Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXUS.reviews :: WORLD EXCLUSIVE! INTEL CONROE BENCHMARKED

Banned
    Thanks
    Best thing is to wait to see what they are like when they 'actually' become available to the general public.

I for one will be watching closely.

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterBruno
    Well sorry but I had a discussion....
    Linky no worky, but assuming that it's www.motherboards.org, and you're talking about Doc Overclock, I just searched for any comments by the Doc that matched what you posted, or mentioned the name Bruno, and got zero. Zip. Nada. Gornischt. Perhaps you could post a corrected link showing the comments?

DR
    Thanks
    I have found a link which will allow him to pick one up

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    I have found a link which will allow him to pick one up
    Those the "strictly not for sale" engineering samples then?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Registered+
    Thanks
    I get the feeling Conroe is merely a mechanism for Intel to buy time. As in give the Intel Engineers enough time for their CSI to be ready. (ie: Their answer to AMD's HyperTransport...I think its the same idea).

Conroe/Merom as dual-core solutions are fine...Its when you start looking at the Xeon version, that's when it'll start to hurt. From about quad-core/CPU config, is when you start seeing things become limited due to the shared bus nature. (And that's when you see AMD's solutions do better when you increase the number of cores OR physical processors).

Also, I hear rumours of when Conroe uses up all its Cache, it takes a larger performance hit than an AMD solution, is that true? How can one test this or simulate such a scenario?

Overall, I'm not waiting for the Conroe, I'm waiting for Merom. See how it compares to the "Energy Efficient" 35W variant of the A64 X2 3800+. It'll be great for my "low noise, but powerful" box I want to build. (CPU's TDP must be in the same class as my old PIII setups...about 30W to 40W)

OT: As for MacQuest and t4d jabbering about Apple vs Microsoft?

THEY BOTH SUCK.

I've colored the following in RED, so you don't have to read it, if you don't want to.

Apple
    => Gets regular PC bits, turns it into a "life-style" product, and then charges a bundle for it. No sane person will fall for this nonsense. (And most don't, because they can't afford it!)

=> OS X...Wow, what an OS! Its interesting that Apple simply grabbed open-source bits from here and there, slapped it together with a pretty GUI, so any desktop user powered by a "spider monkey" brain can use it. What's more, they charge money for regular updates...While the open-source bits they took from will always be free.

=> Quality? Their quality control and after sales support have been utterly shocking. They should also educate their assemblers on how to apply thermal material properly! If Apple users need to organise a protest in regards to quality of a certain Apple product, you really have to wonder when a "Mac Fan" talks about quality.

=> Apple and Steve Jobs are control freaks. Publish books about Jobs the wrong way, and he'll get your book pulled off the Apple shops! (Its like speaking ill about a Dictator). And what about the way they control info? Reveal too much about their upcoming products, and I guarantee you'll get a nice "cease and desist" notice, PLUS be taken to court...They'll crush you with their lawyer power.

=> Their ads always stir controversy...They assume all PC users are Windows users. They call this humour. I call this insecurity.

=> Little is actually known, but they manage to infect some people with the "Apple virus". A common sympton of this is "OS X rules all OSs". (Apple promotes an elitist attitude of superiority)...There's nothing superior when your wallet is lighter than mine, is there?

Microsoft
    => Convicted Monopolist. Don't feel sorry for them, once you're convicted in this manner, special rules apply to you and no one else.

=> Has more anti-trust cases than you can poke a stick at. USA, EU, and South Korea. Their tactic has always been to steal other company's ideas, and then settle out of court. Why? BECAUSE THEY CAN AFFORD IT! They make BILLIONS every year and spend a few million on settlements.

=> Windows...Its amazing how the hardware requirements just go up with every release! ...What scares me is that people accept that installing third-party security apps, rebooting and defragging regularly, is considered normal system use!

=> They don't provide REAL solutions to their security problems, they provide band-aids instead! Its cheaper and quicker to do, then actually solve problems.

=> Their PR marketing machine is utterly ruthless. They will say everything and anything to make themselves look good. (The difference between Microsoft and everyone else is: Microsoft are BAD LIERS! The truth always comes out!)...Anyone in the industry knows this! Next time, if your business uses Linux or Unix servers, note the BS that come out of MS reps mouths about security and reliability! Hell, they'll even offer you discounts to get you into running Windows! (We told them to get lost).

=> Microsoft does NOT have friends. They have business partners...Its no wonder their competitors are teaming up on them in court cases. The way they do business is essentially: Kill all the men, plunder the village, rape all the women, and then boast about how they're the innocent party using their PR via tech sites like ZDNet.

=> Ever hear how brutal they can be? No? Well, if they suspect that you're using a non-legit copy of Windows in your business (even though it is legit), they will insist (and harass) about the need for them to send one of their reps to audit ALL your systems! They will not accept anything else, unless you throw your lawyers into it! In other cases, they will literally crush your business if they find out your copy of Windows isn't legit! (I'm not talking about buying you out, I'm talking about bankruptcy!)

Both Microsoft and Apple
    => Security Policy? "Security through obscurity". They need some hacker to threaten them with releasing info about potential exploits, just to get them to release patches! Microsoft is worse, as they have to nag the hell out of them, just to get them to move their elephant ass! (big and slow).

=> Both Gates and Jobs are from the same computing era. You can tell when they publically put down competitors with blatent lies and nonsense. If you really are competiting in a business, why not let your products and service speak for you? Apparently, that's not enough...You have to resort to Kindergarden-style name calling and teasing as well. Real mature fellas, real mature.

=> Both provide "easy to use" products...Nothing wrong with that...Until something isn't working right! By promoting and providing such products, you have effectively dumbed down everyone to such a level that they will depend on you...For life! You're no longer independent and free...You're a slave. And you paid to be one! (And don't say Windows comes free with a new PC or notebook...Its not free. Its the same price a 1GB of DDR RAM).

Who am I cheering for? Open-source.

Currently the underdog of the desktop market, but offers things that neither Apple or Microsoft can provide me. (Free, choice, independence, flexibility, and surprising reliability and stability). And before you question "reliability and stability", do a search on what webservers use for their OS. You'd be surprised at what this website uses.

Thanks
    I received a mail via outlook so this was a private mail from Doc Overclock so you can't find it but the review was only for the FX62 and not a comparing of Conroe and FX62 because the Conroe doesn't excist yet said Doc and all the reviews are bull****.

Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    OK, well he was wrong, since as noted above you can pick up engineering samples of Conroe on ebay. In this instance, the CPU exists, the boards to support it exist, and it is possible to test both. One can argue about the methodology of the tests, and the conclusions drawn, but not about the existence of the CPU. Think about it Bruno; Core2Duo (Conroe flavour) ships in about a month. You seriously imagine that the processors don't exist for testing and preview purposes? Does that make sense?

Thanks
    Yeah please stop being an blind to the facts. Conroe exists and people have them. Fugger over at XS has had his for quite some time, never mind Hexus

Anyone feel this thread dragging on....

Yep there it is...
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

t4d
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stmok
    OT: As for MacQuest and t4d jabbering about Apple vs Microsoft?

I've colored the following in RED, so you don't have to read it, if you don't want to.
    Well it's good to hear from a supporter from the Open Source side of things, welcome aboard!

As I have already made my own comments relating to most of your post in my discussions with MacQuest, I'll not repeat them here, but there were a couple of points that I would like respond to:

Microsoft
    1) Windows...Its amazing how the hardware requirements just go up with every release!
    You call those hardware requirements? Windows has NEVER been known to be demanding for their hardware requirements, they always provide lower than needed specs (which is not a good thing either). Windows does need to be re-written and released every few years to adapt to all the new hardware that has become available or that will become available. This is down to the PC industry as a whole. Don't believe me, just look at the whole Intel / AMD battle or those between nVidia / ATI to name a few.

Both Microsoft and Apple
    2) Security Policy? "Security through obscurity". They need some hacker to threaten them with releasing info about potential exploits, just to get them to release patches! Microsoft is worse, as they have to nag the hell out of them, just to get them to move their elephant ass! (big and slow).
    Have you ever wondered why they take so long? Put yourself in their shoes, as a Developer who has written thousands of lines of code and your boss comes in to tell you of a bug/exploit. Now you wrote that code sometime ago and now it needs fixing.....

Who am I cheering for? Open-source.

Currently the underdog of the desktop market, but offers things that neither Apple or Microsoft can provide me. (Free, choice, independence, flexibility, and surprising reliability and stability). And before you question "reliability and stability", do a search on what webservers use for their OS. You'd be surprised at what this website uses.
    Open source has certainly brought some fresh ideas to the fore and you say that Microsoft and Apple cannot provide you? Yet they will eventually, lol

Both Open Source and Apple fall short on being able to provide a suitable platform for games at the moment. Support is growing within the open source community and also from the manufacturers who have been providing better driver support, but things are still a little way off yet. Perhaps by the time the next incarnation of Windows after Vista hits the shelves, the Open source community may be in a strong enough position to make the switch worthwhile for me, but until then, Windows has my vote.

Registered+
    Thanks
    lol bruno get some sense there is heaps of conroes all over the net being overclocked to 4.6 ghz , taking world records with super pi :|

they dont allow world records with cpus that dont exist also cpu z dont support cpus that aint real lol get ur facts right , and dont listen to some doc guy , sounds like his abit jealous cuse he aint got his hands on a conroe to test. lol

neways i hope u realised by now that conroe processors r real and do exisit , all companys send out products a few months before release , specialy if there proud of it , if intel didn't send out products to b benchmarkd heaps of people wud of bought amd am2 ,

i no i wud of , so intel send it out really early to show wats coming soo people wait , neways ati allways sends out there gfx cards about a month maybe 2 before and they get reviewd and people decide if they wnana buy it

but then u got people that dont make htere mind up till the product comes out cuse they dont belive it to b that good lol

but yes they r real
    Last edited by Bob Crabtree; 31-05-2006 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks
    Surely there should have been a full stop somewhere in there, Keta?
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

t4d
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Surely there should have been a full stop somewhere in there, Keta?
    lol, there was! 3rd line down

Quote Originally Posted by keta
    lol get ur facts right , and dont listen to some doc guy , sounds like his abit jealous cuse he aint got his hands on a conroe to test.

Registered+
    Thanks
    ahahahah sorry , i just kept typing and didn't stop lol.

Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    A hardware enthusiast with OCD...now there's a dangerous mix ...

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Quote Originally Posted by nichomach
    A hardware enthusiast with OCD...now there's a dangerous mix ...

..comes with the territory doesn't it?
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

DR
    Thanks

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information