexus the arbiter on law? Hexus, as a private forum, can set what further rules it likes - including those on swearing, tone, topic, politeness etc. that have nothing to do with the law and everything to do with the kind of forum they want to run. That doesn't stop you from discussing what you want outside of Hexus.
    He diddnt say it was arbiter law. You stated that we have freedom to speak here when in reality we don't in certain places

Registered+
    Thanks

He diddnt say it was arbiter law. You stated that we have freedom to speak here when in reality we don't in certain places
    Never a truer word spoken

Thanks

actually this is a public forum - anyone can read the comments here without registering.

which means if you slander or defame a person , they *could* sue the owners for the posters details , then take legal action against the poster ; this has happened elsewhere (PPRUNE for example - where Ryanair was defamed , so the airline went after the forum owners)

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by HalloweenJack View Post
    actually this is a public forum - anyone can read the comments here without registering.

which means if you slander or defame a person , they *could* sue the owners for the posters details , then take legal action against the poster ; this has happened elsewhere (PPRUNE for example - where Ryanair was defamed , so the airline went after the forum owners)
    Yes, note I said 'further' rules (ie, in addition).

Thanks
    • The Hand's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200mhz (8GBx2)
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Kingston SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce RTX 2060 Super 8GB Dual Series
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520 Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Praetorian
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 32 inch HD TV
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbps Fibre

I'm thinking all Black Friday "Sales" should be cancelled considering the risk of further attacks in Europe is likely to be very high. Asda already cancelled theirs since the borderline riots they had last year.. also Christmas and New Years shopping and festivities are going to be a major security headache/risk.

Apparently the government are advising in the event of a terrorist attack, to run and hide and not to "play dead" by the way for obvious reasons..

Thanks
    • j.o.s.h.1408's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6T Delux
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 3GB DDR RAM
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 480GTX SC edition
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by The Hand View Post
    I'm thinking all Black Friday "Sales" should be cancelled considering the risk of further attacks in Europe is likely to be very high. Asda already cancelled theirs since the borderline riots they had last year.. also Christmas and New Years shopping and festivities are going to be a major security headache/risk.

Apparently the government are advising in the event of a terrorist attack, to run and hide and not to "play dead" by the way for obvious reasons..
    yea this is insane man.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by directhex View Post
    Are you capable of distinguishing between the KKK or Westboro Baptist Church, and your local church?
    Yes I am, and are you capable of distinguishing between the KKK and Daesh?

I acknowledge that there are terrorist groups that are active in the world that claim a Christian identity. Most are active in Africa.

However, can we walk into a book store in any city in Europa and purchase a book that glorifies the killing of non Christians? Not in Barcelona or, from my travels, in Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam or London. And if it were available it would be banned from sale in the stores. But walk into any Sunni Islamic book store, and find that the best sellers are hard line Wahhabi texts either in Arabic or translated into Spanish, English, French or German. These are texts that are interpretations of the Corán, and can be claimed if banned it's religious censorship. That virus has been left to grow for at least 20 years and probably longer.

Until the general populous discover that, they are not going to see the big picture.

But for discussion, may we say your point of view is correct for one moment, and most Muslims in Europe do not have hard line views. I don't see examples of hardliners being rejected by their community, just countless quotes where the wife or relative of the attacker "had not idea my Husband was hard line". Of course the wife of a suicide bomber can't confess she knew. The Muslims communities in Spain, Untied Kingdom, Germany and France will protect themselves. So we are back to the reality that hard line Islamic views are the normal condition or at very least not uncommon or unexpected.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

Quote Originally Posted by barca-loner View Post
    Yes I am, and are you capable of distinguishing between the KKK and Daesh?

I acknowledge that there are terrorist groups that are active in the world that claim a Christian identity. Most are active in Africa.

However, can we walk into a book store in any city in Europa and purchase a book that glorifies the killing of non Christians? Not in Barcelona or, from my travels, in Berlin, Paris, Amsterdam or London. And if it were available it would be banned from sale in the stores. But walk into any Sunni Islamic book store, and find that the best sellers are hard line Wahhabi texts either in Arabic or translated into Spanish, English, French or German. These are texts that are interpretations of the Corán, and can be claimed if banned it's religious censorship. That virus has been left to grow for at least 20 years and probably longer.

Until the general populous discover that, they are not going to see the big picture.

But for discussion, may we say your point of view is correct for one moment, and most Muslims in Europe do not have hard line views. I don't see examples of hardliners being rejected by their community, just countless quotes where the wife or relative of the attacker "had not idea my Husband was hard line". Of course the wife of a suicide bomber can't confess she knew. The Muslims communities in Spain, Untied Kingdom, Germany and France will protect themselves. So we are back to the reality that hard line Islamic views are the normal condition or at very least not uncommon or unexpected.
    One of the wives of the 7/7 bombers said afterwards "she had no idea". She lied through her teeth. She is now a fully fledged terrorist on the international wanted list, believe to have partaken in the Kenya attacks. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...l-Shabaab.html

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    Completely incorrect.

I'm not sure which post you are referring to, but I have moderated posts (including yours) where the tone might be considered inflammatory or an allegation that has not been proved in a court of law. So describing someone who has been convicted for having sex with a 9 year old as a paedophile would be acceptable. Where that is conjecture, it would not.

Indeed. While we encourage debate and discussion we except it to be conducted in a reasonably civilised manner, so attacking an idea is fine, but attacking the person (verbally!) is not. We also have to be mindful of the legal considerations regarding incitement to stir up racial hatred and similar. As non of the mod team are lawyers, we will always err on the side of caution and remove anything that we think might be in contravention of those laws.

We occasionally see comments about denying "the right to free speech". Such a right exists in that you can go down to speakers corner at Hyde Park and say what you like, but you are then accountable take responsibility for what you say.

As a private forum where members are able to post only after they have bee invited (including self invitation) you implicitly agree to the rules and decisions by the mod team. Of course, we don't always get it right, so anyone who feels they have been unfairly treated does have a right of appeal to the site owners, HEXUS Ltd.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    No, these problems will exist while there are people who wish to use violence to achieve their political ends. Religion may be an excuse, but there are other examples of violence/terror where religion is not the justification.
    People do not blow themselves up to give someone else a bit more political power.

They can be pursued to do it under a religious context though.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information