Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little help O/C'ing 3500+ plz...?

Thanks
    Srry I misread your post initially. I thought you were talking about 3000+ winchesters. Still don't think too many would do that without raising vcore though.
    Is that 24 hour prime stable?
    Whys your RAM running cas3?

Registered+
    Thanks
    yeah 24/7 prime stable

2x 512MB OCZ PC3700EB @ 247mhz 3-2-2-8 1T

OCZ PC3700EB is rated 3-3-2-8 and cas3 = cas2/2.5 performance for OCZ Enhanced Bandwidth memory

Thanks
    Thanks for the linky Eva..

I tried half a dozen approaches last night - trying to make notes as I went. I'm presuming that it's better to have high FSB and tight timings, rather than just shooting for a higher CPU clock? I was aiming to get the highest bandwidth score in Memtest, just to give me an idea of what effect my changes were having at that level.

I had successful Memtests at up to 235x11 @ 2-3-3-7-1T @ vDIMM 2.8v. Trying higher HTT or multi, and it fell over on test6 very badly.

I also had successful Memtests at 275x8 @ 2.5-4-4-8-1T @ vDIMM 2.9v. Again, after that, the same failures in test6.

I still trying to get my head around this - but I don't think I'm doing anything ultimo stupid - I just don't think the CPU is a good clocker.

I can boot to WinXP with high clocks - I tried a combination of 'go for brokes' and got 290x9, giving me 2.6GHz, but that was with 1.6vCORE. With that clock, I scored my 32sec SuperPi - but with the side of my case on, my load temps got to ~56deg so I decided it was time to stop playing..

That's another thing - This CoolerMaster case is PANTS for airflow! I have 2x80mm intake at the front, 1x80mm exhaust at the top, and 1x80mm exhaust at the back. With the side off my case, my CPU idle temps drop by 8 degrees!

I have bought a second 120mm Panaflo, with the intention of cutting a hole in the side panel, and mounting it over, say, the GFX card area. Question is, do I suck or blow? If I suck, I risk starving the GFX cards of air altogether - whereas if I blow, the hot air will just get spread about the case and not help much.

Advice, as always, is appreciated,
    S.
    Last edited by BlueMagician; 07-03-2005 at 11:33 AM.

OMG!! PWND!!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMagician
    I have bought a second 120mm Panaflo, with the intention of cutting a hole in the side panel, and mounting it over, say, the GFX card area. Question is, do I suck or blow? If I suck, I risk starving the GFX cards of air altogether - whereas if I blow, the hot air will just get spread about the case and not help much.
    I would blow, as you said, the case is better with the side off, which is suggesting that there isnt enough cold air getting in, so why not give it a bucket load of the stuff

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Applecrusher
    I would blow, as you said, the case is better with the side off, which is suggesting that there isnt enough cold air getting in, so why not give it a bucket load of the stuff
    I hear some people say it's best to get the hot air out, whilst others like you, say blat air into it.

I was toying with the idea of yet another one directly over the CPU area too, but, noise it a concern, as is actually having any metal of the side left to cut... lol.

S.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information