Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: * Star Citizen *

ZaO

Re: * Star Citizen *

Quote Originally Posted by RT-XD View Post
    I was a little surprised you had to get into these new given trainer ships to actually run the simulation. I thought the idea was that you get into your own ship and then start the simulation?

Or is this something that will be implemented later on?
    yeh they haven't got all the ships sorted yet. they're gradually adding them all in though. so for now we just get the nearest available substitute to what we own. i guess i can look forward to having a couple more cannons on my aurora ln, compared to the aurora mr's two cannons

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Indeed.

I still hear whisperings that some backers/subs/vets/originals/whatever-they're-called will get a one-use 24hr voucher, wherein you can try out any one ship (ie, one you do not already own) of your choice for 24 hours... although some rumours say it's all ships for 24 hours, while others say it's all ships for 24 hours each...

The 'trainer' ships are the basic models, in order to give feedback a semblance of uniformity.
    What people have bought could be any number of variant models (I have a 300i, my friend has the 315, another has the 325 and there are still more...), the varying characteristics of which could skew the results too much for CIG's liking.

I actually like this 300i Hire Ship's grey paint scheme, as well!

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    Indeed.

I still hear whisperings that some backers/subs/vets/originals/whatever-they're-called will get a one-use 24hr voucher, wherein you can try out any one ship (ie, one you do not already own) of your choice for 24 hours... although some rumours say it's all ships for 24 hours, while others say it's all ships for 24 hours each...

The 'trainer' ships are the basic models, in order to give feedback a semblance of uniformity.
    What people have bought could be any number of variant models (I have a 300i, my friend has the 315, another has the 325 and there are still more...), the varying characteristics of which could skew the results too much for CIG's liking.

I actually like this 300i Hire Ship's grey paint scheme, as well!
    i heard something similar to this. i thought chris said in an episode of 10 for the chairman, that we would all get to try out a few different ships at some point. just for the sake of them being able to receive more feedback on how they all fly. but, my mind could be making this up

Thanks
    • The Hand's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200mhz (8GBx2)
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Kingston SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce RTX 2060 Super 8GB Dual Series
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520 Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Praetorian
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 32 inch HD TV
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbps Fibre

Well it looks like No Man's Sky is getting noticed at E3 now:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27807167

5. Received thanks from:

kalniel (12-06-2014)

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by The Hand View Post
    Well it looks like No Man's Sky is getting noticed at E3 now:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27807167
    i've been aware of this game since early this year. but i haven't really seen much in the way of updates for it, so i shall check that link in a minute
    it looks like they've finally put a little bit of content on the website as well: http://nomansky.com/

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:

Having more problems flying the Aurora last night and I think I figured out the issue.
    Every time I start to get the hang of it - small, delicate corrections and all that, just lining the target up - the opposing smartass thrusters counterfire to check the correctional movement I just input and throw my aim completely off!!

If it weren't for those stoopid things, my crosshair would actually stay on target, instead of scribing cirles round it like a bloody Spirograph!!

I played around with disabling the coupling, G-Safe and whatever that other one was, but that seemed to only give me a badly-programmed Pitch & Yaw, Freelancer style... and most of the other controls seemed to stop working entirely.
    Only cool thing was when I kept making myself black out.

ZaO

Having more problems flying the Aurora last night and I think I figured out the issue.
    Every time I start to get the hang of it - small, delicate corrections and all that, just lining the target up - the opposing smartass thrusters counterfire to check the correctional movement I just input and throw my aim completely off!!

If it weren't for those stoopid things, my crosshair would actually stay on target, instead of scribing cirles round it like a bloody Spirograph!!

I played around with disabling the coupling, G-Safe and whatever that other one was, but that seemed to only give me a badly-programmed Pitch & Yaw, Freelancer style... and most of the other controls seemed to stop working entirely.
    Only cool thing was when I kept making myself black out.
    ah i know what you mean! there has been plenty of discussions about this on rsi. is all about balancing realism, with what is actually fun! i hope the 100% realism hardcore guys don't win the war! i definitely prefer my games to be primarily geared towards realism, in general. but sometimes we need to draw a bloody line somewhere haha!

just think of the decouple thing as a way to drift in one direction, while aiming/looking/facing wherever the hell you want. that's basically the only real purpose it serves. though in arena commander, so far, it serves a few more purposes/ways of moving. which is actually not necessary in a lot of people's opinion. you should be able to move in all these other directions without bothering switching modes. something that elite dangerous actually does better, from what i can tell. though i haven't actually played it yet

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    just think of the decouple thing as a way to drift in one direction, while aiming/looking/facing wherever the hell you want.
    I did that, quite a bit yesterday. I'm quite adept at flying this way, using Engine Kill in a Sabre while playing Freelancer.
    The kicker in SC is that you seemingly cannot hit the afterburner or re-engage the drive engine(s) without switching modes, though, which immediately renders it half-useless... unless, of course, you're using a high-end HOTAS with all these commands on one easy cluster and so can re-engage in a fraction of a second.

I still hate the trhusters throwing me off aim, though.
    It is a bit more stable at lower speeds, but then the turns seem slower and I still swear the Vanduul are defying the same physics I'm bound by. The cheating little *******s keep flying outside the simulation zone as well!!

ZaO

I did that, quite a bit yesterday. I'm quite adept at flying this way, using Engine Kill in a Sabre while playing Freelancer.
    The kicker in SC is that you seemingly cannot hit the afterburner or re-engage the drive engine(s) without switching modes, though, which immediately renders it half-useless... unless, of course, you're using a high-end HOTAS with all these commands on one easy cluster and so can re-engage in a fraction of a second.

I still hate the trhusters throwing me off aim, though.
    It is a bit more stable at lower speeds, but then the turns seem slower and I still swear the Vanduul are defying the same physics I'm bound by. The cheating little *******s keep flying outside the simulation zone as well!!
    haha yeh i feel your pain with all of this man! i watched a video on gamespot of chris roberts at e3 the other day. from what he said, i get the impression that they won't be changing a massive amount with the flight model. it's probably not going to turn into an atmospheric style dogfight, but in a space setting. i can respect that though. even though i think it's less fun! it was actually interesting to hear how they've done the flight model. it seems a lot more intelligent than other games. there's not a set of parameters that you can just tweak to change how things fly. it's all actually done in realtime via the physics engine. and so getting the thrusters to work right must've taken them ages! especially as they had to program the intelligent system that tries to figure out where the user wants to go, where they want to face, and adjust the thrusters for that in realtime. that explains these movements you're experiencing. it's quite admirable what they've done here. but again, is it more fun this way? well it's down to personal taste i guess. i'm just going to learn to fly with whatever flight model they give us. the over all game will be great, i'm sure
    Last edited by ZaO; 13-06-2014 at 05:55 PM.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

They just need QWOP for the FPS sections now then

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    They just need QWOP for the FPS sections now then
    haha yes!!

Thanks
    • hypnoticstate's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 2600 3.40GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 3.5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvida Geforce GTX 560 Ti 1.2GB
      • PSU:
      • 700Mhz
      • Case:
      • Xclio 3060PLUS Inc 36cm Side Panel Fan
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 21" Full HD

Is this supposed to be similar to Elite: Dangerous?
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 3.40GHz, MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, RAM: 8GB DDR3, Storage: 3.5TB, Graphics card: Nvida Geforce GTX 560 Ti 1.2GB, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by hypnoticstate View Post
    Is this supposed to be similar to Elite: Dangerous?
    They are in the same genre of game, so yes. Of course, within a genre there's room for a lot of differences!

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:

Well, after the latest wordy ramble from Chris Roberts, I'm even more unenthused by the game.

"Oh, we have all this realistic physics stuff that you have to take into account before you even turn the ship, so you'd better be a damn good pilot or you're going to die horribly... "

It may well be the "Best Damn Space Simulation Ever"... but it's sounding more and more like an absolute ******* to play!!

ZaO

Well, after the latest wordy ramble from Chris Roberts, I'm even more unenthused by the game.

"Oh, we have all this realistic physics stuff that you have to take into account before you even turn the ship, so you'd better be a damn good pilot or you're going to die horribly... "

It may well be the "Best Damn Space Simulation Ever"... but it's sounding more and more like an absolute ******* to play!!
    Haha yes. I just came here to post after that. He makes me feel really good about the whole thing now. It just got more exciting

There's a nice section in this video about the flight model: http://youtu.be/RpHGEtOXFvE?t=3m9s

And a post here which I will read soon: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...Input-Controls

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:

I just hope there's a primer in S42 or something that explains all this gubbins to those of us who aren't already elite fighter-sim aces or anything!!

That was the Roberts Ramble I was talking about, incidentally.
    There's been a lot of whining about people wanting Newtonian physics, not realising that most of the games they've played already were being Newtonian. SC merely adds a whole lot more of it into the mix as well... but with this, I'm also sat here wondering how long it's going to take me just to get out of my flippin' hangar, too. I'm all for realism, but I haven't had to sit down and study a manual in depth before even playing since the days of owning a Spectrum!!

It's going to take a LOT of practice just to fly a freighter from A to B, I think...

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information